It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My experience with missing time.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Hi, I am a new member and one of the first things I wanted to ask about about was missing time, and if the following story would qualify as missing time or something else.

In 1996 my grandfather wanted to take me and my brother to England for a summer trip. After the eight hour flight me, my brother, and my grandfather decided to check into a hotel room and catch up on some rest. I remember laying down in the bed, then the next thing I remember is waking up in a steaming hot shower my skin was turned red from the heat of the as it was turned all the way up. Whenever I try to remember what happened (I estimate a six hour gap for some reason) during that time all I get is a black screen so to speak, I cannot recall anything that happened in this time.

I did not want to jump to conclusions and say that this has any links to missing time and alien abductions, but when I think on it I cannot come up with answer. Any insight would be appreciated.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 05:28 PM
link   
that is scary...

have you tryed relaxation techniques, or hypnotism?

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 05:43 PM
link   
No, I never really thought that much about it until I started reading about aliens and missing time and maybe an X-files or two.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrJingles
Hi, I am a new member and one of the first things I wanted to ask about about was missing time, and if the following story would qualify as missing time or something else.

In 1996 my grandfather wanted to take me and my brother to England for a summer trip. After the eight hour flight me, my brother, and my grandfather decided to check into a hotel room and catch up on some rest. I remember laying down in the bed, then the next thing I remember is waking up in a steaming hot shower my skin was turned red from the heat of the as it was turned all the way up. Whenever I try to remember what happened (I estimate a six hour gap for some reason) during that time all I get is a black screen so to speak, I cannot recall anything that happened in this time.

I did not want to jump to conclusions and say that this has any links to missing time and alien abductions, but when I think on it I cannot come up with answer. Any insight would be appreciated.

wow that is strange. I often wonder if our gov'ts create 'trigger words' causing these odd effects on people.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I had a similar, but smaller experience. I looked at the clock and i went downstairs, when i reached the bottom of the stairs, i looked at the clock and it read 10 minutes later. I went back upstairs and realized 15 minutes had passed in the time i had walked up and down the stairs.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Waking up in a boiling hot shower! Ouch!! Man you were really off the planet somewhere! Where? I don't know. But for sure part of your self was missing somewhere for a while

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I had a similar, but smaller experience. I looked at the clock and i went downstairs, when i reached the bottom of the stairs, i looked at the clock and it read 10 minutes later. I went back upstairs and realized 15 minutes had passed in the time i had walked up and down the stairs.

In the Michael Chriton book, Andromeda Strain, a character had something similar to that happen to him where he would tie his shoe and look up and ten minutes had passed. It turned out he had epilepsy, dunno if its worth looking into, but maybe worthwhile.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Perhpas you have dissociative disorder, or go into some kind of fugue state. I know it's extreme, but they're possibilities.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 12:39 PM
link   
hmm I often think about missing time and deja vu there are similarities trigger images and words that trigger my deja vu . When my deja vu occurs I tell everyone to shutup and stop what there doing then I saw what everyone around me was going to do or say it freaks out all my friends

top topics

join