It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone ever read these UFO books ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
"UFOs and the National Security State: Chronology of a Coverup, 1941-1973"

amazon.com

"Top Secret/Majic: Operation Majestic-12 and the United States Government's UFO Cover-up"
amazon.com

Mod Edit: Link format edited. Please review this post.

[edit on 13-11-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Read UFO's and the national security state. Fantastic book. Richard Dolan put an incredible amount of time and effort into this book, and it shows-It is one of the most complete and convincing reads about gov and military knowledge and secrecy that I have ever read. Extremely detailed, with tons of official documentation to back up his sources.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Thank you. I thought that one looked especially good.
I ordered both from amazon today.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I'll order both of those as soon as I'm done with Phillip Corso's book.
"The Day after Roswell"

Amazon: Book Order Page

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Stanton Friedmans book is the best book i've ever read on the subject . If you want flashy photo's claiming to be UFO's or aliens or wild claims , then this is not the book for you .

But if you want a concise analysis of the Majestic documents then look no further . This book was the turning point for not only my belief in Roswell , but the subsequent 50 year cover-up .

I'm a skeptic by nature , even though i have read an awful lot on this subject and for a long time . I don't buy into the alien autopsy , Sitchins or Corsos claims , in fact after over 25 years of study i could count what i believe are real cases on 1 hand . But if this book doesn't convince you of Roswell and the fact that Majestic 12 does or did exist , nothing will.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Read all but the first and all had something the others didn't so I found something new in each. I'd like to add:

- Cosmic Voyage (Courtney Brown Phd) (1997)
- UFO, The Government Files (P. BrookSmithe) (1996)
- Above Top Secret, the world wide cover up (T Good) (1988)
- Flying Saucers - Serious Business (Frank Edwards) (1966)
- Flying Saucer from Outer space (Maj Donald Keyhoe) (1953)

Lot's of great books out there. There are a number of others too but the older books are getting harder and harder to find.

Dallas

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas
- Above Top Secret, the world wide cover up (T Good) (1988)

I own this one and like it.
Supposedly there is a follow up book called Beyond Top Secret.
I'd like to read Keyhoe's book.

I wasn't entirely convinced of Corso's book either.
To summarize my problem with it:

It's too short on details of how the tech was distributed.
Corso says they sat on the roswell tech until the early 1960's.
That doesn't make sense to me. Also I find it a little too coincidental
he just happened to be the duty officer at the air base where the bodies moved through in 1947, and just "put it out of his mind". And then gets picked 15 years later, or whatever it was, to run this project.

I think Corso is a good guy and may have possibly been in the loop on some UFO
subjects due to his affiliation with Trudeau, but I don't take everything in the book
at face value.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Corso's book I felt was one of those types -- you believe or you don't. I had the feeling some fluff was added to make the page rate.
But the Military people he speaks of and reported to (eg Gen Trudeau) are real people deceased or no, I feel it added credibility to the late ret Col Corso's account.

All and all I was very impressed with his book, The Day After Roswell. Another book I'd seen at the library lately I thought was good: Betty and Barny Hill UFO Abduction experience in a book called The Interrupted Journey. I think their psychiatrist Dr Simon wrote it? (1966??). The origination of the transister is not clear cut as to how the PNP matter was found.

Thought Barny Hill's story while under hypnosis was spooky. The actual recording of his testimony is available and it's scary.

Dallas

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
While you're at it add this one: Unconventional Flying Objects by Paul R. Hill

Real good book written by an ex-NASA engineer who attempts to explain the scientific principles behind UFOs. Goes over my head in a lot of parts!

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I read "Above Top Secret"

Seriously.
That's how I found this place.

Then I was talking about it with my dad, whom I hadn't seen in 13 years (since I was 6) and he told me he frequents the site, and I was more interested because he was in Naval intelligence somehow in Vietnam and reported to people above the pres. MJ12. At the time, I had no idea who they were. Now, I am awed.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by JeffWolf
I'll order both of those as soon as I'm done with Phillip Corso's book.
"The Day after Roswell"

Amazon: Book Order Page

My personal opinion is that the story on technological advances.. and dealings were true. As for the matters of "the aliens being a threat" etc.. and anything to that extent are just for misinformation purposes.

Just like with most stuff released.. there are bits of truth.. but still the shroud of deceit.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 03:58 AM
link   
After considerable reading and other investigative stuff.. I'm coming to the realization when people are indicating that they find themselves paralyzed during a CE3, their being hit with ULF waves. This may also be reacting with car ignitions causing a gasoline/piston powered vehicle to stop.

Dallas

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
What's ULF ?

Is that like ELF ?

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden
What's ULF ?

Is that like ELF ?

I think he means "Ultra Low Frequency" waves

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Dolan's book is great. His appearance on Sci-Fi Investigates...not so good

Sounds like he is almost done with his follow up book.

Paul Hill's book on Unconvetional Flying Objects is more scientific than stories, but he takes from the UFO reports and builds a good guess as to what's going on. Too bad he died, he would of been a great ally as an ex-NASA engineer. The nice thing is to know there are scientists like him looking at the phenomenon in a rational light, instead of as debunkers.

John Mack's Passport to the Cosmos, interesting but I wish it got to more possible answers than stories. Also a shame that he was killed.

My next book (if I find the time) will be the Majic Eyes Only book by Ryan Wood.

[edit on 14/11/06 by Atomic]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden
Supposedly there is a follow up book called Beyond Top Secret.
I'd like to read Keyhoe's book.

Schaden, Beyond Top secret is well worth a read - as is 'Clear Intent' by Barry Greenwood.

If you've not seen it before there are some free E-books on this thread including one by Major Donald Keyhoe.

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Thanks for the Keyhoe link. Clear Intent is on my list to read. I still need to read Beyond Top Secret. I've read some of Good's other books and they were good, but ATS is the best so far.

Dolan's Natl Security book was fantastic.

I've read most of part II which covers 73-91. There is plenty of new content.

I was disturbed to learn about the demise of the Aerial Phenemena Research Group (APRO) around 1988. Dolan writes the organization had 18 filing cabinets of "letters. photos, files, fragments, and artifacts."

They had possession of the gloves worn by the man with the close encounter with the Falcon Lake UFO in Canada in 1967 !

All of this evidence disappeared.

Hynek moved down to Arizona on the promise of a research grant from some east coast benefactors. He quickly became disillusioned. A mysterious woman Tina Choate, and a man named Brian Myers, took custody on the grounds of keeping the material local to the area. They had recently started the International Center for UFO Research (ICUFOR)

CUFOS tried to get the material, but a family member of the founders was bribed or "convinced" to give the material to the man and woman with the ICUFOR org. Once they had the files, they locked it up and threw away the key. No one has seen any of it since. It's never been offered for sale or offered to researchers or anything, strange motivation. It's impossible not to speculate about a federal agency's involvement.

(page 440-441)

[edit on 25-2-2010 by Schaden]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Schaden

Schaden, some fascinating reading there mate -haven't read Richard Dolan's second book yet but its certainly on the to do list.

Theres a great recommended book list at this link and I've been after reading 'Incident at Exeter' by John G Fuller for quite a while now.

Cheers.

new topics

top topics

join