It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will be the repercussions of a Nucleur Iran?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
For all intensive purposes, Iran might as well already be Nucleur. The current policy towards sanctioning Iran is not working as Russia and China are blocking moves by the U.S to impose any meaningful sanctions.

The military option via Israel or the U.S is seeming less and less likely Iran has had plenty of time to prepare and the World consensus will not back military action against Iran.

Soo..to me, it's only a matter of time untill Iran has Nukes. My question for members of the board is how will this effect Israels' standing in the M.E and U.S hegemony in the M.E in general?

How exactly will Iran use this ace in their hands?

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kojac

How exactly will Iran use this ace in their hands?

In all probability, they would use it just the same way every other nuclear armed country does, as a deterrent to invasion. Using a nuclear weapon in an unprovoked attack would be insane. The entire world would retaliate and even the US would get taken down in that scenario.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Using a nuclear weapon in an unprovoked attack would be insane

I agree. I don't believe Iran would use a nuke in an unprovoked attack. In saying that though, Israel are going crazt trying to do whatever they can to stop Iran aquiring the technology. Surely they don't believe Tehran is going to start a Nucleur war?

I believe this is all about Iran having the clout to be able to be more vocal in issues like Gaza without getting "stared out" by Israel/ U.S. How else do you explain the desperate Israeli opposition towards their program?

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Give Hezbollah the nuke and tell them to destroy Tel Aviv. Finally destroying Israel after decades of failure. Possible retaliation by Israeli subs, who gets orders to nuke Iran.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Give Hezbollah the nuke and tell them to destroy Tel Aviv

Rubbish. Iran could have given Hezbollah chemical weapons years ago, if that was their goal. You are preaching the doomsday scenario my friend, "it will be Nucleur War!"

lets focus on realistic scenario's rather than rightwing neo-con scare stories.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kojac

Rubbish. Iran could have given Hezbollah chemical weapons years ago, if that was their goal. You are preaching the doomsday scenario my friend, "it will be Nucleur War!"

lets focus on realistic scenario's rather than rightwing neo-con scare stories.

They could have given them, but chemical weapons have to be deployed in vast amounts to decapitate Israel from retaliating and its slow to kill and unpredictable (for example wind direction). A nuclear weapon is far better option in taking out the leadership in one blow, depending on an event where all the leaders are in one basket.

[edit on 13-11-2006 by deltaboy]

top topics

join