It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Is The Darkhorse

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I suppose the topic starter thinks its diabolical..

lol ..

come on guys... you already know all of this stuff... honestly..

When anyone says anything to you, its subliminal programming... you can't 're-program' a program that doesn't already exist...

Your surfacing thoughts... bringing other potential thoughts to the pool to draw from.. this isn't new.. this is just the nature of thougt.

First and foremost everyone who reads this... Go study how the brain works.. how the body works... nervous system, cells.. all brain centers(pieces) ..

Next...

This guy is a nut... stop blowing things outta purportion people...

[sarcasm]OMG I ate BREAKFAST This morning... NOT BREAKFAST!!! Everyone BREAKFAST@![/sarcasm]

All thats happening to you is, unconciously you are aware of everything in your peripheral vision... so as you read or look at other things... (that is, WHEN you focus you are excluding stimuli, or information from your concious experience.)

so He's freaking out because they(google) want you to buy things from E-bay, and multitudes of other companies.. look out.. you might be tempted to think of an I-POD ten times a frickin' day..

So knowing this helps you either manipulate the ignorant, or be aware of people thinking your ignorant to subliminal messages.

If someone knows you well enough, they can use trigger words to surface events or thoughts that cause certain reactions in your body... and thinking body..

All it is, is suggestion.... people suggest things, and it brings up thoughts, that we relate to the suggested material...

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Chosen_Few
billybob,
You have hit the nail on the head yet so many on this board think we should TRUST those who "The people creating those ads are just people like you and me trying to make an honest buck."

Please tell me you're kidding...
Sometimes a spade is a spade. Especially when it's proven, and can be replicated by yourself.

Look I'll give you the straight deal here. The people (once again, like YOU and ME) usually learn how to do this from an e-book. There are several of them around. (The Rich Jerk, Affiliate Master's, Googlecash etc...) They teach you how to make an effective google ad in order to capture peopl's attention more. They even put teach you some NLP in the process.

But subliminal advertising?? Silent sounds??? When I see that my browser is suddenly taking up more RAM and CPU processing time than usual, the second I go on a page with google ads, I'll believe you. Now all those myspace.com profiles do much more than that what memory and processor activity is concerned. Are those people(mostly young, materialistic consumers) trying to brainwash us with subliminal advertisement too???

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
while subliminal advertising is a well known technique in advertising, i think you are blowing it way out of proportion, and quite frankly, are seriously paranoid; paranoid enough to seek psyhological help.

if you dont know how google ads work, they are totally dependant on whats in the content of the page. if its a page about cars, the ads are about cars. if the page is about cats, the ads are about cats. on this site, the ads are about conspiracy theories since, you guessed it, the content of this site and its pages are conspiracy theories. [in fact, we, the users, can even control the ads, by collectively typing specific keywords.]

so, your argument should be, "the internet, including its users and ATS itself [and its users], combined with adsense, and other similar services, are a darkhorse".

Also the ads utilize ultrasound as part of this. You need to be sure to disable your system soundcard within your system bios to avoid irreparable damage to your subconscious.
prove it.

I feel at risk even mentioning this as I know a certain few who may retaliate against me for bringing this to the masses of people in the know.
who "may retaliate"?

As you are reading this post the blinking ads are imprinting enslaving subconscious thoughts.
please prove that the motive behind this is more sinister then for the purpose of implanting thoughts to buy the advertised products.

As you are reading this post look up on the screen and also to the right. You are being re-programmed.
re-programmed for what purpose? and by whom? can you verify any of this, or are you just heretical?

I wanted you to know before it is too late. At all cost spread the word my brothers the evil is near and always present on the World Wide Web.
while conservatives might consider "the ever-present evil on the WWW" as the liberal media, most rationally thinking people know what subliminally advertising is, know how adsense works, and know that subliminal advertising is used by companies to get consumers to buy their products.

[edit on 11/13/2006 by prototism]

[edit on 11/13/2006 by prototism]

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   

while subliminal advertising is a well known technique in advertising..

True it is well known, and illegal, though I do remember reading
somewhere that it does'nt actually work as well as most people
think.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Hey man I am with you all the way. I know the Illuminati do this. I wrote a book on my computer once and I thought it was totally ficiton when I wrote it but my friend who knows the Illuminati told me it was not ficiton. I think about a lot of things that are actually true. It is weird.

But anyway, I think I get it because if you notcie, whatever you type or look at a thread, there will be related links and weird sublminal stuff. I already sent you a u2u.

I believe you. But I sometimes get internet addiciton. Now that you mention it, I am feeling lightheaded. Kind of like (if you know the feeling) when you get ELF'd. I have got to wuit this,

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   

...there will be related links...

That's because there are programs that search for keywords
on the page, and produce adds it finds relevant to the keyword
string it finds.

It's not subliminal messages, it's just blind directional advertisement.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Good thing I wear my glasses when I'm on the internet.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human Defense
Now that you mention it, I am feeling lightheaded. Kind of like (if you know the feeling) when you get ELF'd. I have got to wuit this,
its called the power of suggestion.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Google dosn't manipulate people into anything only websites. They have nothing as my own website is on google, they don't pick some sites, they use bots to search for keywords.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Also the ads utilize ultrasound as part of this. You need to be sure to disable your system soundcard within your system bios to avoid irreparable damage to your subconscious.

If ads are that annoying then grab firefox, adblock,flashblock and turn your speakers off.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human Defense
Hey man I am with you all the way. I know the Illuminati do this. I wrote a book on my computer once and I thought it was totally ficiton when I wrote it but my friend who knows the Illuminati told me it was not ficiton. I think about a lot of things that are actually true. It is weird.

But anyway, I think I get it because if you notcie, whatever you type or look at a thread, there will be related links and weird sublminal stuff.

Your friend knows the Illuminati
? Which one? How many?

You know those links are their to actually make your information gathering expierence easier, right? It is a vast conspiracy to help you*

Advertising is everywhere: if you are afraid of it you need to sit in a dark room and never come out*

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Also the ads utilize ultrasound as part of this.

ok , this is apes " put up or shut up challenge "

please cite a single ad using "ultrasound " techniques , so that i can download it and run an audio analysis on its embedded soundfiles to confirm that it does indeed have " ultrasonics " .

i have some quite reasonable software , and a real osciliscope , i am not a professional sound enginneer , but i know enough to be dangerous , and i can certantly tell if a sound file had " ultrasonics " that would / could be used to subliminally influence me .

so , please put your entire hypothesis on the line - and identify an ad that has these " ultrasonics " that can be tested , because at the moment the only hi pitched whine is coming from you

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I have to agree with most members in this thread. It's absolutely ridiculous.

1. Google is nothing more than a "middle man". Google brings the sites to the people. That's putting it simple. A clearer understanding of how Google works and you'll soon realize that Google can't technically be called "The Dark Horse".
2. There is a huge difference between subliminal messages/marketing and effective marketing.
3. There is NO strong evidence that subliminal messages actually work. Also the use of methods such as "back masking" or your so-called "ultrasound’s” effectiveness is questioned and far from fact.
4. Your statement " You need to be sure to disable your system soundcard within your system bios to avoid irreparable damage to your subconscious" tells me that you have no idea what the hell you're talking about. I take it you're referring to the EFI? Why do you need to turn off the sound in the BIOS? Why can't you just switch of your speakers or turn down the volume? Your statement leaves me no choice but to shake my head in disbelieve.
5. Many people (most adults) can't hear ultrasounds. Not even subconsciously.
6. And then the natural question: What kind of proof is there? I spent at least 9 hours a day in front of a PC. A great deal of my time goes into IT/technology/programming research. I spend a lot of time look at program code and web page source code. In the past 14 years I have never stumbled across anything that even hints at deliberate or subconscious subliminal messaging. You'll say that I have been programmed not to see it. Fair enough. Show me your proof then.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I wonder why everyone's ganging up on this new user? All he did is post his thoughts and beliefs.

You all know as well as I that there's some pretty weird stuff posted on here daily.
I'll be the first to admit that I actually laugh at some of it and do not think it is all true.

That being said, the poster does sound very much in need of medication. However, who knows who's truth is the truth? I, for one, certainly do not.

Maybe he is not talking about ALL ads on google and tv. Maybe he's talking about the ones he knows are the devil....excuse me, not the devil, but the ones that are controlling people's minds.

Hell, as a matter of fact, I could use a little mind control right now, thank-you-very-much.

I am I

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 02:07 AM
link   
jesus christ man,
have u heared of a popup blocker at all??

www.popupstopper4free.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>
there easy enough to get just go to google and search for them then dl one.

Omega85

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I have one question...:
As far as i noticed the OP says that he dont look to the screen , and use a kind of notepad to write in order to not look directly to the monitor.... my i ask then,,,why he is reading the topic, and answering to some members?

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Chosen Few, Your correct to a point, the net can and is being used for business, communication etc. but as with any meida tool yes it can be used by those who wish to control our minds. Those who wish to control know the power of the net and would seek to use it.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 03:14 AM
link   

please cite a single ad using "ultrasound " techniques , so that i can download it and run an audio analysis on its embedded soundfiles to confirm that it does indeed have " ultrasonics " .

Similarly, how about posting a link to ANY ad that features 'blinking ads that are imprinting enslaving subconscious thoughts'. It is just as easy to dissect an ad as it is to put it together. I'm sure that there are quite a few members around here capable of identifying anything with 'evil intent'. I personally would like to investigate this further.

It's good to be warned about subliminal advertising
but I would appreciate knowing exactly WHAT we are supposed to avoid.

Thanks!

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 05:30 AM
link   
At risk my a**e. Where do these people crawl out of? There are so many posts now that are blatant attempts to up the ats points for a user.

Very Dull, Very Silly.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Brainwasing? Mind Control? I believe mind control fits here, Have a little. Is anyone in here weakminded enough that they are forced beyond their will to run out and purchase a product or watch a show? I would hope not. Its called advertising. It helps keep stuff like ATS free for you and me. It would be different if these ads were subliminal msgs for something else, but at least show me that before these paranoid ramblings procede any further. Maybe open the blinds and undo a few of those locks on your door while your at it
lol, but seriously I think we are being a little paranoid on this one.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join