It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I predict Bush will resign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that Bush will either resign or be impeached before the end of his term.

With the dems sweeping power in Congress, Rummy resigning, and now talk of Cheney either being replaced or resigning, as well as Iraq in total turmoil, I think it's all just gonna be too much for him. He's gonna bail. The criminal court is also looking to press charges against Rummy, and you know Bush has got to be getting aweful cold feet right about now. Make that ice cube stompers.

Chavez demonized him at the UN meeting to worldwide applause. That's gotta hurt. Even though he might still hold untrumpable veto power, the public pressure to pull out of Iraq will become so great that he just won't be able to deal with it all. I sense at this point that his assertion that Americans can't take another loss is crap. Sure Americans can take a loss. Because really, most Americans were opposed to the damn war in the first place, and once troops are out of Iraq, I bet many will see it as at least a political win. The mud will be stuck on the Bush administration's face, not on the American people's.

Americans are tired of seeing our young lives wasted, for what has turned out to be lies and NWO agenda. It is sad that America let him get as far as he did with it, because ultimately, hundreds of thousands of poor people's lives were taken needlessly, and a country has been left in arguably, civil war.

It will be too much. And as stubborn as he is, even he will have to face reality that: He was wrong. It's too bad that his life was not on the line for each and every decision he has made, that villified the name America to the world. Because he would not be alive today if his life had been.

/rant

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
I'm going to ... predict that Bush will either resign or be impeached before the end of his term.

Naaaaaaaaah. There isn't enough time left in office for anyone to bother with him and he won't be resigning. Everyone's attention will be on the 2008 election (and Hillary about to win and be the first female president).

That flake Pelosi will try to impeach him. But it won't happen.

CHENEY may resign. I figured all along that he would right near the end. Then they'd fill the position with Dr. Rice and they (the republicans) would be able to say that they have had a black woman in higher office than the dems.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
kk FF, we'll see what happens! It's gonna be interesting to say the least!

The tree has been shaken at the foundation, and it's only a matter of time before the top apple falls!

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
TrueAmerican

I will light a candle so that your vision becomes true.

However, i think its more likely that he will be impeached and kicked out of the White House kicking and screaming.

Either would make me a happy woman.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
TrueAmerican

Goody goody, cause Ima light another one myself! I really hate to go on about Bush dg, but damn. Just damn. Some guy was saying on talk radio the other day that he will go down in history as the President that fought the War on Terror. In my mind he will go down as the one who started it and had no chance of winning it to begin with.

But all those lives! All those lives!

However, i think its more likely that he will be impeached and kicked out of the White House kicking and screaming.

I sooooooo hear ya. And am sooooooo WITH ya. Peace.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a. they have a majority, but not enough to impeach...and they know it. that's why theyre making such a show of bipartisanship.

b. why would he resign knowing they cant impeach?

c. i'll give you five to one odds that (barring his death) bush is in office until january of 2009 . takers?

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I am gonna predict that Bush goes along with a lot of what the Democrats say Except for a few things of course but in the end the Dems will kick themselves in the Butt before the 08 elections and the republicans will gain back control.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackJuice
I am gonna predict that Bush goes along with a lot of what the Democrats say Except for a few things of course but in the end the Dems will kick themselves in the Butt before the 08 elections and the republicans will gain back control.

i'll add to that....if the dems screw up this chance theyve been given, and the republicans do take over again in 08, there will once again be accusations of voter fraud.

because everyone knows that no sane person would ever vote republican.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700

i'll add to that....if the dems screw up this chance theyve been given, and the republicans do take over again in 08, there will once again be accusations of voter fraud.

because everyone knows that no sane person would ever vote republican.

HAHA true. Don't get me wrong though i was glad to see the power balance out a bit and i hope the dems get rid of the patriot act. However, i just keep getting this sinking feeling when i read the headlines like they are just gonna screw this up and instead of sitting in the middle where things belong they will probably move far left and that will suck. I agree we shouldn't be in Iraq forever but lets hope they dont pull out six months from now with an Iraq breaking down into civil war.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackJuice
I agree we shouldn't be in Iraq forever but lets hope they dont pull out six months from now with an Iraq breaking down into civil war.

I'm not so sure bout that. I think if a begin pullout date is set secretly with the Iraqi government, it will raise the pressure on them dramatically. Because then it's gonna be do or die. Literally. They will have the to face either pulling it together, or the country is going to get overrun with factional civil war. I'm liking some of the partition ideas floating around, with care taken to provision a share of GNP revenue equally among the three groups, and hence, three new independent states.

I'm sure some of you hardcore political analysts are thinkin I'm nuts for saying Bush will resign, and that's fine. I just have the feeling, that's all. A balloon can only be inflated so big before it finally goes POP...

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I predict that Bush won't resign.

Because:

*earlier poster stated not enough time left in his last term in office.
*he's too stubborn to resign.

However, he is still under the Curse of Tecumseh, so he may yet get an early exit....

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
He's not going to resign. He won't be impeached. The Democrats are no better organized than they ever are. Pelosi has to get her own caucus together in some form of unified front (like that'll happen) before they could even to begin to cause Bush any real problems.

Pelosi's guy Murtha losing his bid to be majority leader speaks volumes about her own party's opinion of her. Pelosi, Rangel, Shumer, et.al. will do a lot of grandstanding in the next two years and accomplish next to nothing.

If 2008 turns out to be Hillary vs Giuliani, he'll kick her butt.

And that's my prediction.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The fear that the US leaving will create a civil war in Iraq is highly overrated. Possibly a fear manufactured from those who would continue to desire war in Iraq.

They said the same thing about Vietnam. Only this time our wrath has created more terrorists with intent to do harm to the US. This we cannot avoid. This is a consequence to going to war in Iraq.

Mainly, the entire Middle East is mad that we're over there at all. That's what they are not happy about. If the US leaves then a big part of the Middle Eastern resentment will be gone.

If we get out now, it will be on our timetable, if later then it will be on their timetable.

BTW, look for increased UFO sightings in places of political unrest. The UFOs are going to be especially watching N Korea and Iran because of nuclear ambitions.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by c3hamby
However, he is still under the Curse of Tecumseh, so he may yet get an early exit....

OHHHHH MY! I forgot about that. yes he is. Some say Reagan broke it but I don't know if that's true or not. Reagan was 1/4 Indian (or claims to be) and so that is why he survived the assassination attempt.

The 'Zero Year Curse' still has 2 years to do it's thing with Bush 43.

I'm glad you brought it up. I forgot about that.

Still .. all you folks who are 'lighting candles' that Bush gets out. Don't forget, you will then have CHENEY. Do you really want Cheney?

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
TrueAmerican

DG, I'm quite sure you've said many times that you believe Bush would never leave office, or am I thinking of someone else?

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
If 2008 turns out to be Hillary vs Giuliani, he'll kick her butt.

My God!

Either way the you could kiss the Second Amendment goodbye.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 12:47 AM
link   
If Cheney were to resign and another Vice President were appointed, then Bush were to step down, then that would give a tremendous advantage for the new Republican President to prove that he could lead this country. That would likely be the only chance for the Republican Party to win the 2008 election for President.

As far as impeachment and removal from office is concerned, it is clearly not in the best interest of the Democrats to pursue such a thing. Currently, they have a clear advantage heading for the 2008 elections. Bush for 2 more years will only go to ensure that advantage. To put another Republican in office who might actually do some good would not build a good case for electing a Democrat to office.

Personally, I've been pushing for the creation of another party that would represent the Average American. Democrats have been far left and Republicans have become Mega-Corporation supporters. This all leaves a huge gap in between that a 3rd party could fill if it had the right movement.

However, I suspect that Americans need to see what 6 years of Democrat rule looks like before they'll wake up. We've already seen what 6 years of Republican rule brings. I hope I'm wrong on that. I hope that Middle America arouses from its' slumber in the next 2 years.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
My God!

Either way the you could kiss the Second Amendment goodbye.

No way. I don't see that happening, regardless of who's in the office. Which isn't to say we don't need to be diligent in protecting the rights we have.

Here's an interesting link, btw, from OnTheIssues.org. I'm pointing out Giuliani's comment on gun ownership, but you can find out where almost any political leader stands on almost any issue from there.

Originally posted by davenman
Personally, I've been pushing for the creation of another party that would represent the Average American. Democrats have been far left and Republicans have become Mega-Corporation supporters. This all leaves a huge gap in between that a 3rd party could fill if it had the right movement.

There already is one. Check out the Libertarians.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

OHHHHH MY! I forgot about that. yes he is. Some say Reagan broke it but I don't know if that's true or not. Reagan was 1/4 Indian (or claims to be) and so that is why he survived the assassination attempt.

Do you remember when John Hinckley tried to asassinate Reagan? The bullet lodged within an inch of Reagan's heart. Whether or not one can say that Reagan stopped the curse is hard to say, but he did get within a inch of not stopping the curse....

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I dont want bush to resign.I want him to stay in office and suffer.With the dems in power of congress and the constant increase of critism,the white house never looked so cold.

new topics

top topics

join