It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Violated Intl Human Rights Laws/Is Belligerant Occupant of Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
It is understood that many unConstitutional laws or decrees (U.S.A. Patriot Act, suspension of Habeas Corpus, Posse Comitatus, and other critical protections erected to protect U.S. citizens from government and military corruption) that were passed either by, or under current sitting president George W. Bush are legally untenable, and will not be recognized by the citizens of this country.

It is also understood that 75% or more of this country feel this president must be impeached (although that may not become a reality), that there needs to be an accounting of injustices and illicit actions perpetrated by this government against its own citizens, and of civilians in other countries.

To this end, I want to include only some of what I've come across detailing these affronts to humanity. The laws put in place not only by the United States government, but also those agreed upon in the international community have been ignored and trampled upon by this administration.

Believe me when I say that if the citizens and sitting representatives of this country do not hold this administration accountable now, no other country on this planet will have the power or inclination to do so, ever - as they are not now -and the farce that was once a democracy has simply fallen to the criminals and there is nothing anyone can ever do about it. Period.

Right now it appears that nothing within the newly elected congress will be done. See this article at Rense.com and this article at Infowars.com.

There are several articles detailing the U.S.'s multiple, ongoing, illegal and completely unethical breaches of international humanitarian law. Our government is acting without regard to its own, or any other laws it established, or signed contracts to uphold and this is not being disputed or questioned by anyone on this planet - anyone but the United States own outraged citizens.

Read - "Denial of Water to Iraq Cities"

Read another - "Denial of Water to Iraq Cities"

Read a third - "Denial of Water to Iraq Cities"

Read - "U.S. Using Food As A Military Tactic"

The U.S. is using siege tactics that amount of egregious human rights violations, and not speaking out - and acting against these violations, is tantamount to collusion, or at the very least condonement of these activities. How does that make you feel?

Read - "Siege Tactics and Attacks on Population Centers"

I would like to present that same question to our representatives at home and abroad - or have you sold us out? What is a democracy worth if it can't uphold its own laws and values - I'll tell you - ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. We are a tyrranical, criminal, terrorist organization, acting in accord with international and domestic law only when it serves our purposes, or when we can conduct criminal activities away from the public eye.

The laws our own government passes here violate international agreements.

Read - "U.S. Terror Law May Violate International Treaties"

If you want a more in depth accounting of the United States' transgression, please read this article.

The article, entitled "Iraq and the Laws of War: US as Belligerent Occupant", is a thorough legal detailing of the transgressions of Bush with respect to the "illegal" war with Iraq. It states:

On 19 March 2003 President Bush Jr. commenced his criminal war against Iraq by ordering a so-called decapitation strike against the President of Iraq in violation of a 48-hour ultimatum he had given publicly to the Iraqi President and his sons to leave the country. This duplicitous behavior violated the customary international laws of war set forth in the 1907 Hague Convention on the Opening of Hostilities to which the United States is still a contracting party, as evidenced by paragraphs 20, 21, 22, and 23 of U.S. Army Field Manual 27-10 (1956). Furthermore, President Bush Jr.'s attempt to assassinate the President of Iraq was an international crime in its own right. Of course the Bush Jr. administration's war of aggression against Iraq constituted a Crime against Peace as defined by the Nuremberg Charter (1945), the Nuremberg Judgment (1946), and the Nuremberg Principles (1950) as well as by paragraph 498 of U.S. Army Field Manual 27-10 (1956).

The article also states:

As the belligerent occupant of Iraq, the United States government is obligated to ensure that its puppet Interim Government of Iraq obeys the Four Geneva Conventions of 1949, the 1907 Hague Regulations on land warfare, U.S. Army Field Manual 27-10 (1956), the humanitarian provisions of Additional Protocol I of 1977 to the Four Geneva Conventions of 1949, and the customary international laws of war. Any violation of the laws of war, international humanitarian law, and human rights committed by its puppet Interim Government of Iraq are legally imputable to the United States government. As the belligerent occupant of Iraq, both the United States government itself as well as its concerned civilian officials and military officers are fully and personally responsible under international criminal law for all violations of the laws of war, international humanitarian law, and human rights committed by its puppet Interim Government of Iraq such as, for example, reported death squads operating under the latter's auspicies.

There is so much more in this article that it is critical that it is read and understood to begin to get a full picture of how our government, the government of the United States, is acting contrary to domestic and international law, and how disturbingly little if anything is being done.

I am ashamed of the actions of this administration, and nothing short of impeachment and a total reversal of these heinous and unConstitutional laws, and an apology to the citizens of Iraq and the world is acceptable. This is a disgrace!

[edit on 13-11-2006 by OnTheDeck]

new topics

join