It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney Next on the Chopping Block?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The Democrats take control over the house and senate,Rumsfeld resigns,and now this?

(PrisonPlanet)-According to Washington insiders, there are moves afoot to dump Vice President Dick Cheney and replace him with either John McCain or Rudolph Giuliani prior to the 2008 presidential election. Whoever succeeds Cheney will be able to campaign for the presidency with the perks that come with being an incumbent Vice President.
www.prisonplanet.com...

Since the increasingly-besieged Cheney has signaled he has no intention of voluntarily stepping down, the strategy by the Bush camp may be to force him out by presenting evidence before Special Counsel Patrick Fitzgerald that it was Cheney who was responsible for the compromise of CIA non-proliferation covert officer Valerie Plame Wilson and her Brewster Jennings & Associates cover firm.
www.prisonplanet.com...

Observers note the unusual professional relationship between Fitzgerald and Karl Rove's defense attorney Robert Luskin. Insiders believe that Fitzgerald may be proffered a carefully crafted deal by Luskin whereby Rove will testify to Cheney's primary role in the outing of Mrs. Wilson and her firm. The sealed indictment of Rove will then be retired permanently. If such a deal is worked out, Fitzgerald may then offer a deal to Lewis I. "Scooter" Libby, Cheney's former Chief of Staff, to also testify against Cheney. With such double-barreled testimony, President Bush will then be compelled to ask Cheney for his resignation or face a very nasty and public indictment. www.prisonplanet.com...

Id like to think that all these changes are a good thing,but it also smells of people bailing off a sinking ship before they go down with it.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Who would take his place? Nancy Pelosi?

I'm sure it will be another NWO guy... Mccain... hopefully, he will not be running in 2008 if he's elected vice-president.

He was tortured in Vietnam and he voted for the military comission act... stupid monkey.

[edit on 13-11-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Vitchilo, did you read the post?

Black_Fox, this is very interesting and I think quite likely. It would be the perfect move for the Republican party. I won't vote for any of them but getting Dick (the Rat) Cheney far away from the presidency is the best thing Republicans could do to better their chances of taking the presidency in 2008.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
With this election out of the way, and all eyes focused on 2008, I expect some shuckin' and jivin' over the next year.
To position McCain or Giuliani in the White House would be a good move for the Republicans.

I don't think they would want to tarnish Cheney's image too much before 2008 though.
It would look a lot better if he had a health problem and used that as an excuse to drop off the radar.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

(I'm barfing on Pelosi and NOT on you Vitchlo)

I went to Arlington this weekend for the ceremonies at Arllington Cemetary. Nancy Pelosi was there .. acting like a freak'n movie star. It was disgusting. She was waving from the balcony with her cardboard smile and posing for pictures while the speeches went on. Everyone else behaved properly ... didn't do the 'I'm a movie star' wave; didn't pose for pictures; they all listened to the speeches; and their faces actually moved whereas hers was a cardboard fake smile.

Her aura REEKED of deluded self-importance. She thought very highly of herself and it just flowed and flowed from her. I don't want to sound all new-agey or anything but MY GOD ... it was AWFUL and you could feel it pouring off her.

UGH

That being said ... I have fully expected Cheney to resign before the 8 years are up. I fully expect Dr. Rice to be taking his place - for the last year or so of the 8 year stint. This way the Republicans can replace the VP who isn't going to run and they can replace him with a republican who isn't going to run .. and who is BLACK and a WOMAN. Then the republicans can say that they have had a female and a minority in higher office then the dems.

Betchya.

[edit on 11/13/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Unless things are different 1 1/2 years from now, Hillary is the one to beat. I have been wondering myself if Cheney wouldn't be out in favor of Condoleeza Rice.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I dont know what to think about this.

Chenney might be going huh..

Has he finally concluded that he has enough digits on his bank balance?
Or maybe he believes he can better control the powers behind the curtain if he himself isnt in the spot light sa much..

Maybe the heirachy behind the curtains believe the just gone election is a wake up that the current stage show needs a shake up if they are to continue there plans past 08..

I mean, no one will be voting republican in 08 if Chenney, Bush, Rummy are all standing around giving them recomendations would they?

It doesnt fit..

the most powerful VP in history, the most historical and decorated secretary of defense both leaving in a time when the country is at its most vulnerable, and most overstretched?

I believe in a fresh face in issues sure..

but If I start a project where lives are in the balance, I wouldnt quit half way through and expect the 'new' guy to be able to take over and finish the problem.
Maybe they realise they have squeezed as much as they possibly could out of this..

not its time to jump ship, let the dems hang themselves trying to fix the problem.. creating a public backlash when they also fail.. thus giving the republicans the upper hand on 08?

I dunno..

Im a bit down but..

why does it seem mankind is slowly allowing these guys to get away with hundereds of thousands of deaths... with nothing but a handshake a well done and a fat bank balance?

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The Vice President technically can't be fired by the president, he was duly and separately elected to his constitutional post by the electoral college, unlike the Secretaries of various departments that do serve at the pleasure of the President.

That said, however, in practice Cheney would probably leave if asked by the President.

If Cheney does leave, Bush will have to appoint someone else who has to be confirmed by both the House and the Senate to take office.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
hen the republicans can say that they have had a female and a minority in higher office then the dems.

Betchya.

You could be right, there.

DJ, Thanks for the scoop on that. I don't think there'd be any trouble getting the House and Senate to approve either John McCain or Rudolph Giuliani. They're pretty well-liked guys across the aisle.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the next 2 months AND 2 years...

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
DJ, Thanks for the scoop on that. I don't think there'd be any trouble getting the House and Senate to approve either John McCain or Rudolph Giuliani. They're pretty well-liked guys across the aisle.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the next 2 months AND 2 years...

You're right it would be very interesting. I think it would be a dillema for the Democrats in Congress because I don't they'd like at all the idea of the Republicans swapping out Cheney for someone who might be a viable presidential candidate in 2008, but I'm sure they'd lose a lot of their political capital very quickly with the public if they were seen to be deliberately blocking good people and leaving the VP spot unfilled.

edit:

Also, I doubt anyone seriously wanting to run in 2008 would even want the job anyway.

[edit on 11/13/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Thats exactly why we need someone out side the current politcal arena,
a savy smart minded individual who's prepared to tackle this issue.

these are the sort of men that create history and make the world better for mankind.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I hate to be pedantic,
, but i still smell a large rotten fish.

Rove is walking around with a grin, and now this???

Oh man, are we being set up for something??

A huge attack? A coup? What????

Why can't i shake the feeling that this is some sham and behind it are people scheming and plotting things????

BEWARE THE EVIL.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I don't know. I think one thing keeping Bush from being impeached is the fact that Cheney would then become president. Take that away, and you never know.

If you think about it though, replacing Cheney with McCain or Giuliani would be a brilliant move by the republicans. This leads me to believe they could not have thought it up themselves.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Vitchilo

(I'm barfing on Pelosi and NOT on you Vitchlo)

She is something else alright.
Wasn't she the disrespectful so and so who word white to Reagan's funeral.

On topic, since Cheney will have to spend more time in the Senate chambers, I can see his health all of a sudden becoming an issue.
That would be a face saving reason and it is one that has been talked about in the past.
I don't see McCain doing it, though. It seems to me there is no love lost between him and Bush 43.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I think what will happen is that McCain will replace Cheney if he resigns. Cheney needs to resign because of his heart problems. Plus, Cheney is probably going to resign because he may know something that only the insiders in Washington know. What most insiders in Washington know will never be spilled over the media because it could be even more damning to the administration. This administration should be forced to confess to their wrong doings, but that won't happen. It could possible that arrest warrants have been issued for him and Rummy, but who really knows anyway.

Donald Rumsfeld, who quit as US defence secretary this week, may face criminal charges in Germany for alleged abuses in Guantanamo Bay and Iraq.

A complaint has been launched by the US-based Centre for Constitutional Rights, representing a Saudi detained in Cuba and 11 Iraqis held in Baghdad.

German law allows the pursuit of cases originating anywhere in the world.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Seeing this article really did not surprise me, not even one bit. If he is found guilty of these charges, this just the first step as to being tried in front of the World Court at The Hague, Netherlands. If that happens, he will be forced to mention names of those who supported this action. This administration should pay for the acts they have committed both against humans and humanity itself.

If the warrants have already been issued, the warrants will be served. The FBI and the DoJ however will not serve the warrants because they were not issued in this country. That job will be left up to INTERPOL, the International Police, based in France to serve the warrants. However, the Department of Justice may try to intervene and try to keep INTERPOL from serving the warrants.

This would be one step, and a big step I might add, into the downfall of this administration. I for one hope that this will lead to this administration's eventual and huge downfall.

[edit on 11/14/2006 by gimmefootball400]

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I hate to be pedantic,
, but i still smell a large rotten fish.

DG, Perhaps you smelled a big rotten Abramhoff fish:

Abramoff Reports to Prison Tomorrow; Offers Testimony on Democratic Senators ABC

Sources close to the investigation say Abramoff has provided information on his dealings with and campaign contributions and gifts to "dozens of members of Congress and staff," including what Abramoff has reportedly described as "six to eight seriously corrupt Democratic senators."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
It appears Cheney isn't running in 2008

jpost.com

The anticipated wide-open campaign will be the first since 1928 without a sitting president or vice president in the mix of candidates. Bush has served the maximum two four-year terms and Vice President Dick Cheney has made it clear he will not run.

I always take everything from PrisonPlanet as a grain of salt. If it's not written by Alex Jones it's likley spun by him in some way or another.

Would be interesting to see this happen though.

Mod Edit: Link format edited. Please review this post.

[edit on 14-11-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Constitutional issues aside, yes I believe he would leave if asked, and if a sacred cow like Rumsfeld was sacked, no one is immune.

If it, a resignation for whatever stated reason, were to occur; a good choice for an interim VP would be anyone from outside the normal retreads we see trotted out in Washington. There have to be some young, bright up and comers out there in GOP-land, both moderate and concervative that they could give the spotlight to prior to the next Presidential go 'round. I'm still a big JD Hayworth fan despite his lost reelection race in Arizona. There are a couple of others, whos names escape me, who could be possibilities. Just not the same old tired retreads we see time after time after time...

In an aside, Germany ought to be real careful about whom they accuse of human rights abuses, IMHO. Afterall, there are still people alive who remember theirs...Glass houses and all that.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Seriously corrupt Democrats should go as well. Then get rid of the Republicans.

All of them corrupt ones- (Washington empies)

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Corruption is rampant in politics, and should be rooted out. Who does it though? They certainly can't be trusted to police themselves. Politically appointed investigators? Have doubts about that as well. The only people who can be trusted to root out the corrupt are the voters. Unfortunately, we can't levy punishment, only unemployment. Still we are the best qualified to do it, so long as we stay informed, and don't let partisinship influence us unduly.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join