It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran warns israel part 2

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
its part two of Israel warning Iran

with the new developments that are happeing in the middle east with the US and UK now trying to get Iran and syria to help with Iraq. things are really heating up.

if israel attack they can expect a swift retaliation

bbc

Iran's foreign ministry spokesman has warned Tehran will not hesitate to retaliate with a crushing blow if Israel attacks its nuclear sites.
This follows comments by Israel's deputy defence minister Ephraim Sneh.

He had suggested Israel could launch military strikes against Iranian nuclear installations as a last resort.

Mohammed Ali Hosseini said if Israel indulged in such stupidity, then the response of Iranian fighters would be emphatic, crushing and immediate.

Mr Hosseini said it would not take one second.

Earlier, Mr Sneh had said he was not advocating a military attack, but considered it a last resort and he added sometimes the last resort was the only resort.

Also on the nuclear issue, Iran's Foreign Ministry reiterated the country's policy of trying to have 3,000 centrifuge machines operational by March next year in order to enrich uranium.

However so far, all the indications are that Iran only has a couple of hundred centrifuges working.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
How is Iran going to retaliate? It would be potential to learn Iran's true capabilities when responding to an Israeli attack.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
How is Iran going to retaliate? It would be potential to learn Iran's true capabilities when responding to an Israeli attack.

they operate diffrent SAMs
they have litraly hundreds of missiles
they have an air force unlike Iraq which they will use
they have a navy

so how would they retaliate with such an arsenal?

i know use sling shots with pebbles?

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Rectification, they have 10.000s of missiles armed with biological and chemicals warhead if they want. I don't think all of them have the range to Israël... but at least 400-500 have at least the range, and you know what Israël did in the 80s when Iraq launched only 2 scuds at Israël? Israël deployed his nukes... so if Iran launch a full attack against Israël, Israël will nuke back Iran.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Rectification, they have 10.000s of missiles armed with biological and chemicals warhead if they want. I don't think all of them have the range to Israël... but at least 400-500 have at least the range, and you know what Israël did in the 80s when Iraq launched only 2 scuds at Israël? Israël deployed his nukes... so if Iran launch a full attack against Israël, Israël will nuke back Iran.

i only used hundred because they only have that many that can reach israel

also they arent all chemical war heads but conventioanl (mostly cluster aswell)
so if israel was foolish enough to attack Iran would launch all conventional missiles and so on at them.

doubtfull it would go nuclear

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 01:39 AM
link   
The Iranian government is just a pack of losers that we left beihind at the beginning of the Reaniassance, we will leave them all behind at the end of the Oil age as well.

Nothing like building sandcastles in the Waterless desert to end your minute of fame.

If you love Iran and its policys so much go live there, you could even go to jail while your there just for your Avatar!! so good luck with that little endevour!!

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
^didnt know people on your ignore list can read your replies oh
well cant be botherd to waste my time replying in depth

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Israël deployed his nukes... so if Iran launch a full attack against Israël, Israël will nuke back Iran.

I did'nt know Isreal used nukes against anyone, so when was that ????

Sorry for one liner

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Israël deployed his nukes... so if Iran launch a full attack against Israël, Israël will nuke back Iran.

I did'nt know Isreal used nukes against anyone, so when was that ????

Sorry for one liner

Israël didn't nuke anyone, they deployed their nukes back in the 80s and they were about to launch them, but the US promised billions of $ in aid and weapons if they didn't launch... and they didn't launched.

But if Iran launch 150 missiles at Israël, Israël and the US, with the currents governments, don't care about using nukes against Iran.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   
So if I'm to understand this thread correctly the scenario would go something like this:

1. Israel launches an attack to destroy/diasble the Iranian nuclear sites.

2. Iran responds by sending thousands or hundreds (depending on whose information you accept) missles with chemical/biological and cluster warheads into Israel thereby attacking the gernal population.

Does this accurately summarize the thread?

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I still can not understand what does Israel expect from attacking another sovereign country that is not like Lebanon and never will be.

And still It gave them a hard time.

First of all Iran has all the rights as a nation to defend itself and they will with all their might . . . whatever it may be.

Unless Israel expects the good old US to come to the rescue once it starts their attacks on Iran I don't see how can they come out with not heavy loses.

Unless they will go nuclear on Iran to stop them.

After all who is going to sanction them in the UN if they do.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Israël didn't nuke anyone, they deployed their nukes back in the 80s and they were about to launch them, but the US promised billions of $ in aid and weapons if they didn't launch... and they didn't launched.

In the 80's? Got a link for that?

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Sorry, it was in 91 during the Gulf War 1.

Source

Israel went on full-scale nuclear alert again on the first day of Desert Storm, 18 January 1991. Seven SCUD missiles were fired against the cities of Tel Aviv and Haifa by Iraq (only two actually hit Tel Aviv and one hit Haifa). This alert lasted for the duration of the war, 43 days. Over the course of the war, Iraq launched around 40 missiles in 17 separate attacks at Israel. There was little loss of life: two killed directly, 11 indirectly, with many structures damaged and life disrupted.[98] Several supposedly landed near Dimona, one of them a close miss.[99] Threats of retaliation by the Shamir government if the Iraqis used chemical warheads were interpreted to mean that Israel intended to launch a nuclear strike if gas attacks occurred. One Israeli commentator recommended that Israel should signal Iraq that “any Iraqi action against Israeli civilian populations, with or without gas, may leave Iraq without Baghdad.”[100] Shortly before the end of the war the Israelis tested a “nuclear capable” missile which prompted the United States into intensifying its SCUD hunting in western Iraq to prevent any Israeli response.[101] The Israeli Air Force set up dummy SCUD sites in the Negev for pilots to practice on—they found it no easy task.[102] American government concessions to Israel for not attacking (in addition to Israeli Patriot missile batteries) were:

* Allowing Israel to designate 100 targets inside Iraq for the coalition to destroy,
* Satellite downlink to increase warning time on the SCUD attacks (present and future),
* “Technical parity with Saudi jet fighters in perpetuity.”[103]

I also saw from another report that they deployed them during the full-scale nuclear alert and that the US promised weapons and money that were added with the concessions.

[edit on 14-11-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I don't see how the US will attack Iran now, so it may be left for Israel. If Israel does destroy the nuclear areas and that is it, and then Iran responds by sending BIOLOGICAL tipped missiles, then Israel should be allowed to nuke someone. 3 things you do not send to a country: nuclear, biological, or chemical weapons. Unless you want to get burned.

Let's just hope nothing happens. I don't care if Iran has nukes...do you? If Europe and Russia and India, etc. are not concerned why should we who are thousands of miles away?

[edit on 14-11-2006 by RetinoidReceptor]

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

Originally posted by deltaboy

they operate diffrent SAMs
they have litraly hundreds of missiles
they have an air force unlike Iraq which they will use
they have a navy

so how would they retaliate with such an arsenal?

i know use sling shots with pebbles?

I believe the Israelis have shot down hundreds of MIGs with their F-16s and F-15s while taking few losses. Even with more modernized MIGs, F-5s, and F-14s (the latter of which haven't had parts in decades), I still think the Israeli air force would destroy the Iranian one, especially if Israel has AIM-120 AMRAAMs. If Iran has working AIM-54 Missles on their Tomcats it could be different, but I doubt their F-14s are terribly worthy. But indeed, Iran's large number of SAM sites would pose some problems for Israel, though Israel had experience with SAMs in Egypt.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by el_madmaster
I believe the Israelis have shot down hundreds of MIGs with their F-16s and F-15s while taking few losses. Even with more modernized MIGs, F-5s, and F-14s (the latter of which haven't had parts in decades), I still think the Israeli air force would destroy the Iranian one, especially if Israel has AIM-120 AMRAAMs. If Iran has working AIM-54 Missles on their Tomcats it could be different, but I doubt their F-14s are terribly worthy. But indeed, Iran's large number of SAM sites would pose some problems for Israel, though Israel had experience with SAMs in Egypt.

and when was this?
how many decades was it since Israel used its forces against a formidable air force or deffence system.
Israels air force will just swat iran like a fly.

how long has it been since they have attacked a country that can deffend its self and dont bother using Lebonen as they are weak.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   

But if Iran launch 150 missiles at Israël, Israël and the US, with the currents governments, don't care about using nukes against Iran.

Wait, the US basically paid Israel off to stand down their nuclear weapons in 91' and you think the US wouldnt have a problem nuking Iran? I dont know about that now. You basically just contradicted yourself.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
and when was this?
how many decades was it since Israel used its forces against a formidable air force or deffence system.
Israels air force will just swat iran like a fly.

how long has it been since they have attacked a country that can deffend its self and dont bother using Lebonen as they are weak.

And you do realize that Israel has the best airforce in the ME right? As a matter of fact, its one of the best in the world, they truly have some of the most gifted pilots anywhere.

Israel can contend with any equal opponent on the battlefield as I'm sure Iran can as well. But geographically, I dont see this war happening other than limitied engagements in the air maybe, and maybe Iran participating by proxy if war does break out.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Wait, the US basically paid Israel off to stand down their nuclear weapons in 91' and you think the US wouldnt have a problem nuking Iran? I dont know about that now. You basically just contradicted yourself.
That's why I said with current administration, Bush and the extremist in the Israëli government responsible for the Iranian threat. The nuclear bunker buster are not anymore ``nuclear`` and dangerous to civilians (yeah right) from the own army documents. They changed the status from ``nuclear`` to conventionnal... they are crazy.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
People you give to much credit to Israel that it depends heavily on US assistance for weapons after all.

Iran is a bigger country and more prepare for an attack.

While Israel is all but surrounded by their enemies. Or you people think that if Israel uses nukes in the middle east the rest of the nations will just sit there and let them commit genocide on one of their own?

I don't think so.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join