It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Britain In The Grip Of Madness.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Today the UK media is reporting on a story which illustrates how my country is descending into politically correct form of madness.
Heroin addict prisoners have reached an out of court settlement for the abuse of their human rights while in prison.
The "abuse" in question being the fact that they had to endure "cold turkey"while in prison.

news.bbc.co.uk
Six prisoners and former inmates forced to stop taking drugs by going "cold turkey" are to receive payments, sources at the High Court have said.
The unspecified settlement followed claims the practice amounted to assault and their human rights were breached.
The claimants had been using heroin and other opiates.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

So it is the heroin abusers who`s human rights have been breached is it?
What about the fact that they were in prison for talking a drug which is responsible for the breakdown of our society?
That they expect to be allowed to carry on using drugs in prison is beyond comprehension.

This country has gone to the dogs,when a smackhead`s rights are more important than the rest of society.
Political correctness and pandering to the needs of criminals over the needs of good citizens is wreaking havoc in our courts and prisons.

These people should never have been allowed to receive money for their crimes,as that is what this insanity amounts to.
Anyone agree with me?
Rant over,I just had to post this...

[edit on 13-11-2006 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 05:37 AM
link   
here here i agree with you, its blinking ridiculous now days how their rights? while in prison can be counted pffft, if you go to prison you should have no rights at all if you ask me, and this stuff mocks our laws and makes me laugh i think dunno what to think as its so stupid, shesh if a normal person moaned they would be laughed at but no if you are in prison they will listen and take it seriously wonder how much this cost the courts and tax payers???

[edit on 14-11-2006 by blobby]

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Thanks Blobby,Good to hear at least one person agrees-
You are right-When someone goes to prison,they are being punished by having some of their rights taken away.
Whatever next?

Prisoners suing the prisons for locking them up maybe?

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 05:45 AM
link   
It could be worse. They could let them all out and get them jobs as politicians. Oh wait, they've already done that over here...

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I agree. This country is getting more ridiculous every day. The government seems to favour the criminals rather than decent hardworking people.

[edit on 14-11-2006 by UK_05_XM29]

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I saw this yesterday and I'm shocked. I knew our country was messed up, but this?

It just confirmed to me that this country is screwed.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Most agreed my friend but i must add that most of these users are not in jail for opium use but for crimanal activity needed to fund thier dirty habit.

It's so sad, now it seems criminals have the right to cntinue comitting crimes as nothing will happen to them, and only the other day dangerous peadophiles were filmed in hostels just yards from nursery schools with what amounts to no supervision.

It fjust makes me sick, something needs to be done but thats probably not possible when it could be argued Tony Blair has commited war crimes (illegal war).
Even our leader is not whiter than white.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 06:16 AM
link   
It seems the best thing you can do my Pommy friends is vote British National Party, they will sort it all out ....

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 06:19 AM
link   
A relevant point that should be made is that the premise for this recent "class action" brought against the government was based upon the fact that the claimants were already undergoing treatment for their addiction prior to being sentenced.

After they were sent down, no provision was made for the continuation of that treatment - which ultimately was considered by the High Court as a breach of the claimants Human Rights.

My understanding is that this precedent would not apply in future to those being sent down who are not receiving prior medical help for their condition.

...now please allow me to *duck* whilst the flame war ensues

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher
It seems the best thing you can do my Pommy friends is vote British National Party, they will sort it all out ....

We would not want to replace some fools with a cazed bunch of lunatics.

Thanks for ur advice but NO THANKS!

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 06:32 AM
link   
If these reprobates had been thieving for there habit,and they were on treatment,then they obviously were not taking the treatment seriously.
So for them to go crying to the courts when treatment did not continue in prison is somewhat of a double standard.
Reaper2:
I saw that program,panorama wasn`t it?
And yes that made me FUME as well...the government spend so much money trying to convince the public that they are monitoring dangerous criminals,when in reality they do nothing of the sort.
And if one of these violent criminals broke into my house and I caught and hurt him-I would probably get locked up....

What a fantastic country I live in.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 06:36 AM
link   
The sad thing is, I can see this country getting worse to be honest. There's widespread racism and hate in the streets. Thousands are losing jobs to migrant workers and now criminals can sue because someone tried to sort them out.

There's tons more reasons, but I made my mind up years ago, as soon as I can, I'm leaving this place and never, ever coming back.

Once upon a time I thought I had an obligation to serve this country for everything it has given me, but recent events have made a mockery of that and I can't stand it any more.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Agreed Zanzibar but if your leaving this place and never coming back wher are you going to, as i've thouht about this too and found altough enland is getting worst alot of other places are already worst ??

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I'm staying here to finish my apprenticeship studies, which is in avionics. Hopefully that can get me to Canada, Spain or maybe Australia.

I know other places are pretty bad, but the state of this country is pathetic, anywhere else would be miles better.

Then again, it's only a hope, the actual process is much more difficult.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Zannzibar,
I almost agree with you-there are serious problems here and they will get worse.
But I think if you move out of Britain,you will find many of the same problems exist in most other countries.
I have thought about leaving,for the same reasons-but for now I`ll try and stick it out.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
The "abuse" in question being the fact that they had to endure "cold turkey"while in prison.

That they expect to be allowed to carry on using drugs in prison is beyond comprehension.

This country has gone to the dogs,when a smackhead`s rights are more important than the rest of society.

Okay. Point One comes across loud and clear.

Silcone Synapse doesn't like 'smackheads'

That's your privilege, but it doesn't alter the fact that heroin users are also human beings. They have the same inalienable rights as the rest of us. Among these rights is the right not to be subjected to cruel and unusual punishment by the State.

Obviously you've never watched someone go through heroin withdrawal. It's a terrifying experience. What it is like for the sufferer doesn't bear thinking about. Forcing someone to go through it involuntarily certainly constitutes cruel and unusual punishment.

Why shouldn't heroin addicts in withdrawal receive methadone in prison, when they can have it on prescription from the NHS as long as they're outside?

I abhor political correctness as much as the next free spirit. But have a little charity, for heaven's sake.

[edit on 14-11-2006 by Astyanax]

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I just heard on the radio that these addicts are claiming almost £4000.00 in compensation.

What do you think of that. ??

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by reaper2
I just heard on the radio that these addicts are claiming almost £4000.00 in compensation.

What do you think of that. ??

sounds like a lot of crack

... but then again for "£4000.00" not so sure

[edit on 14/11/2006 by antiriad]

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I say bill them 4k as moneys owed for successfully passing the detox programme.

If they are foreign born strip there citizenship and send them packing.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I heard they sued because they were meant to go cold turkey,now although i think these people as scum,although...alot of these junkies and criminals are like that through unfortunate events in there own lives...poor fools.
Anywho.... they shouldn't of gone cold turkey,they should of got the proper treatment and been properly rehabiltated.

Yeah but for the most part i agree i still find it shocking that burglers can sue if they injure themelves on your property,mental.

Personally i've though of going into politics to sort his country out....but maybe not as i think i'd be remembered as a mass murderer.....killers rapists peodophiles.
Plus i'm thick as cow s****

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join