It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are satellite radios really listening devices?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   
While listening to music on a satellite radio, I was wondering if maybe they're all built with a listening device. What a great idea because you will most likely take the radio wherever you move and you can even take with you if you have batteries for it. Maybe I'm thinking too much or maybe I'm right? What do you think?

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   
so what does everybody think?

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by greydawn

we can be pretty sure that your satellite radio receiver is at least a tracking device

as for a covert listening device...
i think we already have those in the cell phones that almost everyone carries now-a-days.

its an open secret that NSA has access to every cell-phone providers records,
& can without court order listen in with whatever screening algorithm 'Intel' wants to use-
-something coming out of HomelandSecurity-&-PatriotActs'
"find the terrorist cell procedures"

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

we can be pretty sure that your satellite radio receiver is at least a tracking device

What makes you think it is a tracking device? Any evidence of this at all? And for what purpose? Most people have sat radios that sit in their car, that's it. Why would anyone care where you are going?

It's a radio, pure and simple.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I would also say just a radio also but this is a paranoid forum so you can expect them to be everything except a radio in here.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I don't know if GPS is really a listing device although it could track you, including your speed etc...
Warning!! The ONStar type devices are listing devices. They can turn on the speaker in your car at anytime without you knowing it and basically listen in. Since the tech was new when it came out there weren't any real laws pertaining to the use of this tech. So they don't need a warrent. They can listen to you in your car. Wonder if all the rich rappers know about this when they buy the latest car with all the bells and whistles and then babble to their homies about whatever they are defrauding the IRS on?

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

as for a covert listening device...
i think we already have those in the cell phones that almost everyone carries now-a-days.

its an open secret that NSA has access to every cell-phone providers records,
& can without court order listen in with whatever screening algorithm 'Intel' wants to use-
-something coming out of HomelandSecurity-&-PatriotActs'
"find the terrorist cell procedures"

Go to any spy gadget web site and you can buy a device that will call a cell phone number, prevent the phone from ringing, and force it to answer, thereby creating a listening device.

Lesson - Turn of your cell phone when plotting and scheming

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Kind of unnecessary, isn't it? Why would the Sirius or XM companies care what people are talking about?

All new cars now come the automotive equivalent of aircraft black boxes, that record speed, acceleration, braking, etc for crash investigation. Future models will record the final 30 seconds or so of internal conversations. GPS recording devices are readily available from mass merchandisers. So why would a microphone inside a car radio be even needed?

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I should have said this before, but I am referring to a home satellite radio, not a car satellite radio, although I know some models have a detachable faceplate tha you can use in your car or at home.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I should have said this before, but I am referring to a home satellite radio, not a car satellite radio, although I know some models have a detachable faceplate tha you can use in your car or at home.

new topics

join