It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA War Failures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Just recently I was accused of using Revisionist History to flame the USA and its lack of war success since WW2. I would like to open up discussion on this subject as its very obvious to anyone outside the US that the USA has a serious weakness and that is of the voter.

Simply put, all an enemy has to do is wait for a midterm or major election to occur in the US and the voters lose the war for their country. Previously I mentioned that Korea and Vietnam were losses but some joker claimed they were a product of my revisionist historical mind that saw it that way.

Somalia was a case of hold on and the cost of having a base there and troop losses would swing the USA to eventually leave. Unfortunately all the new conflagrationist's know this and its a war of attrition that the US cant seem to win.

Afghanistan and Iraq are heading the same way with a long drawn out process souring the initial succes of "The Coalition of the Willing" and our early victories.
Dont get me wrong im on your guys side (USA) as I know full well the extent of the Muslim Growth world wide and the implications it has for surpassing the western world as a power.

No country can go head to head against the USA and the enemy combatants dont ! this is your ( our ) weakness and somehow we need to rectify this or we are going to go down in history as a 60 year period of domination that fell to low tech patience and an idea that cant be fought on the battlefield.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
Just recently I was accused of using Revisionist History to flame the USA and its lack of war success since WW2. I would like to open up discussion on this subject as its very obvious to anyone outside the US that the USA has a serious weakness and that is of the voter.

Actually I think the voter is one of our greatest strengths.

Simply put, all an enemy has to do is wait for a midterm or major election to occur in the US and the voters lose the war for their country. Previously I mentioned that Korea and Vietnam were losses but some joker claimed they were a product of my revisionist historical mind that saw it that way.

That would depend on how well the public perceived the war. Korea could be desribed as a strategic draw but a tactical victory for the US. The US public saw the war as a fight against international communism and worth the sacrifices and losses suffured. Vietnam was initially perceived in the same manner until the Tet offensive and while yes being militarily a major US victory it was however a major setback in the eyes of the US public because up till that point our government had been telling us the commies were almost beaten in Vietnam.

Somalia was a case of hold on and the cost of having a base there and troop losses would swing the USA to eventually leave. Unfortunately all the new conflagrationist's know this and its a war of attrition that the US cant seem to win.

Somalia was initially a peacekeeping effort aimed at enabling the international community to eleviate the famine in the country but developed into a nation building exercise that was poorly thought out. And not a very necessary action in the eyes of the American public.

Afghanistan and Iraq are heading the same way with a long drawn out process souring the initial succes of "The Coalition of the Willing" and our early victories.
Dont get me wrong im on your guys side (USA) as I know full well the extent of the Muslim Growth world wide and the implications it has for surpassing the western world as a power.

Can't disagree there. But on that point I believe the problem is the opinion of the rest of the world. The main reason the US and UK are having the difficulties they are is that the rest of the international community didn't see the war in Iraq or even Afghanistan as the beginnings of a stuggle on par with the struggle against communsim in the 20th century.

new topics

join