It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Want The World To End?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I was wondering, why do almost all religions have the concept that the world is going to end one day?

What would be the desire for wanting the world to end?

Do you want the world to end?

How do you think it will wnd?

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I do not wan't the world to end.

I do not believe in a divine rapture.

I believe the world will end when we have raped it completely of its resources, war over what little is left and blow it into sterilization.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I just want the world to live long enough for my children to become old and successful.

So no, I don't want the world to end just yet but i'm sure one day it will have to.
Crisis

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
I was wondering, why do almost all religions have the concept that the world is going to end one day?

I believe with all my being that all religions that talk about "the end" are describing the same events.

i also believe with all my being we are not talking about the end of mankind or of the planet earth, but instead just a more profound understanding of reality. when discussing the end of the world, we are merely discussing the passing of our current understanding and the birth of a more educated humanity.

either that or every messenger from god was a liar when they said:
"be not afraid".

and no religions would exist, including the bible, without said messengers from any "gods" worshipped on this planet.

so, either the angels and messengers are wrong, as well as religions . . .

or they are right, and like they said:
BE NOT AFRAID

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I personally hope that the world will last long enough so i can live to be an old man and have kids.

But with the way things are looking now, it seem like we are gonna cause our own extinction, with the threat of global warming and eventually running out of resources and food. Then there is always the threat of blowing ourselves up with nukes.

Even though i don't want the world to end, i believe that God has appointed it to happen.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   
My dad always says that people have been worrying about the end of the world from the beginning of time.
He seems confident it will not happen just yet.
Myself,although I agree with him in part,I also recognise that never in history have we had the tools to destroy our world-until the advent of nuclear bombs.
Today,we live in a world where "the end" is more possible than ever.
As well as the nuclear issue,we have GM technology,race specific bio weapons,research into anti matter weapons,and the whole pollution of the atmoshere issue.
Add to that mix the mushrooming population of our species,and our present seems to be more at risk of "the end" than in days gone by.
Personally,I think water may be the deciding factor in the downfall of human civilisation(if you can call humans civilised)-there is not enough fresh water for the ever increasing population.In time,this could easily lead to the mother of all world wars.
Heres hoping it doesn`t happen until we have sussed out interstellar travel!

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   
www.belowtopsecret.com...

Nobody actually wants the world to end so we have to fight for change.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
How is "killing the greys" gonna save the world?

Are they not quite tricky to locate?

Why not fight against nuke proliferation,or poverty?
That may have more of an impact i think.
Just an idea...

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConstantlyWondering
www.belowtopsecret.com...

Nobody actually wants the world to end so we have to fight for change.

You are going to kill an alien species? Whether or not they exist...you are putting forth the notion that we must kill them.

Yea, that sounds like an awsome idea... :shk:

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Seems to me that the "kill the grays" idea could very well bring about the end of our world.
Not a good idea to attack a species who may have weaponry beyond our wildest dreams.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I think we'll all cook, if we haven't been drowned or killed by 'acts of god'...

I don't want this to happen but a tiny part of me can't wait to see all these idiots killing our enviroment finally being killed by the enviroment. The sad thing is that the people causing the devastation will probably be the ones to survive it.

I think it'd take the total obliteration of our planet to kill off all people, as I can't see much else killing us as a species now that we can create our own enviroments, if only for very few people, such as submarines etc.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
The world and universe are not going to end.

And I don't want them to end.

What is going to end, when Christ returns, is the way the world is run and the sin it's full of.

Someone said they want to have kids and get old. You realize with children comes danger. Many children are reported missing only to be found dead later and some never found. Some are abused and raped. Over the weekend I heard of 2 babies on the news, who were 10 weeks old or younger. Both had been severly beaten, one died.

When Jesus Christ returns, things like thatwill never happen again.

I cannot understand why many people do not want Him to return, so that righteousness, peace and safety can become the norm.

It just doesn't make sense.

Why wouldn't you want Him to return?

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
byhiniur,
Imagine they day,10 000 years after the nuclear war which wiped out (most)of mankind...
The "Elite" and their forces crack the seal on there interconnected DUMB network.
They move to the surface in a synchronized manner...where they are assaulted by a new generation of giant meta insects,who have mutated and evolved in a strange way.
Some of these unholy organisms are the result of experiments and technologies "liberated"from their laboratory prisons during the nuclear war-Set free to evolve in a world without man,yet poisoned by him,driven by the hatred for their creators,evolving into twisted demonic creatures hell bent on revenge.
Ah,I can`t be bothered.Lets hope it does not happen like that.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
I cannot understand why many people do not want Him to return, so that righteousness, peace and safety can become the norm.

It just doesn't make sense.

Why wouldn't you want Him to return?

It makes sense to me. Not everyone believes in the same god, savior and end-of-days.

I do not want the world to end as it is so beautiful...I would not mind the human species as it is today being wiped back to a more primative time where we were not raping the earth acres at a time.

Oh well, we all can dream cant we.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I go on for a bit here, so if you want the short version skip to the last sentence.

I want the world as we know it to end. I don't want everything to die and get blown up, but I'm sick and tired of what's going on. I can't stand the fact that people don't realize how powerful we are when we work together. People say they care, but nobody is willing to do anything. I know that there are many people that either don't know what's going on in the world, or don't care. Just because it doesn't affect them, just because they don't have to see it.

Anything that affects humans in such extreme ways as genocide and oppression affect me, and I don't have to deal with it. If we would all get together as people, quit working and tell the governments of the world how things are going to be run from now on, it would work. They are nothing when we work together, they are not supposed to have power over us, we are meant to be in control of them!

Of course people won't do this, and it would be difficult to orchestrate such a large scale and coordinated plan, but if it could be done it would work. Think about how many people out there are working 9-5 jobs or longer. While yes they are making a living for themselves, the people higher up the chain are getting richer and richer. Money is evil, but you can't get anything without it can you?

Change will come, we will not sit idly for much longer. We are fed up with the "elite" of the world. People are waking up everyday to what is going on right in front of them and all around them. Better days are ahead of us, new ways of thinking.

Esoteric is completely right when he says be not afraid. Fear will enslave you, it will oppress. Love is the way to freedom, and new times.

So in short, I do want the world to end in a sense.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   
What is the problem with us humans? look at how pathetic we are, we live in fear of blowing ourselves up with nuclear weapons. What reasoning creature would even want to create such a terrible weapon. oh, i forgot, the human would.

Sometimes it seems like us humans are no better than the animals. we can't even get along with each other. sometimes i think the animals are even better, at least when they kill, there is a purpose behind it. When humans kill there is no purpose to it.

we have to live in fear of people wanting to do us harm ect. When are we truly gonna start acting like spirit beings.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   

What is the problem with us humans? look at how pathetic we are, we live in fear of blowing ourselves up with nuclear weapons. What reasoning creature would even want to create such a terrible weapon. oh, i forgot, the human would.

Sometimes it seems like us humans are no better than the animals. we can't even get along with each other. sometimes i think the animals are even better, at least when they kill, there is a purpose behind it. When humans kill there is no purpose to it.

we have to live in fear of people wanting to do us harm ect. When are we truly gonna start acting like spirit beings.

The answer here seems to be that we are acting exactly how we are supposed to: like the animals we are.

We are human beings...just another violent and territorial species. The only difference here is that we have bigger claws.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   
either way you look at it, you have to admit sometimes the human race acts the most despicable out of all the animals

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   
We are not going to die anytime soon. Unless you are destined to get shipped to iraq or get hit by a car then your chances are slim that the world is going to end. So go on :w: all you can play as much
games as you can eat

The end of the world has been "predicted" since the beginning of time. Life is better if you sit and not worry about the end. Just worry about the moment you are in.

Live in the moment and that moment will be forever.
Or untill I
you. Or hit you with a chair

Or smother you with my

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   

either way you look at it, you have to admit sometimes the human race acts the most despicable out of all the animals

Sure thing. Then again I am also all for the removal of the human species. We have been given a perfectly nice planet by cosmic chance and we are determined to foul it up.

But then again, we act just as despicable as any other species. We kill and fight and take what is 'ours'. Like I said, the only difference is that we have bigger claws.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join