It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Problems With HD (High Definition)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
This isn't really about computers, but this is the best place for this question in my opinion. I received a Viewsonic n2750w for graduation, it's a High Def ready LCD TV/Computer monitor etc. It supports resolutions of 420P, 720P, and 1080i, but when I tried to play an Xbox (original) game in 720p (yes the game is capable of that) the screen would get all kinds of messed up, with white lines across the bottom and about seven miniature pictures of what was supposed to be displayed across the whole screen. Yes I have component cables, and they are hooked into Ypbpr, and the game plays fine in 420p. I've searched the net for hours on end, even trying to troubleshoot this at the viewsonic website.

What I would like to know is, is there a problem with my TV, with the Xbox, or do I just have cheap component cables?

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 05:11 AM
link   
You have to use the component inputs on the middle of the viewsonic which face downward. You can't use the ones that are on the side of the TV because they are not HDTV compatible.

[edit on 2006-11-13 by zer69]

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by zer69
You have to use the component inputs on the middle of the viewsonic which face downward. You can't use the ones that are on the side of the TV because they are not HDTV compatible.

[edit on 2006-11-13 by zer69]

I do have them hooked up there. In the back next to the VGA and DVI hookups. It will still play in 720P and the TV will display 720p in the corner when the game first comes on (the picture is just terribly distorted), so I was thinking maybe it was the cables. But this is my first HD anything, so I wouldn't know if their even is different quality of cables.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I have had a few problems just recent after months of ok HD where my cable has come a little loose from the xbox.

I would suggest however if there is a constant problem with the 720 output on that TV then it could be a TV problem. Do you know a friend with another HDTV to try the component connection on, or is it possible you can take your xbox to a local shop with a similar TV so you can check where the problem is?

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strodyn
I have had a few problems just recent after months of ok HD where my cable has come a little loose from the xbox.

I would suggest however if there is a constant problem with the 720 output on that TV then it could be a TV problem. Do you know a friend with another HDTV to try the component connection on, or is it possible you can take your xbox to a local shop with a similar TV so you can check where the problem is?

I don't have any friends with HDTV, and I also don't know of any shops around my area with one that would let me use it. The cables I have now are universal for Xbox and PS2, so i think that might be the problem as well. I've looked all around town but can't find any Component cables for Xbox. I'm going to try and find some though and see if that fixes the problem.

Thanks for the input, and take care.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I have several questions:

Do you have M$'s Direct x 9C?
www.softwarepatch.com...

Do you have the latest driver for your video card?
Nvidia:downloads.guru3d.com...
ATI:downloads.guru3d.com...

What is the native resolution of your monitor?
Does your videocard support this???

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
It wasn't with my computer, it was with my gaming consoles, but i couldn't see another place more fit to ask this question.

I have figured out what the problem was now, it was the cables, because a few days ago i played an Xbox 360 on my tv in 720P and 1080i just fine.

Thank you all for your input!

new topics

top topics

join