It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oprah Winfrey: Parading & Self Indulgent?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Frankly, I don't give a hoot about Oprah, but I don't think anyone has the right to be telling her what to do with her money.

She's earned her fame and her money. It's hers. The rest of us really have no say so except as we support her by purchasing her products or watching her shows.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   

i]Originally posted by Unrealised
I think she gives way less than she gets.

So what? If she earns it she has a right to keep it. And if she gives 'way less' than she gets ... that still means that she gives .. which is more than a lot of people do.

Originally posted by HarlemHottie
My question for you is: why did you include "ho" in your title? Have you heard that she is sexually promiscuous? Or prostituting herself for money?

Hey there HH. This isn't directed at me, but I want to chime in. Okay?

Lots of times when people are selling themselves in the media or in politics we call them whores. I can understand why he ment 'whore'. People in entertainment and politics cross the line into whoring themselves to the public for money a lot. Not sure about why he used the street term since she's so rich. But that's for the author to answer and not me.

I don't like Oprah. I have seen a few shows but generally dont' watch her. I think she does a TON of good things with her money. But I also have heard that she's a real pain in the backend to work for. Shes ruthless on her staff and she makes them all sign papers saying they won't talk about what goes on behind the camera. I understand her doing that, but at the same time those people can't discuss her being a complete witch to them or else they face jail.

I also think she's full of herself and she kind of dictates her own verseion of spirituality. The few shows I've seen has reeked of it. Folks seem to like it though. She's got a huge audience and tons of $$$ flowing in.

She's just not my cup of tea. None of the talk shows are.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I have more respect for her since she did the shows on thirty days on minimum wage. In addition to using her platform to catch pedophiles and expose slavery in America.

I had to laugh at those two white kids trying to make it on minimum wage and going to the hospital for a discomfort.

It gave me pause when she said her greatest pleasure was buying property. It pales in comparison to the spiritual high from giving hope to the hopeless.

Ever since she was brought to court over the mad cow in beef debacle, she has toned it down and sold,sold, sold - that American dream.

A very small percentage of people will ever get rich in America. Now the middle class is dwindling.

Bed bugs are a biological indicator of the economic disparity, there is a massive explosion in the bed bug population.

[edit on 26-11-2006 by clearwater]

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Bedbugs!!! Egads

www.stmichaelshospital.com...

This problem was almost unheard of for awhile, now the homeless don't want to go into shelters because they get eaten alive.

Oprah????

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I don't care who we're talking about - The title you've chosen for your thread is completely unacceptable.

I'm going to edit it and you can try to follow a more "BTS-relaxed" version of the following:

ATS Terms and Conditions

1b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content.

etc, etc....

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

Capiche?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join