It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember Remember the 6th of November

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
YOU SHOULD BE SAYING _ A COP SPRAYED A FIVE YEAR OLD WITH PEPPER SPRAY_ I am shure that the parent on this site did take precautions so that his daughter would be safe. The Cops are suppose to take his daughter not spray her, lucky she isn't blind

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Yeah, well I wouldn't now. But then, just like a few hundred other parents who had their children with them, I was under the impression that we had the right to "peacefully protest without fear of reprisal". Now that I know this right doesn't exist, I would not consider bringing anyone to a "peaceful protest" who isn't in the mood to be beaten, pepper sprayed, and pelted with rubber bullets and pepper balls.

I suppose I should apologize for my ignorance back then in thinking that we, the people of the United States of America had a constitutional right to think differently than our leaders. And FYI, my daughter wasn't the youngest to be deliberately targeted by those who took an oath to "protect and serve".

It's just too bad I didn't realize how things really worked as early as my daughter has.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott...since anyone who has a legitimate grievance with the government can protest peacefully without fear of reprisal...

Hmm, In '02 in Portland I felt the same way until I took a club to the face and watched my 5 year old daughter (at the time) take a blast of pepper spray directly (and intentionally) to the face. "Shut dad up by macing his little girl". Yeah, democracy hard at work.

What the hell ...

honestly.. wow.

Of all the crap I have heard... of all of it... out of all the stories posted on this site .. any site.

That is the most disgusting.

No, not because you took a club to the face.. I am a firm believer, act like an ass get treated like an ass, but that you brought your daughter .. your FIVE YEAR OLD DAUGHTER to a "protest" (apparently a riot) Trying to skip the ABC's and go straight to public disobedience?

It takes a little bit to understand where to draw the line in your own actions, you .. as an adult and as a parent need to know that. Will you have be believe you where standing in a circle singing peaceful chants and holding hands, and the police for absolutely no reason at all decided to attack you, knowing full well they would most likely be taped? .. Right. Civil disobedience is not allowed in any society, even the most free.

What is wrong with our country? ... People like that.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Im speachless.. why.. why would you bring a child to a protest. I call that child endangerment and you should be arrested for it. Im on both sides of the fence but im more disgusted at you! First thing that came to mind was police brutality and second was what in the hell where you thinking? Where you thinking???? Im sorry she got hurt but its your fault!

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmangunradioIm sorry she got hurt but its your fault!

Actually, it's the police's fault for pepper-spraying her...

I'm surprised that all of you jump on the chance to harass this poster without knowing any details about what happened. Like a pack of animals or something...why don't you ask him what happened first before jumping to conclusions...especially Rockpuck.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Im curious as to why he put his daughter in harms way? Protests can get out of hand. Im curious as to what the protest was about but im ******* that he got his little girl involved.

I've seen protests get out of hand. Im sorry she got pepper sprayed but im still pointing my finger at the person who got her in that situation in the first place. Honestly this may sound harsh but its like using a human shield. I doubt that girl had any idea what was going on and I hope that police officer gets nailed for what he did.

[edit on 14-11-2006 by madmangunradio]

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Civil disobedience? Child Endangerment? Gimme a f*cking break. Have any of you nuthuggers ever even been to a protest? Do you have a f*cking clue as to what happened in Portland on August 22, 2002? Were any of you there? It was a f*cking peace rally. No laws were broken, and the only thing that got out of hand was the "peace officers".

I'm of the mind that none of you who wish me to be charged with child endangerment have ever even seen a protest or rally on TV let alone been to one.

Who the f*ck are any of you to question my character anyway. You f*cking web-warriors preach and preach and preach from the safety of your keyboard. Have any of you ever taken any action on any of the issues you demonize?

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Civil disobedience? Child Endangerment? Gimme a f*cking break. Have any of you nuthuggers ever even been to a protest? Do you have a f*cking clue as to what happened in Portland on August 22, 2002? Were any of you there? It was a f*cking peace rally. No laws were broken, and the only thing that got out of hand was the "peace officers".

I'm of the mind that none of you who wish me to be charged with child endangerment have ever even seen a protest or rally on TV let alone been to one.

Who the f*ck are any of you to question my character anyway. You f*cking web-warriors preach and preach and preach from the safety of your keyboard. Have any of you ever taken any action on any of the issues you demonize?

^^^

I honestly dont know what happend in Portland on August 22,2002. I was hopeing you'd tell us. Regardless. You took a 5 year old kid to that event. Why? BTW.. Im not questioning your character. Just the fact that you brought a 5 year old kid to a protest. Im no rocket scientists but things can get out of hand and good people get hurt at alot of protests. Am I wrong?

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
For those of you unaware, here is a video compiled from the police's own footage. Pretty much tells the whole story.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
The above shows a video that starts out with a swastica.. i'll leave it at that!

[edit on 14-11-2006 by madmangunradio]

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Oh watch the freakin' video you tool. Or hell, if you'd rather not see it through the eyes of the cops themselves google the incident. Our country is going to hell because too many people 'leave it at that'.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
hmm.. I did watch it. I wouldnt be gripeing about the swastika hitlerish start to the video if I didnt. I'll roll with your punch. I didnt like what I saw in that video one bit.. It disgusted me.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
portland.indymedia.org...

Did you have a permit to protest? This site, which is in your favor does not say whether or not you did. Regardless, be responsible and leave children at home when you decide to go out and protest. Also there was no report of anyone being hit with a club. Did you have your child in that crowd??

To many hippies in Oregon.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   
YOU KNOW NOBODY HAS THE RIGHT TO PROTEST IF BUSH SAYS YOU DON'T. WE ARE IN A POLICE STATE< WE ARE NOT BECOMING ONE.

[edit on 14-11-2006 by Brand403]

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Some of you say that wearing a mask of a "terrorist" is counterproductive. What if he had worn a mask of George Washington? Would that have made you feel any different?

ter·ror·ism
n.
The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Pardon me for taking political advice from Kid Rock, but there is a path to be followed of sorts.

If it's packaged right, you'll see it. If it's marketed right, you'll buy it. If it's real, you'll feel it.

I think V is just doing what he can to package his views on the security of freedom of expression in the information age. Whether or not anyone's gonna feel it is another matter, but I don't hold it against him that he tries to make his point clear.

Every political movement has its publicity stunts.

On 9/11, someone (I think Bill Handel on KFI AM 640) asked his listeners to turn on their headlights while driving that morning as a means of making visible their solidarity with New Yorkers and their desire for justice.

Any march is essentially a symbollic act. When an "army" of protesters symbolically marches on the capital of a nation, that's not an argument, it's a billboard. It says "um, beg your pardon but you should really listen to this, because, hey, what are the odds that every one of these protesters is a moron?"

But for some causes a mere show of numbers isn't a great billboard, especially if you dont have the resources to get them all to one place at one time. Even when the immigration people go their masses into the streets, they used relevant props- flags.

Well a flag says a little less about this particular issue, and the 1st amendment, while highly recognizable, is a little wordy for a touchstone, so masks it is.

V for Vendetta? Over the top, I suppose, but I don't begrudge their the right to use a symbol, which is what I believe it is; I'm confident it has nothing to do with the actual necessity of hiding their identity.

Besides, I just pretend that it's V for Vagabond and then I'm less inclined to dislike them- afterall, they are my masked masses.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541
Yeah, well I wouldn't now. But then, just like a few hundred other parents who had their children with them, I was under the impression that we had the right to "peacefully protest without fear of reprisal". Now that I know this right doesn't exist, I would not consider bringing anyone to a "peaceful protest" who isn't in the mood to be beaten, pepper sprayed, and pelted with rubber bullets and pepper balls.

I suppose I should apologize for my ignorance back then in thinking that we, the people of the United States of America had a constitutional right to think differently than our leaders. And FYI, my daughter wasn't the youngest to be deliberately targeted by those who took an oath to "protect and serve".

It's just too bad I didn't realize how things really worked as early as my daughter has.

I remember when protests were legal. The violence with which they're repelled seems to rest largely on what's being protested. I'm quite convinced the black anarchists at free trade negotiations are paid stoolies inserted to justify the violence used against old ladies and children.
Or half of them are now anyway.

One man's police state is another man's Eden.

Interesting spot about the V masked protestor.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by madmangunradio
Im curious as to why he put his daughter in harms way? Protests can get out of hand. Im curious as to what the protest was about but im ******* that he got his little girl involved.

Why shouldn't he be allowed to bring anyone he likes to the protest with him. It's a Constitutionally-given right for us to PEACEABLY assemble to protest. If it gets out of hand, then it's not covered, and people should be arrested. If the People at the protest can maintain their composure long enough to get the job done, then they'll have succeeded. Otherwise, as in this case, trouble happens. As soon as that started though, I'd leave and go home, since there's no more of a use for my presence there.

Just my take.

TheBorg

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join