It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something in my room..

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
So it all began several nights ago, i havent really done anything alien related for a few days, no movies or anything of the like, anyways, i lie down to sleep, and before im completely asleep in a trance-like state i hear the words "take control of me" in my head, as i heard these words a VERY intense white light flashed to the point i saw my legs in feet under the covers as clearly as i see what i type now, (the flash probably lasted .3 of a second) after that i took off my covers and saw.. something, i couldnt make it out very well, but it was difinitly living as it moved, and it kind of reminded me oddly enough of a hockey stick.. it jerked what i assume to be the head in my direction, and i pulled the covers over my head, and started chanting, "please leave me alone" for like 4-5mns and than apparently i fell asleep because i dont remember anything past that point. Since that night i have been pretty scared of the dark and feeling like im being watched, which are very odd feelings to me, i once devoted my life to getting rid of all fear that may arise, and fear of the dark was one of things i did, i would stand in a completely dark room for hours at a time until it no longer bothered me, and i have only felt i was being watched once or twice before in my life, and i turned out to be right, in some sense. Anyways i was curious what you guys thought, id prefer to here positive/reassuring responses, as i am kind of scared at this point, and the mere act of being scares is really what scares me, as i havent been scared for some time now.. Thanks for your time.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I cant sleep in the dark. I havent for 30 years, and i never will again if i can help it. I dont care who's in the room with me or not. There's always a light on.

You may have to resort to a small night light for now until you can get over this. You may have been sleeping....only you can be the judge of that, i guess. I dont know what to tell you except get a little light for comfort.

Good luck.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I feel for you on this one. Being scared at night is an awful thing to experience.

One thing that worked for me when it came to fear was to find a way for my brain to accept death as an option and to be OKay with it. That sounds extreme, but actually it freed me from worry and fear for my life. I really came to trust in the process of life to the point that if death was my destiny at the time, I could deal with it.

The other thing.............

When exploring the meaning of heavy emphasis of Lilith in my birth chart I mentioned to the astrologer that I thought Lilith ate children in their sleep. She replied that she would eat children if it was necessary. At the end of the evening as I was leaving she told me that by embracing Lilith in myself and becoming familiar with my own demons they would be used to protect me from the "other" demons.

I hope these ideas may help you find the right mental energies to allow you to overcome your fear and sleep peacefully again. Always remember the White Light for protection and burning sage, also.

Love and Light

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
I feel for you on this one. Being scared at night is an awful thing to experience.

I know how to cure this for you. You need a big strong man to tuck you in at night. He would be like a guard dog, to keep all scary things away. I highly recomend a fireman.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Lucky thing i got my boots on, Lonegunman.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Lucky thing i got my boots on, Lonegunman.

Getting a little deep dg? heheh

Thats why my boots are leak-proof!

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Thanks for your responses, The knowledge that death is eminent, that i cannot control when/where/how it happens has always made me feel safe, to a certain extent, i actually used to be very into the carlos castaneda books, which is where i learned of using death as a propelling force.. anyways i have decided to sit in the darkness again until either my fear is gone or something else happens. wish me luck! ill post back tommorow morning (hopefully, lol!) Sweet dreams!

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by klawsraught
...used to be very into the carlos castaneda books, which is where i learned of using death as a propelling force.. anyways i have decided to sit in the darkness again until either my fear is gone or something else happens. wish me luck! ...

Just dont use the substances Don Juan had Carlos do and you will be ok. Good luck, and remember when facing fear not to use any magic cactus. You will be ok unless you wake up with a crop circle type haircut!

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by klawsraught
Thanks for your responses, The knowledge that death is eminent, that i cannot control when/where/how it happens has always made me feel safe, to a certain extent, i actually used to be very into the carlos castaneda books, which is where i learned of using death as a propelling force.. anyways i have decided to sit in the darkness again until either my fear is gone or something else happens. wish me luck! ill post back tommorow morning (hopefully, lol!) Sweet dreams!

GOOD on YOU klawsraught for facing thsi fear with logic and courage. REMEMBER THIS "Courage is NOT the absence of fear, it IS doing what needs to be done inspite of the fear.

Actually the absence of fear is stupidity IMHO...

Springer...

[edit on 11-13-2006 by Springer]

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 03:57 AM
link   
if u want to confront a fear i suggest you get really hyporactive before hand so taht you feel really confident in your self and then go and confront ur fears.
trust me it is the best way to face your fears and if you wnat to release lots of stress get really hypo (either by eating lost of sugar, listening to loud music or pwning nubs on CS) and then go and break something, then try and calm down really quick. this releases leaps of anger and is also really fun!

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
[. REMEMBER THIS "Courage is NOT the absence of fear, it IS doing what needs to be done inspite of the fear.

That used to be my signiture, I understaood it as "Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."

You are close enough though, I just happen to have it framed in my office with my fire departments maltese cross above it. It helps me remember to not be foolish when facing bad situations.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Well i sat up in the darkness for a good 2-3 hours.. my fear never left me thou, and i had to goto sleep so that i could wake up for work.. luckily it gets dark at 5pm here, so i will just have to start than, only thing worth reporting was this very odd sound in my ear.. im not even sure it was a sound.. but i detected it with my ear.. thanks for your support, if anything interesting happens i shall post yet again!

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Klawsraught, I just want to thank you for listening to the reasonable responses in this thread. I'm particularly impressed that after no one suggested it's an abduction experience that you didn't push towards that angle.

To try and help though:

Are you more stressed than usual at the moment? Are you on any kind of medication for the flu or something like that? Has your sense of safety been compromised perhaps by excessive bills, or worrying how you will cope with the added expenditure of Christmas/The Holidays.

I would be inclined to say that if you conquered your fear of the dark before then it remains conquered. However, other worries (because everyone in life has them) is enhancing or generating a fear response.

That said, if you're female I've got to say that being afraid of the dark a little is really cute and you're going to draw out the masculine/protective side of a man (Just look at LoneGunMan's response), which I imagine would be very pleasant from a female perspective!

If you're male, kill that fear with logic (it's what we do!). Get a webcam or cheap means of recording your room and record it all night then review the material the next day. If there really was a bright light in your room that allowed you to see through your sheets then such a device could capture it and then you've got something to worry about. Otherwise this will allow you to prove to yourself that the experience is being caused by some kind of sleep (or pre-sleep) dream state.

Pokey Oats

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
between asleep and awake is a zone where you can have very vivide flash like altered reality experiences. I am not sure if this are just hallucination or is there is more about it but it's different to astral travel and lucid dreaming.
I dont ' have it often but I know such experiences since a year, maybe two, mostly in the morning where I have the real impression to be clearly awake and then see for a fraction of a second up to 3 seconds in max things or mostly only one thing in my room altered. It's that real that almost the only way to figure it out it's an altered reality and not the normal one is by identify that something is simple very unprobabily and check again. One time I even had to check twice because it switched from one wrong reality to another.
Usually this are simple thing's that are altered. My alarm clock as an example, but sometimes there are 'beeings' integrated and this can be a pretty shocking second because I am not able to see it as an altered reality before the impossible (a beeing rushing into my room *) happen.

I think you mabye made a simulare experience here. If so you will get used to it and able to identify it as such.

*) note for the readers of my bad dream experience in the alien comm thread.
I don't speak of my bad dream here (page 30). I had such an altered reality flash experience 1 day later. An extremly agressive one. Like someone or something really wanted to scare me to death. I didn't share it because it would have looked like I am telling you stories I made up. Which is not the case. Luckly it was not my first altered reality experience with a beeing and so it was not that successful except of course that I really reconsidered continueing in AA's exercise once more. The adverse effects start to take overhand and the by AA promised success is equal zero.

[edit on 13-11-2006 by g210b]

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Dont feel bad Klaw,,,Im 36 and sleep with the closet light on. Besides...who says you have to sleep in the dark anyways..society? As for the fear, I have been there before. Sometimes its hard to tell if the fear creates the experience you had or the experience is what caused the fear.

I wish you well...you will get through it

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Check out Hypnogognic hallucinations. They can be terrifying and happen pretty similar to what you saw.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
For those of you who sleep with the light on...........

I may be wrong, but I understand that there are things that happen in the brain (melatonin production, I believe) that can only take place in the dark.

Melatonin has to do with the Pineal Gland functions. I frequently sleep with a lamp on, but honestly I feel more rested when I sleep in the dark.

But, we gotta do what we gotta do.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   

For those of you who sleep with the light on...........

I may be wrong, but I understand that there are things that happen in the brain (melatonin production, I believe) that can only take place in the dark.

Melatonin has to do with the Pineal Gland functions. I frequently sleep with a lamp on, but honestly I feel more rested when I sleep in the dark.

But, we gotta do what we gotta do.

I did not know that...I will definately give it a try. I use to do it because of fear then it progressed to I want to be able to see if I wake up and go to the rest room. I can see where it would mess with the natural internal clock.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I'd say you're right

www.nichd.nih.gov...

In the current paper, Dr. Klein and his group showed that light stops the enzyme from making melatonin by switching off neural stimulation of the pineal gland--which manufactures melatonin. This triggers a set of processes which results in the enzyme being destroyed. Destruction involves the funneling of the enzyme into a barrel-shaped cellular structure known as a proteasome, which breaks the enzyme apart.

...Dr. Klein said that recognizing the role of the AA-NAT and the proteasome may lead to the eventual design of drugs that can switch melatonin off and could conceivably increase alertness. Perhaps such a drug could be given during the hours when a person needed to remain awake and melatonin could be given when the person needed to sleep.

Pokey Oats

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
i was only just able to sleep comfortably in the dark a few years ago, if i hear the slightest bump or bang the lights go straight on for the rest of the night. i still dont like the dark and probably never will. i think in a way everyone shows some fear toward the dark some more than others.
That must have been scary having that heppen to you if that was me id never sleep in the bed or room again

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join