It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did I almost have an OOBE?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I want people who had OOBEs to tell me about how it feels like when it happens, when the soul leaves the body. Because I feelt like this was happening to me while I was having some kind of sleep paralysis today.
And is it normal that OOBEs might occur during sleep paralysis?

What I experienced was that I was beeing dragged out of my body, inside a tunnel going from grey color to pitch black and then I felt very alone and scared and I felt like I was loosing connection with my body. But I was too scared so I forced myself back to just having sleep paralysis. And then it happend again, but I forced myself out of it again, and finally got of of the paralysis thingy too and run out of the room.

Thanks for any answer!

And btw I have to notify that I in my dream before any of this happened I felt like being a spirit, and I remember thinking let's go out...
I also think I was talking with other spirits in my dream, I remember very little of it but I got explained that "the family is like a place you could visit"

[edit on 2006/11/12 by TrappedSoul]

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Trapped Soul,

Yes it would seem that you experienced a partial (possibly caught in transition) OOBE.

The conscious awareness of detaching from the body is one characteristic. The sleep paralysis is a common but not necessary "symptom" - this is reflective of your consciousness detaching from your etheric/physical body matrix.

The loneliness and scaredness may reflect your personality/egoic fears that the body IS the self. Your brief disconnect from the body has demonstrated that you can exist apart from your body - you just need to convince the ego that this is so.....

The other "spirits" that you were aware of need to be explored further.....their presence was positive, negative or neutral? As a basic guideline OOBE should not be coerced by entities against your will. However your personality needs to be comfortable with the experience.

I myself have had some dozen OOBEs. Half have been spontaneous and the other half consciously induced. The more experienced you are the more you can enjoy the experience rather than freaking out.....

Can I suggest reading:

"The Art and Practice of Astral Projection" by Ophiel

ISBN 0-87728-246-3

This covers several different approaches to consciously inducing OOBEs and some enlightening descriptions of non-physical realities. It is an older text but without the glamour of most of the recent OOBE books.

Plant-based induction could be discussed via U2U.......

Travel well........

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Fantastic isn't it?
You may feel a little bit afraid when you leave the body, I feel the same way your did everytime I, involuntarely, leave my body.
It's awesome, specially when you return, wake up and realize that you HAD the experience!

Congratulations mate, you did it! ^^

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Sounds possible indeed, I'll give you a brief description of an OOBE i had when i was younger.

I must have been around 11-12 and was sitting alone in a room at about 6.00am before school one morning. I specifically remember the time and the details because i had woken up extra early that morning to play Civilisation before school
. Anyway i was sitting playing the computer and i must have been playing for around 30minutes and managed to put myself into a trance as the next conscious thing i remember is looking down from just above the ceiling in the room at myself sitting at my computer! As i realised what i was looking at i felt like i could see some kind of translucent umbilical chord coming from my body to where i was floating above the room, the second i had registered this information i was instantly back inside my body and i remember saying "whoa!" out loud. This has been like a flashbulb memory for me since it happened and ive always been able to remember this quite clearly and the interesting thing i.m.o is that because i was so young i couldnt have imagined an oobe because i didnt know what one was until a few years later when i read something about it on the internet.

Hope this helps your experience
Regards, Dominic

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Thanks for the great answers, I hope this happens again then and then I just let it happen!

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
TrappedSoul,
My experience happened during the daytime. I was sitting up in a chair being chewed out by my boss about something one of my coworkers did. I had enough of this idiot and just shut down all my senses. It’s easy to do. Just let your mind take over. Tell yourself not to let any outside interference in. Pay attention to nothing around you. Concentrate on being alone. Once I was in this state I felt my inner being leave my body. I lifted up over my physical body still sitting in the chair. I went around the room and out the window and back in again. Who know how long it lasted, maybe several minutes. I then returned to my body. Still sitting there in the chair, but something was different. I didn’t hear my boss yelling at me anymore. He was just sitting there with a dumb look on his face. I asked him what was wrong and he looked up and said that he was sorry for yelling at me and if there was anything I needed just to ask. I suspect he either saw an image of my inner being floating around or felt that I was free from my body. Anyway he knew something happened. My boss never talked to me again and left the company a couple of weeks later. I got his job. Most people talk about experiencing OBE when they are in bed about ready to drift off to sleep. I have never tied this method or have I ever experienced OBE when in bed. If you really try I bet you can have an OBE while you are wide awake. Find a place in your house away from everyone let yourself relax and shut down your senses. Think of you being above your body, Once this happens and you are looking down at yourself think about going somewhere else in the house. If you can do it it’s the most fantastic feeling you’ll ever have. Remember. most people use less than 10% of the brain capacity, that leaves 90% available to do this type of mind exercise. We can focus our mind outside our body and actually make out thought processes leave the confines of our body. This is way cool stuff. Hope you have success in your attempt to OBE.

OceanExplorer

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I think I know what led to this experience:
I have lately been thinking much about ghosts, aliens and other paranormal stuff, I'm even making my own webpage devoted to finding out the truth about this. And I have also asked to be contacted by spirits and aliens...
And it's often common that you dream of what you have been thinking much about lately and that's what happened, and when you are dreaming your brain function a little different, so when I said to myself in the dream that I wanted to leave I actually started leaving the body, but then a part of my mind woke up and was too afraid of what was happening then I woke up paralyzed because of my body didn't got to wake up properly.
So I think I know what led to this, and that I can maybe do it again, but then I must not let the fear of dying (never coming back to the body) stop me.
And I must also note that my sleeping routine have been a little crazy lately, that's why I took a nap in the middle of the day.

So people can actually try to follow this little guide, hehe...
(think about paranormal stuff all day, ask for spirits to contact you, read about it, write about it and you might dream the right dream)

Here is also a little image to demonstrate:
img56.imageshack.us...
The second time it happed I went from being awake but paralyzed seeing my room to the effect like when you look down this image in a combination with loosing all contact with my body.

[edit on 2006/11/13 by TrappedSoul]

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The soul doesn't leave the body. The spirit does.

This explains my theory a little better:

Soul Vs.Spirit

[edit on 13-11-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

[edit on 13-11-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I'm gonna try again in an hour or 2, would be nice if some other astral travelers would help me out of my body and guide me.

new topics

top topics

join