It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese Lab - Creating a New Universe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
New Universe

WOW. This was amazing reading! Scientists in Japan will be attempting to create a new tiny universe in a lab in Japan.

They say it’s safe and that the new universe will have it’s own time-space and that it will not cause any harm to our time-space fabric.

They expect the tiny new universe to quickly disappear down a wormhole into a black hole. And that it will still be real and growing … somewhere.

Inflation theory and the Higgs field are all briefly discussed in the article. I admit to not understanding a bunch of what was said, but I found this to be amazing non-the-less.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
extremely intriguing.

wouldnt it be interesting if the current universe we live in is the result of some japanese scientists creating a universe that eventually got too large to control, and replaced or wiped out the then existing universe?

perhaps the "wipe out time" is that oh so popular date - 2012?

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Those scientists need to think more. If they try and create a universe a VERY likely thing to happen would be the smaller universe would start to suck our universe into it. In the end we would just stop existing.

Ya maybe thats what happens in 2012

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I find it amazing that they can even think it's possible for them to create a universe with it's own time-space. I have to wonder if we are an experiment in an aliens 8th grade science lab somewhere.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Interesting article, though I'm curious about the source. Is Sentido a reputable source? I mean some pages have to be taken with a pretty hefty grain of salt. For instance, the Daily Mail or Sky News might report a Japanese lab to create a new universe when in fact it's just some kid in Brooklyn playing a bowl of ramen noodles with their battlestar galactica figures.

However, this has given me some interesting things to read up on. I dig physics, especially at a quantum level.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I think it's funny that at the end of the article they basically said that even if they can pull this off, it would disappear so fast that they wouldn't even be able to measure the results. So even if they do it, there's a good chance they won't realize they did. Unless of course it goes out of control and destroys our universe, then we'll know. Sounds like a good idea to me.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I saw something about this on the Science Channel last night. Unfortunately I didn't get to watch the entire program (and of course don't belive 100% of what I hear anyhow), but it's theortically a mathmatical possibility. I came in close to the end of the show so much of what they were discussing didn't make sense, but what I did hear I found fascinating.

I didn't know people we so close to being able to attempt it though...

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Next year you will be able to make your own universe, along with the species you want to inhabit planets and stuff. You ask how. Will Wrights new PC Game Spore.

If this is true it sounds awesome.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

They expect the tiny new universe to quickly disappear down a wormhole into a black hole. And that it will still be real and growing … somewhere.

Good grief Flyers,
So where the hell will this universe dissapear to?
Growing...man thats more than awesome.Have these Japanese scientists just replicated an event that once,long ago,someone else did to create our universe?

What an amazing idea...The big bang,done by some alien scientists in a distant lab.
They probably don`t know what happened to their universe either.

What makes this idea resonate for with me is that as a kid,i used to imagine our entire universe inside a test tube!
Maybe it was just because as a youngster it is very hard to comprehend the incredible distances involved.Who knows?

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by prototism
wouldnt it be interesting if the current universe we live in is the result of some japanese scientists creating a universe

Well, since our universe existed long before japanese scientists did, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that's not possible..

Now..is it possible for our universe to be something that was created by some other form of intelligent life and, as you said, it got too big to control? I'd say that's entirely possible, and very interesting to think about.

Just the possibility is amazing to me. Imagine in about 50 years what we'll be able to do with technology. Whenever you think you've topped yourself, somebody comes along with something else.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
So hypothetically, it could answer why our creator(s) dont seem to give a rats arse about us.

They made some universe, and before they could measure it, we developed on our own without them knowing we even exist. Interesting indeed.

Peace

Dalen

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pepperslappy
Those scientists need to think more. If they try and create a universe a VERY likely thing to happen would be the smaller universe would start to suck our universe into it. In the end we would just stop existing.

Ya maybe thats what happens in 2012

I'm sure the scientists are smart enough to think of our universe being destroyed by the smaller universe. In order to even pull of making another universe they must be pretty dang smart, so I'm sure they are aware of both the negative and positive aspects.

I think this is super cool though, I could never dream of seeing another smaller universe inside our own universe.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by yadboy
Unless of course it goes out of control and destroys our universe, then we'll know.

Yes, but we won't know for very long. Heh...

Just think, one day, you'll be able to wander down to the local Universe Shack and pick up an amatuer Crystal Universe Kit for your children to put together and play with.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
But heres the obvious big question.

If our universe was made in a lab like this article describes... then who made the creators?

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
This is a story about a similar experiment being planned at CERN.

This is a thread from a few months ago discussing the CERN Lab experiment.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Wild, facinating stuff!

[edit on 11/13/2006 by darkbluesky]

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Ain`t it obvious techsnow?
They were made by some other,older aliens in a lab,and so it goes through history.

Its like the mandelbrot whatnot,fractal style.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 13-11-2006 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbluesky
This is a story about a similar experiment being planned at CERN.

This is a thread from a few months ago discussing the CERN Lab experiment.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Wild, facinating stuff!

[edit on 11/13/2006 by darkbluesky]

Good Lord,
Houston:We have a Multiverse!

I don`t know,these home made universes are so passe...HAHAH whatever next?

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
So they are basically saying that they don't know exactly how long it is going to last creating something such as this in our universe ..?? What are they doing ?? Let them go somewhere far away and teach themseleves that .... I think we found our first clients on the MARS MISSION !! LOL

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
So when they make the universe...it will only last a very short time, but ...to anything inside the actual universe , will it feel like a million years? or somthing like that

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deus_Brandon
So they are basically saying that they don't know exactly how long it is going to last creating something such as this in our universe ..?? What are they doing ?? Let them go somewhere far away and teach themseleves that .... I think we found our first clients on the MARS MISSION !! LOL

Far ENOUGH away in this case would be at least within a safe distance of our own known universe,which the hubble deep field proves is at least 78 billion light years across.
(feel free to correct my incompetence if i am wrong!)
What these guys must have done is created their own personal universe in their own tailored dimension-for if they had attempted to create a universe in our own dimension or frequency range,we would have ceased to exist by now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join