It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help please <_<.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I had another account before this and it was called NWObringer
. >__>. I would say that my posting has improved to an extent but I am still learning how to post on ATS I would still consider myself a Newbie. And also after that I have a lot to say but I want to know how I can improve my posting. Plus-- how can one comprehend other viewpoints? I need to learn how to understand from where other people are coming from on ATS in order to have a fun experience in this awesome community on these forums.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maverickhunter
If someone can tell me what that I need to know for when I should talk to a foreigner. If someone could U2U me advice on how to talk to foreigners it would be greatly appreciated, besides, I dont want to become offended by what they may have to say.

Don't think of them as foreigners, think of them simply as members, remember all of us are foreign to somebody.

BTW, what's the standard criteria to make a WATS post?

Its down to member opinion, if a member (in their opinion) believes you made a good post then they could give you one of their three monthly WATS votes, you won't however know if you have recieved a vote.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
What HTML is availale? I dont know what the html that is available is. I want to be able to post images from external sources and post external sources of news and post news articles too. If I cant do that I dont think that I will be able to fully enjoy the forums.

I'll think of them as members, when I say that they are foreigners, I am saying that because I come from the United States and I come here because I want to state what my opinion on political current events are either that or what my thoughts on conspiracy theories are.

If I run into a member and he doesnt like what I say what should I do? Should I ignore him? Eventually I may run into a problem on a board where I am handling too much criticism and that would potentially be wrong. As far as I can see it put. Anyways, back to the topic... what HTML can I post?

:shk: :shk:

Can someone help me?

Am I the only one that has this problem?

please dont tell me that I am the only one.

>_>.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   

What HTML is availale? I dont know what the html that is available is. I want to be able to post images from external sources and post external sources of news and post news articles too. If I cant do that I dont think that I will be able to fully enjoy the forums.

I don't believe you can use HTML on the boards, you can however use BB code to the same effect.

You can find information on BB code here, very helpfully put together by Zedd.

If I run into a member and he doesnt like what I say what should I do? Should I ignore him?

Think, plan, post...

This is a discussion board after all, everyone's opinions are welcome, if you find yourself disagreeing with another member then say what you disagree about and why, don't simply say "your wrong" tell them why you believe you are right and they are wrong.
Research sources to back yourself up, format your posts to make them appealing to read with paragraphing and the correct grammar.
While the content may be good people can be put off by a lack of capital letters and full stops, myself included.

But most of all keep an open mind.

Eventually I may run into a problem on a board where I am handling too much criticism and that would potentially be wrong.

If you find yourself getting stressed, turn off you monitor and go chill out, then come back when you've chilled (whether its an hour or a month) and then get back to posting

Some helpful Links to Consider:

ATS Handbook
Smokin' BBQ Threads
Terms and Conditions
Posting work written by others
An example of what NOT to do

[edit on 13-11-2006 by UK Wizard]

[edit on 13-11-2006 by UK Wizard]

top topics

join