It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's really beneath the Sphinx?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Bump

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
This is the show a previous poster was referring to
They stated they found 'The Tomb of Osiris' under the Sphinx:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
You are right, they did discover the "tomb of osiris", back In 2006 I think... But the entrance to this is located further up the causeway towards the pyramids... Close to the entrance to "Campbells tomb". This is not related to the sphinx or it's enclosure.... Unless of course, one of the internal passages I highlight above leads into it....

PA
edit on 6-9-2011 by PerfectAnomoly because: Error

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nygdan

We've dug there. We've dug precisely where people were saying that their scans were showing a chamber. THere wasn't one.

All available information shows that there is nothing abnormal beneath the sphynx.

Who dug there and when? What did they find or not find? What is the damn holdup unearthing something there if anything exists to unearth? Was something discovered so explosive to our concept of reality that it had to be covered up?

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoriSCapnSkip

originally posted by: Nygdan

We've dug there. We've dug precisely where people were saying that their scans were showing a chamber. THere wasn't one.

All available information shows that there is nothing abnormal beneath the sphynx.

Who dug there and when? What did they find or not find? What is the damn holdup unearthing something there if anything exists to unearth? Was something discovered so explosive to our concept of reality that it had to be covered up?

link

Harte

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Mark Lehner wrote an interesting book in 1974, ´ The egytian heritage´ egyptian heritage

Those readings describe in detail the earliest first egyptian dynasty and culture in 10,500 BC.

Then, still under the impressions of Cayce´s work, he collected many of the readings about egypt and tried to connect it with his archeological knowledge. He then was contacted by Cayce´s ARE for archeological work in egypt. Of course in the meantime he completley distances himself from this early writings.

Nowadays his teams are more known for his great work of the Giza Plateau Mapping Project.

Most things under egyptian sands are still yet to be discovered.
edit on 25-3-2015 by anti72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: NuclearPaul
Let's get this straight.
People HAVE been down there.
The Government WON'T tell us what's there:

any info about that?

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

These, and many findings, as given, may be found in the base of the left forearm, or leg, or the prostrate beast, in the base of foundation. Not in the underground CHANNEL (as was opened by the ruler many years, centuries, later), but in the real base, or that as would be termed in the present parlance as the cornerstone.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: anti72

These, and many findings, as given, may be found in the base of the left forearm, or leg, or the prostrate beast, in the base of foundation. Not in the underground CHANNEL (as was opened by the ruler many years, centuries, later), but in the real base, or that as would be termed in the present parlance as the cornerstone.

Evidence that Cayce was unaware that the sphinx is a carving, not a construct.

Harte

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Harte, do you know what this nice ancient wooden plastic on the back cover illustrates ? ( illustrations by Mark Lehner)
Looks like an pharonic figure..couldn´t find anything..

back cover

edit
found it..the ivorine figurine supposedly shows an early king with white crown, found at Abydos.

british museum
edit on 27-3-2015 by anti72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
surely just a big ball of twine

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: secretcarver

There are cavities / chambers under the sphinx. I don't understand how that is any question. Whats in them, who knows. Apparently the gentlemen in this picture knows. But hes also the one that will not let anyone but himself do any digging around as of late. Hes too proud to assume his ancestors had everything to do with it, rather then opening his mind and allowing any other alternative to present itself. In time all will be known. Unfortunately, the ones in control want to keep control. So suppressing knowledge, which ultimately is power.. is all they can do to stay where they are.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The Eygptians didn't build pyramids because if they did they would still have the knowledge of how to do it, and none of them do so it doesn't appear it was them.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: AthlonSavage
The Eygptians didn't build pyramids because if they did they would still have the knowledge of how to do it, and none of them do so it doesn't appear it was them.
Humans didn't make stone spearheads since you can't make one.

harte

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

What knowledge don't they have?

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

harte

What I've always found amusing. Take the GREAT pyramid. Built in the 4th dynasty of the Old Kingdom. Massive.. perfect.

Now skip ahead 1000 years to 1550 BC, the era of the New Kingdom.

^^ Smaller stones. Not built to the same caliber. Already crumbling in comparison to its elder 4th dynasty creation.

So we are to assume that the great pyramid was a one off? Its odd how you visually see a degradation of quality and craftsmanship thereafter. Wouldn't one assume, using the same technique going forward ( if it was implemented by the Egyptians, would be replicated or trumped thousands of years thereafter? )

** My thoughts - I feel they stumbled upon the great pyramid. Tried to replicate it. But were never successful in re-mastering the find they came across many of years earlier.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Triton1128

harte

What I've always found amusing. Take the GREAT pyramid. Built in the 4th dynasty of the Old Kingdom. Massive.. perfect.

Now skip ahead 1000 years to 1550 BC, the era of the New Kingdom.

^^ Smaller stones. Not built to the same caliber. Already crumbling in comparison to its elder 4th dynasty creation.

Plenty of Old Kingdom pyramids were built that way as well, and are crumbled away to nothing today.

Also, several other Old Kingdom pyramids are still in as pristine condition as the Great Pyramid, and not even at Giza.

For example, the Red Pyramid (Dashur) predates the Great Pyramid.

Neither are "perfect," nor is any other pyramid "perfect."

originally posted by: Triton1128So we are to assume that the great pyramid was a one off? Its odd how you visually see a degradation of quality and craftsmanship thereafter. Wouldn't one assume, using the same technique going forward ( if it was implemented by the Egyptians, would be replicated or trumped thousands of years thereafter? )

An idiot is welcome to such an assumption, with two other similar pyramids staring him in the face at Giza alone.

Where has the modern world replicated the construction of The Notre Dame de Chartres Cathedral? link

Wouldn't one assume, using the same technique going forward ( if it was implemented by the French,) would be replicated or trumped a thousand years thereafter?

** My thoughts - I feel they stumbled upon the great pyramid. Tried to replicate it. But were never successful in re-mastering the find they came across many of years earlier.

You can "feel" whatever you want. I'll simply note that you seem to prefer your "feeling" to any understanding concerning the Giza (and other) Pyramids.

That's your choice, of course. And you wouldn't be alone there. This board is replete with posters that have a preference for remaining ignorant.

Harte

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

While I appreciate the time you took to address my post. I think you can reply to a users comments without sounding like a c0ck. Its a discussion board. Not a board for users like YOU, to talk down to others because we might not be as inclined or educated as you in specific topics. I simply posted an opinion. I'm not forcing it upon anyone... I'm not calling out others and branding them as "idiots" because they don't think like me.

I'm far from narrow minded and open to alternatives. But at-least I can contribute to a topic, or discussion, without taking a stab at someone else in the process.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Triton1128
a reply to: Harte

While I appreciate the time you took to address my post. I think you can reply to a users comments without sounding like a c0ck.

After the third or fourth time, no, I can't. And I shouldn't have to.

originally posted by: Triton1128Its a discussion board. Not a board for users like YOU, to talk down to others because we might not be as inclined or educated as you in specific topics. I simply posted an opinion. I'm not forcing it upon anyone... I'm not calling out others and branding them as "idiots" because they don't think like me.

Problem here is you don't think at all. You just go with whatever it is you want to "feel."

Harte

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Some facts that make it hard to swallow that Egyptian man 2550 BC, designed / created / and built this monument.

Its stated that it took 100,000 slaves and or workers, 20 years to build the great pyramid.

Its estimated that the pyramid contains 2,300,000 blocks. Ranging from 3 - 50 tons each.

That means, working around the clock, they would need to remove the stone from the quarry's, transport, lift, and set 315 blocks a day.

The outside casing stones consisted of 144,000 blocks that weighed 15 tons each. They were set with an accuracy of 1/100th of an inch.

The cornerstone foundations of the pyramid have ball and socket construction capable of dealing with heat expansion and earthquakes.

The Great Pyramid is the most accurately aligned structure in existence and faces true north with only 3/60th of a degree of error.

The Great Pyramid is located at the center of the land mass of the earth. The east/west parallel that crosses the most land and the north/south meridian that crosses the most land intersect in two places on the earth, one in the ocean and the other at the Great Pyramid.

The mortar used is of an unknown origin. It has been analyzed and its chemical composition is known but it can’t be reproduced. It is stronger than the stone and still holding up today.

Then we have the absence of hieroglyphs:

IS there any reason why the sarcophagus of Kufu is bare? Yet his 2 sons and daughters DO contain hieroglyphs? Maybe because the Kufu sarcophagus was't a sarcophagus at all, maybe it was meant to serve a completely different purpose altogether?

www.youtube.com...

^ Ill leave you with this. (Please turn off your sound before watching the video, the music is a bit over the top)

It supplies an alternative idea for what the pyramid might of been. Something I'm more inclined to lean towards.

edit on 29-3-2015 by Triton1128 because: spelling

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join