It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's really beneath the Sphinx?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
If you are going to dig underground chambers in soft rock, why put them somewhere stupid like under several tonnes of carved solid rock?

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Why the Sphincter of course...

Sorry Had to

Respectfully
GEO

[edit on 11/27/2007 by geocom]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerkinana walsky

the best secrets apparently are those that have no evidence supporting them then.

thats exactly the way they are made and meant to be

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Scribleriad

Thanks for that summary. I have also heard of radar measurement being pointed at areas beneath the sphinx and detecting "this and that" but you would think that if this were the case, there would be some report on it somewhere. It cant be that difficult to measure and then publish the findings.

Anybody know more?

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   

To this day, peopel still, in error, try to make it out that Hawas is stiffling this kind of research, that he's the bad guy here. He cooperated on a curious matter, at great risk, and got burned for it.

With all due respect: Hawass is the holy cow (I did say "holy", didn't I?) of the Gizeh region, and the only "danger" to him, as he seems to perceive it, comes from people trying to see the chambers or whatever there is with their own eyes, not through his accounts.
According to his assistants, he's found (and I am quoting verbatim) "nothing but an old shoe and a lot of sand" under the Sphinx...

AN OLD SHOE...?

Well, how did it come to rest there?
And why is there only one?
How old is the said shoe?
WHERE is it - can we see it?

"Holy cows" never get asked questions.
And if they do, they reserve the right to respond solely by mocking those who ask them.

Just passing by, a ship in the night... Don't mind me. ; )

[edit on 29-11-2007 by Vanitas]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   
There is a Indigo child named Boriska who lives in Russia and claims to be from Mars who says

Boriska firmly stated that people will find knowledge under one of the pyramids (not the pyramid of Cheops). It hasn't been discovered yet. "Life will change once the Sphinx will be opened," said he and added that the great Sphinx has an opening mechanism somewhere behind his ear (but he does not remember where exactly).
source

This kid has a whole lot to say, very good read.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by smarteye
There is a Indigo child named Boriska who lives in Russia and claims to be from Mars

Scientists point out that the Indigo movement lacks verifiable evidence to support its claims, and because of this, it is considered pseudoscience. Though some of the authors of Indigo literature have degrees in psychology, Indigo Child is not a recognized term in the field.
en.wikipedia.org...

--------------------------------------
Trimmed big cut/paste and added a link

[edit on 30/11/07 by masqua]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I briefly scanned the posts and didn't see a mention of Paul LaViolette.

He has found new evidence embedded in an ancient Egyptian text that supports the belief that ancient Magi performed initiation rites into the Osirian mysteries by entering an underground labyrinth accessed through the breast of the Sphinx.

Good, juicy stuff!

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
the question shouldn't be what beneath the sphinx...but whats burid in the sands. im pretty sure there has to be something more buried in that vast desert that used to be a jungle.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk
why do people think that there are chambers beneath the sphinx
you means because Edgar Cayce the twice convicted criminal said there was or because Madame Blavatsky the well known fraudster said there was
err
can I vote bedrock on this one

I can remember hearing that some archeologist did a ground radar probe of some sort that showed there to be a chamber under the right paw of the Sphinx just as legend has it. When he requested to dig there the Egyptian officials denied him acces.

There has been much controversy over this and I suspect that it will never be resolved due to the initial refusal. Most will probably dismiss any dig and susequent finding as a sham.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
A record of Atlantis from the beginning of those periods when the Spirit took form, or began the encasements in that land; and the developments of the peoples throughout their sojourn; together with the record of the first destruction, and the changes that took place in the land; with the record of the sojournings of the peoples and their varied activities in other lands, and a record of the meetings of all the nations or lands, for the activities in the destruction of Atlantis; and the building of the pyramid of initiation, together with whom, what, and where the opening of the records would come, that are as copies from the sunken Atlantis. For with the change, it [Atlantis] must rise again. In position, this lies -- as the sun rises from the waters -- as the line of the shadows (or light) falls between the paws of the Sphinx; that was set later as the sentinel or guard and which may not be entered from the connecting chambers from the Sphinx's right paw until the time has been fulfilled when the changes must be active in this sphere of man's experience. Then [it lies] between the Sphinx and the river

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
IMHO There's nothing man-made buried under the sphinx, simply because the sphinx's are natural rock formations which were carved by the winds and then selected and carved by people- people never built the sphinx's, they merely externally carved natural rock formations that nature had already made, see link below;

www.aeraweb.org...

People have suggested that everything from the Holy Grail to ancient biblical scrolls and elixirs to external life could be buried under the sphinx's, but so far no real proof/evidence/whatever has shown there to be any real truth to these myths theories.
IMHO, people just need to accept that with sphinxs, what you see is what you get.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Quote from Archae at the Hall of Ma'at

During the Pliocene the area around the Giza Plateau was flooded by a gulf of the Mediterranean Sea. The GP is built on a wave-eroded terrace in between 2 levels of shoreline cliffs (Aigner 1983). The area around the Sphinx I would suspect was probably an island during at least part of this flooding period capped by hard Member III limestone which was protecting somewhat from erosion the softer Member II limestone underneath producing an outlier of Member III (isolated and elevated exposure of rock). When the gulf regressed it most likely left a small butte or such behind.

www.hallofmaat.com...,486020,page=2

The limestone has (like most limestone) has fissures and cracks in it. No tunnels have been detected leading down.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

HI TRY SEARCHING THE FOLLOWING

STAAR LOTUS DOCUMENTS
ANTJE/MIRANDA KORTH
SWEETNESS PROJECT
STARFLOWER PROJECT

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   

STAAR LOTUS DOCUMENTS

Seriously weird

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I think i remember a show where MAURY POVICH of all people went to egypt and they actually went BELOW the SPHYNX and there was a chamber 80 feet down or so and it had water in it in a pool or something. Can anyone else remember it? After that show, I couldnt find anymore about it. It was on fox in around 1999 or so.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I recon a big pile of faeces & urine are wrapped up in shoruds emnating the shining glory of the heavens

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Nygdan

You're wrong. =/

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join