It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's really beneath the Sphinx?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Thanks MurderCityDevil,

I want to believe like many others on this site other than sand, granite, and the like. Free your mind and think "out of the box" thats how humans in life and corporate environments work why cant the person do the same. Hell, ATS revolves around such people thats why we are here.

And perhaps it is sand but the "Hall of Records" is somewhere I believe. Made by a previous very old ATS-er!

KeeB

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keebie

I am still perplexed as to why they won't let the site be excavated.

because there is something there!

What's there.?..
my opinion is; a "pot of gold",

the kinda gold one can get from putting out another fantasy that the gullibles will eat up...which offers a new theory on what might be uncovered there

& enticing the public to spend money buying the archeologic-mystical feel good story/answer.
all through history, the public has been led to find plausable one-after-another of the musings of another 'adventurer' or 'expert' on Egyptology.......

get real, people!
it's a money making scheme, permitted to continue as the 'victims' are
deluded but harmless, wishfull thinkers...

[edit on 26-9-2007 by St Udio]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The sphinxes ass? Just a guess but what else would be under it?

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   

What's there.?..

I love this place. Keep the negativism coming we can handle it! Sphinx's ass very funny!

Believe what you want thanks...........

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mondogiwa
My question is, what do you believe is actually below the Sphinx??
Peace, Mondogiwa

Soil.

And whatever it is, it won't make our life easier, it won't make you richer.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I am not negative... I am a chronic skeptic.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Something alien and corroberating the existance of ET. That is why Hitler was interested in Egypt and that's why access is closed now. It's probably a concern in Baghdad also....

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Mondogiwa

try checking out the video mystery of the sphinx. ther is a lot of information that the egyptian government really cannot explain anf therefor take a "it doesn't exist" stance on the obvious.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Is there any work being done present time to try and explore underneath?

On another thread user ATSGUY posted saying that the tablet between the sphinx's paws could be translated. He stated: "Read the tablet infront of the spynx...it clearly says that beings came from Atlantis and from the stars."

Does anyone have a source/link to this translation, I keep coming up empty on every search I've done so far.

See link to thread below.

Sixth Post Down:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Here is a link to the translation of the Dream stela

Translation of the Dream Stela

A snippet from the stela - the full account can be read at the link above just scroll down and click on the "here" link

Year 1, the 3rd month of Akhet, on the 19th day of the Majesty of Horus, the victorious bull, perfect of appearances; the Two Ladies, stable of kingship like Atum; the Golden Horus, strong of sword, who subdues the 9 Bows; the King of Upper and Lower Egypt, Menkheperure, the son of Re, Thutmosis, the appearance of appearances, beloved of Harmakhis, bestowed with life, stability and authority like Re, eternally.

Sorry but I don't see Atlantis or aliens in that passage but have a look for yourself

[edit on 28-9-2007 by Hanslune]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Beneath the Sphinx lies a beautiful unknown, a hidden place where imaginations and bleak reality collide. A dark room where mummies lurk and treasue spills forth from every corner and it exists until the first shovelfull of dirt is removed and the search begins.

So many things have been debunked in this world that I begin to miss the wild childhood dreams of what lay beneath and beyond. At this point I think I would prefer to go to my grave thinking that there just might be a fabulous library under there than to know for certain there is nothing but cold rock.
Who knows though? Recently according to a show I watched on the discovery / history channel, another tomb has been uncovered a mere 50 some feet from King Tut's tomb where no other was thought to exist.

Tomb Unearthed Near King Tut's

Still unknown is who was the owner of the tomb. U.S. archaeologist Kent Weeks, who was not involved in the discovery but has seen photographs of the tomb's interior, said its appearance suggested it did not belong to a king.

"It could be the tomb of a king's wife or son, or of a priest or court official," he told The Associated Press on Thursday.

No matter, its discovery shatters the nearly century-old perception that there was nothing left to discover in the Valley of the Kings, where it had long been believed that the 62 previously known tombs were all there was, he said.

source

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Well actually a Library HAS been found but its gonna take a while to read

www.acfnewsource.org...

The Villa of the Papyri is the largest Roman villa ever found and belonged to Julius Caesar's father in law, Lucio Calpurnius Piso. The villa contained one of the finest libraries of its time -- works of literature and philosophy probably never been seen by modern eyes. All this was lost from history in A.D. 79, when the eruption of Mt Vesuvius buried Herculaneum -- the chic, little seaside resort favored by the Roman intelligentsia-- under metres of volcanic mud that hardened like concrete. Paradoxically, the eruption preserved the scrolls forever. Unlike papyri from Egypt and the Near East that have been preserved by the dry desert air, Herculaneum's seaside air would have destroyed the papyri much sooner if the eruption had never happened.

The Herculaneum papyri represent the only intact library known to have survived from the ancient world. Of the 1,800 existing scrolls, 400 have never been unrolled and 450 are so difficult to read that their text remain unknown. For the first time, BYU’s multi-spectral imaging technology could make it possible to recover works lost to humanity for two millennia.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I watched a 1998 documentary last week called ‘Predictions and Prophecies’ which was presented by an Australian guy called Ronnie Burns. It received a lot of criticism from sceptics, but as it briefly covered the subject of what might lie beneath the Sphinx, I’ve typed up a quick transcript from around 13:43 for those who might be curious.

~~~

[Burns] “The late Edgar Cayce told us of discoveries to be made beneath the Sphinx in 1998. Cayce foretold of these mysterious chambers containing ancient artefacts being discovered beneath the Sphinx around 1998. He said these discoveries would serve to enlighten mankind.”

[Moira Timms, author of “Beyond Prophecies and Predictions”:] “They’ve found that there are in fact square cavities beneath the Sphinx, they’ve done this with Ground Penetrating Radar. Some researchers that were privy to this exploration say there are metal objects within the chambers.”

[Burns] “Gordon Michael Scallion has become known as a futurist and modern day prophet. To some he is a latter-day Nostradamus. Documented evidence exists of his prediction of Hurricane Andrew… The Northbridge earthquake in Los Angeles in January 1994… and the Oklahoma City Bombing in 1995, amongst many others. Whilst in a trance-like state he speaks of reincarnation, healing and prophecy.”

[Gordon Michael Scallion, author of “Notes from the Cosmos”:] “Chambers that I have seen lead through a series of corridors, and each of these corridors would lead to an anteroom. In the anteroom you would find that there are guardians there that protect or guard the way for the right time. Those then lead you to the archive rooms. There’s some rooms that contain the technology of the day, other rooms contain the prophecies of the future, the emerald tablets as I have seen them. Another room will take you to the healing arts and the medicine. They’ve even left behind - so accurate were their predictions - that they left behind seeds and instructions on how to work with seeds to help clean the atmosphere of the volcanic ash that will be coming up shortly.”

[Burns] “The great changes predicted by the pyramids are expected to occur once these chambers have been opened.”

[Peter Lemesurier, author of “The Great Pyramid De-coded” and “The Great Pyramid: Your Personal Guide”:] “And so, there is a messages there saying ‘let’s look for it’, and this is the big thing that’s going on at the moment, ‘let’s look for this secret chamber’, and the Egyptian government have got a bit fed up and told them, ‘There’s no more looking for secret chambers, thank you very much,” and I can’t say I blame them, but of course, if it were right and the whole thing weren’t built by Egyptians, then you can understand their anxiety.”

[Burns] “The secret chambers beneath the Sphinx may not only contain a hidden repository of knowledge left by the builders of the great pyramids, but speculation has it that even the missing capstone of the Great Pyramid may be lying here, waiting to be unearthed. It’s difficult to imagine what might happen with the rediscovery and replacing of this missing capstone if it is to play some part in the enlightenment of humankind. Perhaps this capstone acts as a kind of ignition key to activate this remarkable piece of machinery that is the Great Pyramid.

Records to be discovered beneath the Sphinx that will enlighten mankind within a year or so? That’s fine, but if the timeline we have seen is correct, then this Great Pyramid is telling us that there will be enormous global upheaval from about now until the turn of this millennium.”

~~~

If there is a missing capstone beneath the Sphinx, how on earth are they going to put it back on top of the pyramid? Does the US Dollar, showing the capstone hovering over a pyramid, actually portray that future event?

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Telos

Hi Telos,

I would like to find out more about this book from Al Bielek. Would you mind posting up a few links. I tried to u2u but I need 20 posts.

I came across this thread by searching on google about this topic.

Thanks,
tenshinoyo

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 25-11-2007 by Jbird]

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
beneath the sphimx is the largest most ancient library in the world filled with the rarest artifacts and writings from thousands of years into the past

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by tankthinker
beneath the sphimx is the largest most ancient library in the world filled with the rarest artifacts and writings from thousands of years into the past

the first library on earth was built at Nineveh by Ahurbanipal around 750bce.
There is no library beneath the sphinx anymore than there is a Zetan base beneath my fridge. The idea that there is came from channeled information from extremely dubious sources. thats the library, not the zetan base

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I saw a thread on here a while back that showed a picture of the side of the sphinx's head, like a hollow depression that could very well be an ancient button or mechanism.....

Anybody else clarify this??

My two pence?

I think there may be something stored down there, some ancient relic or something, but I doubt it's a library, maybe a stone with some message on it or something...

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
the best secrets are the craziest sounding and hardest to reveal, thats why they are secrets and not meant for the public, thats all ill tell you.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
A limestone plateau with some cracks, crevices and water run off channels.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by tankthinker
the best secrets are the craziest sounding and hardest to reveal, thats why they are secrets and not meant for the public, thats all ill tell you.

the best secrets apparently are those that have no evidence supporting them then.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join