It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's really beneath the Sphinx?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Hello all,

I am not new to ATS, just this section. Anyway, I reviewed the threads here and cannot find anything on the Sphinx per say! My question is, what do you believe is actually below the Sphinx?? Please include any reason that you believe what you do, just makes the search and topic more interesting, yes!?
I have a theory as well, but I have a background in Archaeology so I prefer to read some others' thought s first. GPR(Ground Penetrating Radar) leaves much to the imagination still and I figured this forum to offer some new and intrigueing thoughts/theories.
Peace, Mondogiwa

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   
The world's largest pair of stone testicles.

Ok, I think there's probably some chambers beneath the Sphinx and they've already been explored but not disclosed to the public. Didn't they open a chamber recently that was accessed from the causeway nearby the Sphinx? I remember something about another archaeologist claiming that chamber was found years before and had more rooms than they let us see. There may be tunnels from there linking to other chambers under the Sphinx.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I think the Sphinx we see now is totaly different than what was there to begin with. I personally think that what was under it was destroyed and the sphinx disfigured so no one would ever know. I have always thought it was an entrance to an underground city, and a series of tunnels leading every which way.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Probably as civilizations do die to which Egypt is simply no exception. It is said that India was demolished on cause of nuclear weapons and Atlantis inexplicably sunk to the Atlantic Ocean through some sort of super-something. Accordingly, the Grand Canyon was supposedly carved by some crazy creatures from the Belt of Orion. It's happening again because that's how it is with sophistication of the advanced kind and that's what is needed to stave off desertification, overpopulation, etc.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
risitar,

not really sure what you are trying to say?? So civilizations go away/die out, etc... How does this relate to what you think may be under the Sphinx?? I may be misreading your post however, so I shall read it again. Many theories surround what may be beneath it, most scholars believe it may be a labyrinth containing detailed building instructions and documents of the Egyptians. GPR suggests many unsolidified areas of earth. Maybe somebody already knows from being able to hold a highly classified dig (Nazis, some think during WW2).
Otherwise, time will tell if the Egyptian government allows excavation at some point to be public knowledge.
Till then, let's post those theories, and rant and rave about what we think is down there!

Peace, Mondo

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
burial chambers of some kind perhaps?

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
why do people think that there are chambers beneath the sphinx
you means because Edgar Cayce the twice convicted criminal said there was or because Madame Blavatsky the well known fraudster said there was
err
can I vote bedrock on this one

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk
can I vote bedrock on this one

That'd be a fairly safe guess.

That said, there are some tunnels that run around it and beneath it to some extent. It's not known how old they are, though some of them are thought to be the work of treasure hunters:
www.unmuseum.org...

The limestone there is fairly soft; you couldn't hollow out a chamber huge enough to house a city.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Doesn't legend say that the libraries of Alexander the great are buried there?

An interesting topic regardless.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   
According to D.H.Lewis (not the Australian one but the One from New Jersey) who wrote a book about this, Mysteries of the Pyramid under the Sphinx there is a chamber and a tunnel that leads straight under the Great Pyramid, in a secret chamber of records.
I can't find anything about this author even though I have 3 of his books but his claimes about a secret expedition back in 1976 and how few scienties managed to enter into the Giza Pyramid using a sonic code or vibrational tone (an information discovered back in 1930 in a tomb in Athens) are very astonishing. The same information is backed up by Al Bielek, Hurtak and few others that I can't remember.
In other words If we admit the existance of a advanced civilisation in the Nil Valley then I would say that under Sphynx lies nontheles then a secret chamber with records about this civilisation.

At this point though I think that your guess is as good as mine.

[edit on 13-11-2006 by Telos]

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   
well unless you can provide his source on that then you can take it as said that its edgar cayce again because hes the first to mention a hall of records in connection with the sphinx
he in turn was enlarging on the idea put forward by madame blavatsky that there was an "akashic hall of records" in egypt though she didnt say where
her source on that was some ascended masters that she'd been channeling while she was in a trance
cayces source on her was given while he was asleep in an alleged trance
so really
don't put too much money betting on this one

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gear

An interesting topic regardless.

No... or, at least not any legends before Madame Blatavasky and her crew arrived on the scene in the late 1800's.

The Library of Alexandria burned (if it burned) in historic times -- 200 AD or so, though some ancient sources have it as late as 800 AD and others as early as 70 BC.
www.straightdope.com...

In any case, all of those figures are recent enough that there were good writers around and plenty of books and letters and manuscripts available. There's no mention in ancient texts that the books went anywhere.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Telos
According to D.H.Lewis (not the Australian one but the One from New Jersey) who wrote a book about this, Mysteries of the Pyramid under the Sphinx there is a chamber and a tunnel that leads straight under the Great Pyramid, in a secret chamber of records.

If this WAS true, it wouldn't be just the mystics that knew it. The area's been explored by various means (I think ground penetrating radar was one) and believe me, if there was any such thing we'd have about a billion papers in archaeology on it.

I can't find anything about this author even though I have 3 of his books but his claimes about a secret expedition back in 1976 and how few scienties managed to enter into the Giza Pyramid using a sonic code or vibrational tone (an information discovered back in 1930 in a tomb in Athens) are very astonishing.

...not to mention "unbelievable."

We have secret expeditions on unmentioned dates in 1976, and a "vibe" or "sonic code" mentioned in a tomb in Athens of which there's no record. And somehow the people who found this unrecorded tomb managed to produce a tone based on a description... at a time when people didn't know sound made waves and had no system of writing down music or musical notes.

In other words If we admit the existance of a advanced civilisation in the Nil Valley then I would say that under Sphynx lies nontheles then a secret chamber with records about this civilisation.

The Egyptians (who were among the first to have writing) kept copious amounts of written material, and this is the civilization that we have the most archaeological material from. They don't write about an older advanced civilization, and the archaeological evidence in the Nile Valley (dating back 90,000 years) doesn't show any unusual groups/tribes/civilizations. There's quite literally tons and tons of material that's been collected on the people of this area.

So we have a history of a people as told from their artifacts that contradicts a few modern books written by authors who never traveled to Egypt and couldn't read a hieroglyph if their lives depended on it. These same authors also claim that a tomb that nobody ELSE seems to have found or recorded had a mystical formula in it that only their source could identify.

In mysticism, hoaxes are characterized by "knowledge" gained by interpreting something that was seen only by a few (and never recorded by anyone other than themselves) -- and a person who could correctly interpret the item (within days or months) just *happened* to be around. The "translator/interpreter" is someone who is never able to be found after (or before, actually) the interpretation is done.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
caesar burnt part of it accidentally at the early date
the later date was a catholic redactionist version designed to blame Islam
iirc one islamic (ancient) leader when answering this accusation said something like "what knowledge"
see how things have changed in the modern world sooooo very much

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I don't normally post on this forum but I love reading bout ancient civilisations.

I saw a Discovery documentry about Edgar Cayce and his claim that the egyptians secrets are underneath the sphinx. In he documentry they showed that there is a tomb underneath the sphinx by using sonar, I think thats what they used.

They wanted to excavate it but the person in charge of egyptian archeaology, I forget his name, wouldn't allow them.

2 cents for you.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Yep, I know what's under that Sphinx. I KNOW that I'm 100% correct. I bet nobody, not even Hawass himself can pretend that I'm wrong. I am RIGHT.
So what's under that Sphinx. Rock, and sand, and dirt and stuff.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mondogiwa
I reviewed the threads here and cannot find anything on the Sphinx per say!

ATS search results for "sphinx chamber".

By all means, we can have a new discussion, but there are definitly lots of previous discussions that you might want to check out too.

My question is, what do you believe is actually below the Sphinx??

The ground.

Please include any reason that you believe what you do,

I beleive this because no credible evidence suggests that there is anything beneath it other than the normal ground material, and because previous diggs for such secret chambers as have been alleged to exist have found nothing. The closest that there ever was to a suggestion of something being there were some remote scans of the ground, however, upon digging where the chamber/cavities supposedly were located, there was nothing.

gear

I don't want to single you out, but thats a simply fascinating juxtaposition of different facts and ideas.
There was a "Great Library" in the city of Alexandria.
There are stories about chambers under teh sphinx.
There are stories about ancient atlantian records being in those chambers.
I think those are the three things that you are smashing together to get that statement.

byhiniur
In he documentry they showed that there is a tomb underneath the sphinx by using sonar

No one has demonstrated that there is a chamber, tomb, record hall, or otherwise.
These kinds of remote sensing methods and data are interpretable, they are not open to simplified or easy reading. There was, not long ago, a group that used these kinds of methods to scan the ground, they beleived that there was evidence of a chamber. Hawas gave permission to dig, I beleive he even participated in the dig, there was absolutely nothing there, right where the chamber was supposed to be. The anomoly in the data was caused by other things, not a chamber. Natural things can screw up those kinds of methods.

They wanted to excavate it but the person in charge of egyptian archeaology, I forget his name, wouldn't allow them.

Zahi Hawas is the archaeologist who is in charge of that area, he has, in the past, cooperated with such requests. Digging under or near the sphynx is dangerous, it could easily disturb the ground it rests on and greatly damage it. Nonetheless, Hawas cooperated. There was nothing there. To this day, peopel still, in error, try to make it out that Hawas is stiffling this kind of research, that he's the bad guy here. He cooperated on a curious matter, at great risk, and got burned for it.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
sand

more sand

some more sand

then some pebbles

and finally rock

lots of raw materials like that

we haven't found any evidence to show that there IS anything underneath the sphinx

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Let me get this, something like sand then??

I can tell the passion from both sides here, those that think there is nothing at all and those who think of many other theories!! Until we can actually dig there it will have to remain speculation!

Thanks to all who responded though!!

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Thanks for clearing that up Nygdan

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join