It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran broadcasts spyplane footage of US fleet in Gulf

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

that picture doesn't look quite right, the complemetn of planes does not look like those carried on carriers today. Does anyone have a bigger picture ?

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
You know, that's what I though. It almost looks like there are A-6's and F-4's on board.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Probably is lol, some stock video footage and Photos the Iranian propaganda machine downloaded off a website.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I love this thread.

A fake photo, and so much Anti-American hate! The wolves come out to spew thier hate when they can. Keep on hating baby you look so smart and special.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
This has been blown way out of proportion in my opinion, that carrier is I would guess their because of whats happening in Iraq, so if it is in the Persian gulf it is technically at-the-same-time in Iranian waters. so..if an Iranian "spy-drone" is doing some recon in the gulf over its own territory then whats the problem? they have every right to be doing that, their isnt a war between the US or Iran at the moment so why do the majority of you see this as a threat? If the Americans did indeed spot the drone which I believe they probably did, the worst thing they could have done was shoot it down! That Ladies & Gentlemen, Boys & Girls would be an "Act-of-War". Then someone could use this pauncy excuse for killing alot more people in the middle-east

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
i would have to make an analogy to baseball with this one. when a pitcher has someone leading off of first base, when the try to pick him off the first time, they wont use their best move to get the runner feeling alot more relaxed. so when the next time comes, boom, catches him offguard. maybe thats what the us is doing

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Yup! I'd definitely trust news sources that show, as an accompanying article photograph, an aircraft carrier with planes flying over as if it is an "American" carrier, but in all actuality is the "Kuznetsov" Soviet carrier with Sukhois!
As for all of you that say there is something funny about the overhead shot, I agree. It looks like its from a footage from the 1970's/80's.

THOSE SILLY IRANIANS!

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Where is the video, cmon the Iranians or someone needs to put it on YouTube or something. For a recon drone it does seem to use a rather poor camera IMO.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
i could go on google and type in usa battle ships and it would bring up war ships in the sea... throw an iranian logo in the upper right corner.. and walla! im a spy too.. lmao...

oo well.. big deal over nothing.. there spyin on the OUTSIDE of the ship, like theres anything that secret about it.. not like the usa let them walk the halls and stuff... woot... hey iranian comando that ship has a run-way!!! woot

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
lol, well if it's anything like this video of an Iranian UAV, I can see why the US didn't bother wasting a single bullet. Anyone got a slingshot or a flyswatter?

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Just maybe the Americans didn't want to start a war at an inconvenient time, by shooting down Iranian drones?

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
Number Cruncher

Tridents aren't they 60's Tech ? anyways mate the US wont use nukes against a country with major OIL!!! why would you potentially contaminate the life blood of your military engine for the next 50 years ? not to mention with all the tech the US has in its arsenal it still struggles to hold countries like Iraq not to mention fail to destroy some Camel Jockey's in Afghanistan. The US lost in Korea ( Hence North Korea being labelled a Rogue State ) then it lost the Vietnam War. Not to mention you wern't even in the 2nd world war till you got bombed in Pearl Harbour in 41.

ahhh! the revionist version of the second world war! I love this version! you know, how the US didnt get involved for 2 years and only gave material support.
I dont know who is writing your history books but as I recall england had pretty much been fought to a stalemate. They were barely holding their own against the nazis and were getting slammed with V-1 and V-2 rockets all the time.

Then D-day and the race towards berlin.

North Korea, at one point, nearly had their asses kicked into china.

and with Vietnam and wars like it, they werent lost on the battlefield. They were lost at home when they lost popular support.

Anyway, you say American are "arrogant" and "brazen"? well, why is this a consensus of people, not just Americans, if it is all based on circumstantial bullhoey? you know, if we were riding englands back to victory in ww2.
(OMG thats arrogant as hell in itself not to mention hillarous.)

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Hre are some facts about this news release that everyone should remember:

None of us have seen the video

This pic is not dated

The pic quality is very poor so we cannot verify all the aircraft on board or what carrier it actually is

If a drone was flown over the battle group it would have been spotted by one of the ships and declared non-hostile or hostile depending on it's armament. We don't have "alert" fighters on the carriers for nothing and this would have been shot down way before it took this pic if it was armed. I know since I was on a carrier and understand the defence systems of the Navy battle group. The other Navy folks on this thread understand this, so the armchair Admirals need to read up on the battle group's defenses before they assume what the US Navy can or cannot do.

They said they have 10 such films showing them the more precise details and information about military equipment, foreign forces, and their activities in the Gulf. You can get this info from most websites that talk about the Navy. How much more precise can you get from the poor quality of this photo they released if that is what the entire video looks like? Where they go in the Gulf is no secret and it is pretty hard to hide when you have an entire fleet of ships sailing together.

This is just like the videos that come out of the other parts of the Middle East. Propaganda to help build support from the local population. Iran says their UAVs got precise info about the US Navy. What is the definition of precise in Iran? If it is what ocean the battle group is in then they are correct. If they can tell me what Airman is doing a daily inspection on a F/A-18 then i'll think they are precise.

As far as Iran attacking the battle group, this would be a very bad choice on their part. The battle group can take over the entire area with the arsenal it has available if it doesn't have to worry about collateral damage. Don't forget about the subs that are with this battle group.

I feel that Iran is making false claims and needs to post better pictures or release the video for all of us to watch. What precise data do they now have? What precise data can they actually get from a drone? This is what puzzles me. They can make any statements they want since they are the underdog and people always enjoy supporting the underdog.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
What many are missing here in their haste to prove or disprove this info is that Iran is being supplied by the Chinese and Russia, Russia especially has technology to rival the US so one needs to look at the bigger picture here rather than childish comments of what Iran can or cannot do. It is without doubt that the Iranians could inflict much loss of life on the Americans and its allies and one should face up to that reality, this is not some arcade game it is real life and while many posture and spar at ones capabilities the endgame is death.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Well if Iran flies a UAV near a carrier, which they can do if they want, they claim it as some big victory in their media, if the USN doesnt care to do anything about it.

And if the USN did shoot it down, then Iran would then go to the media and claim the evil mean Americans and their Navy shot down some UAV that was not doing anything wrong.

Personally, there is probably more to be gained by just trying to watch the UAV to pick up any electronic emissions to learn more about it.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
an Iranian UAV overflying a carrier? Very possible.

American radar isn't invincible and a few years ago Russian Migs buzzed the Kittyhawk, took pictures and then sent them to the Carrier's captain after obtaining a mailing address.

Boy were they ever pissed! The yanks were caught with their hand in their pants thats for sure.

I think the video could be very recent. A6's were retired many years ago and f4's haven't been in service for over 20 years now. They generally were used aboard the Modernized WWII carriers during Vietnam.

[edit on 12-11-2006 by jinsanity]

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I think its entirely possible the iranians have UAV's. I just think this photograph is not one of an american carrier in the gulf. It looks much older.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
The location of our carrier groups is not classified so if the Iranian drone was without weapons and posed no threat, I don't see why it would be shot down.

I would hardly say this is a military triumph for the Islamic Republic of Iran.

Yeah because we can see if there are or aren't any harmful weaponry attached to the drone while it's flying at such high altitudes.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
It doesn't really look that old. I can't imagine that Iran has state of the art UAVs and the camera's aboard probably aren't state of the art either.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The Carrier footage does look like it was shot from the 70s-80s. BTW america may have been losing several recent wars but that's only because we have been losing public support for them. If we couldnt capture an army in afghanastan what's to say that we can capture an army in Iran. Most countries that have passed through modernization are more strategic then we are.

As for the anti-americanism. I just have to say that Iran could be blown off the map. If Russia and China is working with Iran that doesnt necessarily mean that they are their allies. So, they sent a drone over to watch one of our carriers. I find the idea that if the US finds this as an act of war we would be making a BAM! Another act of war! In North Korea we started the war by firing one of their jets >_> and it resulted in many casualties.

As far as the footage goes it could be more Iranian propeganda because they want us out and they want for other people to see that we are proceeding with our military operations.

So also, Iran is going to be blown off the map
if they keep this up.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join