It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If We do not Attempt to Feel Love, We cannot Give Love!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
If we do not attempt to feel love, we cannot give love, but we may receive love temporarily and not recognize it.

If we attempt to feel love, we can give love, and receive love for Eternity!!!

Attempt to feel love!!!

[edit on 11-11-2006 by GreatTech]

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Wait, why is this in the faith and spirituality forum? This seems pretty general to me unless you are saying in order to give love we must first recieve the love of the big 'G'.

If that is the case I would beg to differ.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
This thread really rubbed me the wrong way, here's why. I hate myself. I hate the things I say, the actions I take, just the thought of myself disgusts me. BUT I am a loving person to many people, and I try to be a good guy to everyone I meet. I don't get the whole I have to love myself first before I can love you. The whole thing just seems kind of greedy to me. Just because you don't like yourself doesn't mean you don't have the responsibility to be a decent human being to others.

But thats just me.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nihilist Fiend
This thread really rubbed me the wrong way, here's why. I hate myself. I hate the things I say, the actions I take, just the thought of myself disgusts me. BUT I am a loving person to many people, and I try to be a good guy to everyone I meet. I don't get the whole I have to love myself first before I can love you. The whole thing just seems kind of greedy to me. Just because you don't like yourself doesn't mean you don't have the responsibility to be a decent human being to others.

But thats just me.

Nihilist Fiend, I am so sorry you "hate" yourself in this period of life. You will reach the day when you love others and yourself (not out of self-adulation or greed, but from self-respect!!!).

We have 8 options in Life:
1) Love others first, and love ourselves second.
2) Love ourselves first, and love others second.
3) Love others first, and hate ourselves second.
4) Love ourselves first, and hate others second.
5) Hate ourselves first, and love others second.
6) Hate others first, and love ourselves second.
7) Hate ourselves first, and hate others second.
8) Hate others first, and hate ourselves second.

Through faith in God I have grown to be in category 1, praise God!!! You are in category 3 or 5 but you will grow when you find out that life is only about love!!! I am not preaching to you, but you will learn to love yourself, and again not out of self-adulation or greed, but from self-respect!!!

I believe you already have taken the first step in loving others first!!!

I am praying for you, Nihilist Fiend, and may God Bless You!!!

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   

But thats just me.

Agreed. Unfortunatelly, not everyone think like you do.

And this "I hate myself" thing, depending on your age, is something that will pass away. I used to hate myself a lot for several reasons, and then I grew up and realized that, afterall, "I am what I am". I can change, for sure, but my core will continue to be intact.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   

This thread really rubbed me the wrong way, here's why. I hate myself.

It was so wrong of me to laugh, but i found this to be very funny. I have never seen anyone here on ATS or BTS bash an introductory post by saying: "This thread really rubbed me the wrong way, here's why." and then justify why they dislike the thread topic by saying: "I hate myself".

there is no reason to hate yourself. Perhaps you only hate yourself because you know a little about how much potential lies within you. You are capable of greatness, and you will achieve it. Perhaps you just don't feel worthy of being as great as your subconscious mind may know you are. Either way, within you are great gifts, and a part of your mind that will remain true to yourself knows you are highly gifted within. Unfortunatley you have not met enough people to convince you that you are worthy of being who you are.

I hate the things I say, the actions I take, just the thought of myself disgusts me.

I don't hate or dislike you one bit!!!!!!!
you made me laugh harder than i have all day, and i needed to laugh!

I thank you for sharing with us exactly what was on your mind. i know you are serious, and i am too. but, that was both BRILLIANT & HILARIOUS at the same time!

It is like you said:
Hey! GreatTech, ya you! This thread topic sucks and here is why: I hate myself!

that was priceless! I',m definatley giving you a WATS for that!

BUT I am a loving person to many people, and I try to be a good guy to everyone I meet. I don't get the whole I have to love myself first before I can love you. The whole thing just seems kind of greedy to me. Just because you don't like yourself doesn't mean you don't have the responsibility to be a decent human being to others.

You don't need to "try" to be a good person to everyone you meet. Just be yourself. If they can't accept you for who you are and who you want to be, then that is there short coming, not yours.

Perhaps another way of saying what GreatTech is trying to say is that how can you really love someone else without loving yourself or even knowing what your love is?

It's like handing someone a birthday present when you have no idea what it is you are giving them, because you don't know what is in the package.

It is not greedy to try to quantify or define what you think love is or should be before you get involved with a nice girl. In fact you are probably doing a favor for anyone you might have a ralationship in the future with by trying to comprehend what love means to you, or what you want love to mean to you.

without making an effort to understand love within your heart and mind, what would you be offering a relationship, other than a series of blind dates?

Just because you don't like yourself doesn't mean you don't have the responsibility to be a decent human being to others.

That is a profound statement. Very deep indeed.

and i offer a humble rebuttal:
Just because you don't like yourself doesn't mean people who do like themselves are not obligated to be a decent human being to you.

because you choose to dislike yourself for things that are not your fault, does your opinion of yourself have an effect on how you push people away from you, because you don't think you are worthy of their affection?

Know yourself. Keep a journal. Brain dump the things you don't need, and keep the truth of all you experience, but only the truth that is compatible with your truth.

edit to add:
You have voted Nihilist Fiend for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month

[edit on 12-11-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I didn't think I would get this kind of response. I assumed most people did not like themselves, but that was obviously wrong. I mean the support you all gave, to a person you don't even know and probably will never meet, it was a shock to my system. I can't thank you guys enough. Your words have re-energized my belief in human good. It was weird, I got home from school, sat at my desk, and had my entire outlook changed by the kind and understanding sentiments of strangers. I have some thinking to do, and I hope that when you read this you get that feeling of "I really help someone."

Again a thousand times thank you!

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I have some thinking to do, and I hope that when you read this you get that feeling of "I really help someone."

Again a thousand times thank you!

I was having a very trying day, and at the end of the evening i saw what you wrote here and laughed for about 20 minutes thinking about it. I so needed that laugh! it was harder than i had laughed in probably 2 or 3 weeks, now that i think about it.

a thousand times thanks to you as well!

why?

obviously: For just being you!

new topics

top topics

join