It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Sorry

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I respect your opinion and I'll agree to disagree with you so we can keep this thread on topic. We'll save 9/11 talk for the 9/11 forum

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
Lastly,a question:

When a countries main export to the world is the apparatus of war,how does that country market itself?

With peace?
Or perpetual war?

With perpetual war. I don't doubt that one bit. There's a difference than engaging in constant war and attacking your own country to do so.

Let's keep this one on topic

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctorfungi
My attitude towards the people who believed these theories was objective at first. I wanted to point out the errors in these theories and hopefully get people thinking that maybe these theories were a sham, as opposed to the official story. That's when I noticed people didn't take too well to being questioned.

You cannot change anyones views. If that is your intent, give it up. The best you can hope to do is offer a different view to enable others who have not quite made up their minds. Once a person makes up their mind, they are the only ones who can change it.

People on this site tend to be very passionate about their views. It can make for some very emotional posts. I prefer facts over emotion, so if a post ruffles my feathers, I wait before replying to it. I try to post in a way that is non-judgemental.

Good job on your apology!

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
You cannot change anyones views. If that is your intent, give it up. The best you can hope to do is offer a different view to enable others who have not quite made up their minds. Once a person makes up their mind, they are the only ones who can change it.

I understand what you're saying
Changing views was never my intent. My goal was to point out the errors in the Conspiracy Theory. Not to actually sway opinion
Once people could see the problems with the Conspiracy Theory it is up to them to make a judgement.

People on this site tend to be very passionate about their views. It can make for some very emotional posts. I prefer facts over emotion, so if a post ruffles my feathers, I wait before replying to it. I try to post in a way that is non-judgemental.

Excellent point
Nice way to go about posting too. I think I'll try that from now on.

Good job on your apology!

Cheers mate

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 06:35 AM
link   
i'm in a group love mood

/manhug

i forgive you man for anything. wh'aevah it's all good i guess

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
i'm in a group love mood

/manhug

i forgive you man for anything. wh'aevah it's all good i guess

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Courageous post, and you get respect for it.

I didn't know you'd gone to Randi for help... I have my own opinions of that guy. I can imagine it must have weighed on your conscience.

I have found you, like Valhall, to be a bit condescending, but it's a trap many of us fall into. Obviously, I'm completely perfect and would never, ever do that myself, but I try to be tolerant of those unfortunates who don't share my utter flawlessness!

I'm a bit shocked that you've had U2Us, but as another poster said, that's what mods are for. I've only had one, myself, and I didn't really care about the opinions of the poster concerned. I can't even remember who it was or what it was about except he was - self-evidently - a jerk. If someone has to U2U you because they can't say what they want in open debate, then they have lost the argument, plain and simple.

All the best

r23

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Innothingwe trust.

Man,ya gotta put a serious warning on that unseen war site.

Not suitable for youngsters,most adults.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
My opinion of you just went up a few notches, doc. It takes guts and integrity to publicly apologise for mistakes. G'donya, mate!

I think the crux of the problem - as has been mentioned - is your condescending, superior attitude. And your description of the psychological process which brought you to the mindset you have today gives a clue as to the reason for that attitude. You were a blind believer in conspiracy theory until your faith was destroyed, at which stage you "saw the light", went the polar opposite, and became a blind believer in the official account. No one is more fanatical than a convert, they say, and you saw yourself as enlightened and smarter than those who believe in CT, you saw yourself as having a duty to wake these people up and show them the truth. At that moment, you became just as bad as the die-hard, must-wake-up-the-sheep "CTers", because the fact of the matter is NO ONE is the holder of ultimate truth.

It seems you've learnt a lot from this episode, and the next stage after this one - assuming you don't get addicted to the superiority complex which plagues the JREFers - is coming back into the middle away from either extreme, admitting that in the end you really don't know a lot for certain, and simply objectively collecting all the facts you can in order to develop an informed opinion for yourself, not for others.

[edit on 2006-11-12 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Drfungi:
I gotta admit you have me asking questions....
I have been wondering all day what motivates a "911 truther" to threaten and abuse you via U2U.
Of course,i`m not sure if you did anything to provoke it,but if all you did was post your views then theres no need for that abuse.

One thing about 911,it sure does raise questions!

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
If you can provide photographic or video evidence of the UFO phenomena that can be proved authentic, I will worship you as a God.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Hey it's not like you told someone who'd just been brutally assaulted to go kill themselves...,

I don't think they'd put up with that here.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I forgive you man.

But really, ive invited hundreds of people to conversations on ATS...i checked out you link on Randi.org and i cant understand why there was a 'need' for a direct insult to 90% of members here, your thread is in itself pretty contradicting when you look at how quickly they all got off topic. But you have the courage to admit you were wrong and i salute you...BUT i have to ask, if the thread "look what drfungi has been up to" wasnt started, would you have ever appologised???

I hope you learnt something, and i also hope to see you around ATS more.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Well Looky who crawled back to ATS from the dark recesses of the shadowy, dank, alleys of the internet. You've certainly got alot of nerve showing your face after that stunt you pulled last time. PSYCH! Welcome home! I have nothing but absolute respect for all members of ATS even if I don't agree with them. That's what ATS is all about. A place for us to to to have intelligent text-driven discourse about subject matters that concern all humans and cylons alike.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 02:15 AM
link   
doctorfungi,

Did you have a chance to see the website that I posted before it was deleted?

We have bigger problems than your hurt feelings.

Drop it and get in the game.

[edit on 13-11-2006 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 02:27 AM
link   
InNothing,

Sorry mate I didn't
Which reminds me I better check my U2U inbox *wink wink*

Thanks for all the replies guys
I have nothing but the utmost respect for all of you.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I have just recently started posting here but I used to just come to the site and read all the time. Even though I don't believe the official story your posts have made me a bit smarter and helped me realize things that even though don't go towards the official story still help me learn more about it.

Thanks Fungi you have great courage to apologize in front of this many people. Anyone can make a mistake (don't know what yours really) but it takes a man to apologize for it.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Cheers Pepper

I respect your decision to doubt the official story, god knows I do to in some respects

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I for one commend you doctorfungi for standing up for yourself and admitting that you ar sorry.
I, for one, have no reason to be mad at you nor should I be mad at you for anything. It takes guts for people to stand up and admit that they have done something wrong and I like people like that.
I am in the same boat as chissler when it comes to participating in the 9-11 forums. If I do participate, it is usually something small things like solving a problem. For example, Small Plane Brings Down Boeing Jetliner With Little Damage

Originally posted by gimmefootball400
Something seems quite a bit fishy if you ask me just by the first reports of the crash. For a plane to have crashed vertically like that usually does not happen, and when it does it's rare. More than likely, if the aircraft did hit a smaller aircraft, the smaller aircraft would have crashed also. To compare it to Flight 93, I find that quite odd though. There was another case like this back in the late 1970s involving two aircraft like this.

PSA Flight 182 was a Pacific Southwest Airlines commercial flight that flew on a Sacramento–Los Angeles–San Diego route. Following a mid-air collision, the flight crashed into a San Diego neighborhood, killing all 135 on board, plus the two men on board a small aircraft and seven persons on the ground, on September 25, 1978.

The case of Pacific Southwest Airlines Flight 1-8-2 should come to mind for somthing like this. The Boeing 727-214was involved in a midair collision that doomed the jet liner. The Cessna that struck the plane, struck it on the right wing, shearing off the number two engine and puncturing the fueselage. This created the fire that eventually consumed the aircraft and surrounding buildings after impact.

At 9:01 a.m. on that day, N533PS, a Boeing 727-214 designated as PSA Flight 182, was over the North Park neighborhood of San Diego, beginning its final approach into Lindbergh Field. A Cessna 172, flown by two licensed pilots (not by a single student pilot as is often incorrectly stated), was overtaken by the faster jetliner and was struck by the right wing of the Boeing 727, sending both aircraft crashing into the neighborhood below.

I'm thinking that the small plane did strike it and rip one of the engines off for that to happen.

[edit on 11/14/2006 by gimmefootball400]

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Cheers gimmiefootball

I'll be sure to read that whole thread
Looks good

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   
since everyone is saying your cool I will not.

I noticed something since you posted this god awful post about how sorry you are and such.

I for one don't think you should back off your convictions just like that.. So a few CT freaks got an issue with you, so what.. Big deal..

I think someone calling you an agent is a good thing.. Shows how much/little you know. Just educate yourself more along your convictions that's all.

So what you went over to that other site to find some people to help you crush us CT freaks.. Ok no big deal its cool..

I am sure there are tons of info on how to crush a CT freaks idea of what happened in any situation. Since this is about 9/11 we will go with that.

You have actual news, that lame site debunking911, 911myths, that retarded site PM, and also actual NIST and FEMA sites..

Just brush up on things and you will be aight.. altho sometimes it feels like a game to see who can outsmart who on here, just take it as it goes.. and NEVER EVER take it personally.

Anyway I would say cool about your apology but i ain't cause I don't like what you have become.
------------------------

And dont take it personally, I am just observing.

[edit on 11/16/2006 by ThichHeaded]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join