It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Sorry

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
In 2002 I made my first visit to ATS when I was looking around the Internet for pictures and/or videos of UFO's, secret military aircraft and similar things like that.

I was browsing about once a month on ATS and never actually joined this great community. That changed in 2004 when I registered under the username "ShaneMcbain". I posted here every now and then but my main posts were outside the 9/11 forums. I was at the time, however, researching the events of 9/11.

I loved posting here. The arguments were stellar, the debates were intriguing and the people were nice. I loved ATS.

August of 2006 came around and the infamous "August 22nd" prediction was pretty much the main topic around here. To be honest it had me quite frightened and I eagerly awaited the day. I was almost 100% sure something was going to happen and this was pretty scary. The day passed and everything went as usual. With a big sigh of relief I decided that I didn't want to feel like that again. I didn't want to be scared by random predictions and hypothesis being posted here. As I result I installed a web site blocking tool and blocked ATS and said I wouldn't come back.

About a month later I became more involved in 9/11 research and remembered that ATS had a 9/11 forum. Agreeing with myself to ignore any prediction threads I signed up again with the username "doctorfungi". I started posting and created my avatar by using the logo of a local music group also named Doctor Fungi. I love the name.

In life I try to avoid arguments I know people cannot be swayed in. That's basically religion and politics. Unbeknownst to me at the time, 9/11 is sometimes also in that category.

I started posting in the 9/11 forum after my views on the events had changed. I was originally a 9/11 Conspiracy Theorist and firmly believed that the government was behind the attacks.

My attitude towards the people who believed these theories was objective at first. I wanted to point out the errors in these theories and hopefully get people thinking that maybe these theories were a sham, as opposed to the official story. That's when I noticed people didn't take too well to being questioned.

I increasingly found myself involved in verbal fights as opposed to debates and my U2U inbox was often filled with people wanting to harm me. That's about the point I realized I was unpopular around here. I decided I would continue to post in the 9/11 forums. I almost changed my username after I was thrown abuse at me by ThichHeaded about a month ago. I thought I should start fresh. But for some reason I didn't.

So yet again, I continued to post in the 9/11 forums. After receiving verbal abuse, threats and being called a government agent on numerous occasions I decided that it was time to call for help. I posted over at randi.org to get a few more critical thinkers over here at ATS.

This hasn't been taken in so well by the ATS community. I understand the reasons behind this and if I could, I would delete the thread at Randi. I can't even edit my post over there.

Each and every day I have to muster up courage to even click on Above Top Secret in my favorites list. I'm not saying that's someone's fault other than my own. But it isn't a nice feeling knowing you are hated by alot of people.

The purpose of this thread is to say sorry.

I've obviously pissed alot of people off. I'm not sure exactly how it started but I do know that I didn't start out here with an aggressive nature.

This is an apology directed towards everyone at ATS I have ever offended by mocking their judgement, by insulting their intelligence or by bashing their logic. I am apologizing for my attitude towards 9/11 Conspiracy Theorists and Truth Seekers.

This is not an acceptance of your version of events. Nor is it a way of me agreeing with you. It's my way of saying that I'm sorry for the things I have done to achieve my "troll" status.

I will continue to post in the 9/11 forum. I will continue to question the Conspiracy Theories AND the official story. But the ways I go about doing this and voicing my findings are dramatically going to change. This is of course if the Administrators and Moderators of this amazing work of web design can find it in their hearts to forgive me and allow my further contribution to ATS.

I'm sorry.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Well, I Don't Know...

Last I checked, everyone else on ATS is absolutely perfect in every way. ^
^

We're just all a bunch of perfect little angels -- except you.

NOT! ^
^

If anyone wants to have some fun, click on my name in my mini-profile off to the left here, right above where it says "Every Member Deserves Respect".

It will show you the threads I've started as a member of ATS.

Read a few of my earliest "masterpieces", then you'll know why I don't expect anyone else to be perfect around here.

This is a community of human beings. Frail, mortal and fallible.

And I love you all, just as you are.

Nothing more is required than that you be yourself.

Well, and that you honor the T&C, of course.

[edit on 11/11/2006 by Majic]

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I'll make sure to check up on those links

Thanks for your acceptance mate.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I can assure you that I don't hate you. When I find a thread that heats me up, or a member that infuriates me, I just walk away. Also if I were getting life threating U2U's I would foward them to somebody in charge around here....remember you can do that, or use the complain button.

The only member that I can really say I disliked a lot.... was banned a couple of weeks ago, and he ticked a lot of people off
and made a fatal error when he decided to take on a bunch of MODS

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I'm not an avid poster in the 9/11 Forums, so your work or the scrutiny you face in this forum is darkness to me. I'm not familiar with any of it. But I have come across your work in other threads, and I have been satisfied with your manner of posting. We've discussed a few issues and I had always looked forward to your next post.

I do not preach to be perfect, and as Majic has said, none of us are. But what some of us have always had is respect for fellow members. If I have ever disrespected another member, I have always acknowledged my error.

A few things are tough for me to swallow at the moment. Reading your work had left me with a strong sense of optimism in your character, I tend to react negatively when I create false assumptions.

This forum is actually quite intelligent unlike 90% of the populace at ATS.

----

I think it's about me and 3 other people out of the THOUSANDS of members who actually attempt to debunk the theories.

---

Shows the true colors of these guys huh?

You become upset that members lash out at you for not accepting their side of the coin. Yet you lash out at them behind their backs because they do not accept yours. Hypocracy, through and through.

How exactly are you above these members? Doc, as a fellow member of ATS I do accept your apology. I for one to not appreciate the effort you have gone through to take jabs at our membership behind our backs, but your willingness to stand up and take it like a man is applauded.

I'm onboard with Majic. I do forgive, but can not promise to forget.

I look forward to your posts in the future.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctorfungi

Each and every day I have to muster up courage to even click on Above Top Secret in my favorites list. I'm not saying that's someone's fault other than my own. But it isn't a nice feeling knowing you are hated by alot of people.

The purpose of this thread is to say sorry.

You have alot of courage and i have felt for your situation before this situation has come to this.

This site for not enforcing t&c where it seems moderators judgements have gotten clouded through either biase or through popular belief should be the one making an appolagy to you.

But i have also heard you appolagise for retaliating insults,which shows to me you are a decent person.

I have had issue with this type of situation in the past,the reasons i hav`nt made a formal complaint and posted the threads which shows beyond a doubt that it occours is because the response will be along the lines...........

Moderators are people too with oppinions

Moderators are not perfect

Moderators do this unpaid and in their spare time

Moderators cannot take the me out of their posts

Which is true for the most part.

One would/could be labelled a winger for pointing it out where it exists and does happen.The t&c`s is what should make ATS great.

I am so disappointed with ATS right now,made the worse with added personal issues/crisis i`m having to face at the momment,so i`m out of sorts anyway.

DF i value you as a member and a human.The whole truth of 9/11 God knows, we can all guess as to the whole truth,one thing most agree on it was a very dark day for many reasons and caused dark reprocussions.

Its sad to see people want to get violent and insulting over a violent act called 9/11 and who caused it.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Thanks for accepting my apology guys. It means alot

Originally posted by chissler
How exactly are you above these members?

You are absolutley correct.

My post over at Randi was downright appauling and stupid. I regret ever posting there and I sincerley regret any attempt at insulting the intelligence of anyone at ATS.

I am working to change my ways. And you have my assurance that this will be done .

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
doctorfungi I forgive you.

I still can't understand why you would believe the official story.

I have use as many formula to see if the tower could fall with a fire. But it alway came out that it is not possible. Don't just check out the 9/11 videos. Double and check for your self! If your a true seeker of the truth then do your own work!

(side effect: lack of sleep)

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Doc, your ability to stand here before us leaves me incapable of remaining disappointed.

You've acknowledged your error, apologized, and better yet, determined to correct this error. Many would of logged out and said G'Day to AboveTopSecret. I hope to see you around the boards in the near future.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I have to agree....how you came in and made a formal apology, that takes lots of courage, when walking away and never looking back (like chissler said) would have been much easier. You have my respect for facing your troubles head on.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Thanks guys

I will continue to honour my commitment for the good of these boards and the people who post here.

This site is too great to be ruined by hostile arguments.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Hey fungi,

Just found this thread and I'm glad I did. First off, I just want to say that you've never really po'd me, but then again, I'm not committed to anything but finding the truth. If you are committed to that as well, then we're in league, not in opposition. The only thing I've noticed is that at times you treat what you consider the "CTr's" in a condescending manner. You also tend to jump to conclusions about their nature.

While there are some folks who have blinders on, I find that the majority of people who are researching 911 are like me - only they may be coming from another position than me (or maybe the same as me) - but they tend to be open. They really do.

I was close minded before as well. And I was condescending because I went primarily off intuitive science without looking at the details of the NIST report. Then one day I opened the report and started reading and was taken aback. Here I had been fighting bad science used by what you would call the "CTr's" and I found a taxpayed report full of incomplete investigation, analysis based on erroneous assumptions, outright false statements - and in general bad science.

My mission is only to find the truth - which is not in the NIST report. I don't believe the government blew up the buildings, but I've also learned that it's not a safe place to ridicule those who think that - because until I find the truth, I could be eating 3000 servings of cold greasy crow.

Basically, I've learned that people who discuss these matters - no matter what position they take on it - do not have bad intentions...in fact, no matter what I think of their position, they seem to have honorable intentions.

And even if in the long run the evidence stacks up to prove their fears of government involvement wrong - the fact they have honorable intentions won't change.

Regards, and I look forward to reading your thoughts on the board.

[edit on 11-11-2006 by Valhall]

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Thanks Valhall,

My assumptions and generalizations are a thing of the past. From now on I am treating everyone as an individual as opposed to a group. Different people believe different things and sometimes there are bad apples in a group of wonderful people. With that respect I can assure you that although the majority of truth seekers are working for the good of their nation, alot of them are push an agenda. The thing is, however, I will no longer assume that all truth seekers are pushing an agenda.

No longer will I refer to anyone as a "CT'er" or a "9/11 Denier". But with the same respect I also hope that people will no longer accuse me of being an agent, call me a NeoCon or a traitor.

I am glad to be setting things right.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   
If you knew how many times my partners, Simon Gray, SkepticOverlord and I were called "agents", "CIA Frontmen", etc... you'd cry big croc tears mate!

And they call us this because we simply own ATS, the Members post the VAST majority of the content but we are called the agents.

So, going forward, if someone calls you an agent GET OVER IT, LAUGH IT OFF and IGNORE THE TROLLS.

I am pretty sure you've learned a good lesson here on several levels and that, my man, is GOLDEN.

Fair Dinkum.

Springer...

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Hey man, no need to apoligize, recruiting is awesome.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I didn't even know who you were...I do now though
. I was just clicking any old link I saw... he he he

I didn't think it was that big of a deal. A bit arrogant but hey no harm done really.

I think it takes a lot of courage to face up to it , make the best of it and move on

Oooohhhh I betcha you'll end up in Gemwolf's Gossip PODcast??? WINK WINK then you'll really be big time.

Good on you for sticking it out !!

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Ford Farmer,

I totally agree. But the way I went about doing it was pretty wrong.

This community is awesome. I am greatful to all of you

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 04:36 AM
link   
It would be dull here at ATS if everyone had the same viewpoint.
Myself,I learn just as much from people who disagree with me as those who share my views.
I don`t happen to agree with your thoughts on 911,but so what?
You have just as much right to post your views as anyone else.

I`m sorry you have had abuse from other users.

Just out of interest,what was it that first changed your views on 911(what first made you change from a believer in the inside job scenario?)

Myself,I just do not buy the whole "powdered concrete"(from the TOP down)and total disintegration of the cores,and of course the lakes of molten metal.

Promise I won`t send you abusive/hateful U2Us or replies BTW!!

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Well basically the main thing that doesn't do it for me is the logic errors. I still fail to see alot of things from a logical point of view about 9/11 Conspiracy Theories. I agree that there are unanswered questions about 9/11, but by the same token I don't expect such a dreadful event to have every question answered about it a mere 5 years later. I try to be as open minded as I can.

I watched Loose Change and found it amazing. Then I watched "Screw Loose Change" and found it to be more convincing. But that's just how I look at it I guess. I'm sure alot of people would disagree with me on that point.

May I ask you the same question? What do you find most convincing about the Conspiracy Theory. I'm not going to try to refute your opinion or points
Just interested in knowing

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Just what i mentioned above really,
Along with the constantly changing Government story,and the odd look of the second plane-black, possible lack of windows and round tail logo.

Also the first thing i would have done as the Government would have been to release the black box flight recorders.
This would have reassured everyone if the official tale was true.

However,the black boxes would also have contained all of the flightpath details,which is why i think they are being hidden.

The pentagon-the latest video-come on guys,you can do better than that to convince us.

Its almost as if the government wanted people to blame them...either that or they are just to arrogant to cover their tracks.

Of course the government had prevoiusly planned to blow up civilian aircraft in the now infamous "operation northwoods."

This at least shows us the mindset of these people,and the lengths they are prepared to go to achieve their agenda.

The "new pearl harbour event" as described in PNAC,although circumstantial,again proves the way these people think.

Lastly,a question:

When a countries main export to the world is the apparatus of war,how does that country market itself?

With peace?
Or perpetual war?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join