It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PLEASE WELCOME Djarums as our newest SuperModerator...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
CONGRATS DJARYKINS!!!!!! muahhaha im all happy for yee

Mwah xxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Super mod or not, I can still kick your ass, son! tremble before me!

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Congrats to DJ!!!! Well deserved appointment!!! Now, since I am here it's partay time!!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Did we not have a general warning issued recently to us about one line postings? I see a whole raft of people here who have no excuse, busily indulging it.

I can understand peoples' wishes to convey congrats etc, but could these have not been done via a u2u?

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Englishman_in_Spain
I see a whole raft of people here who have no excuse, busily indulging it.

Bah Humbug.

Offering congrats to a member or staff is an appropriate exception to the rule. BTS is another slight exception to the rule. The General Chit Chat forum is one that often permits one-lined responses.

Originally posted by Englishman_in_Spain
I can understand peoples' wishes to convey congrats etc, but could these have not been done via a u2u?

Surely you can understand the emphasis we look to put on Dj's promotion. He has become a Super Moderator. Not something that happens everyday on the board. Sometimes a
should be done via u2u, but when it is on this type of grand scale, public congratulations are deserving.

Wouldn't your post of been more appropriate to be done behind the scenes via the Complain button?

Lets stay on topic and keep the purpose of this thread to send Congrats to Djarums.

[edit on 13-11-2006 by chissler]

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I really shouldn't be commenting on this as one might think my comments are due to being insulted or what have you... but I'll depart from that because those of you who know me know that I don't take anything personally.

Englishman, as a senior member of the staff of ATS I can certainly appreciate your deep respect for the rules here. As you have stated it is pretty clear that 1-liner posts are frowned upon. However, I believe that you've misunderstood the rule and its implications. Permit me to explain why.

1) This is the Board Business & Questions forum, not a forum discussing ATS subject matter. The purpose of this forum is to discuss business that is related to the operations of ATS itself, in this case an announcement by one of the owners that someone has been promoted to senior staff.

2) The purpose of the edict against 1-line posts is to prevent disruptions of ongoing discussion. What does that mean? If a member posts a well said statement in the midst of an interesting discussion and three other members follow up with posts saying "yeah i agree!" or "me too!" or by posting a smiley face, that is disruptive to the continuity of the thread. That is, in fact, what the 1-liner warnings we sometimes issue were created to avoid.

3) I notice that you don't post very much, and as a result of that perhaps some of the more community oriented feel of ATS has slipped through your field of view. Regardless of ATS's size it has been, and remains, a community in which people care about each other. Look through the BB&Q forum for examples of this. Scattered throughout the techie questions you'll often find announcements of promotions, well wishes about the health of members and staff, and other "community oriented" posts, some of which are 1 line.

Please understand the distinction between those that you're complaining about and these. They are not the same thing.

Regardless though, I do appreciate the weight that you place upon our T&C and hope that you remain a satisfied member of ATS.

Djarums

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
Please understand the distinction between those that you're complaining about and these. They are not the same thing.

Regardless though, I do appreciate the weight that you place upon our T&C and hope that you remain a satisfied member of ATS.
Djarums

Ha, Ha.
And with that.... DJ plops down in his new chair,
puts his feet up on his new desk , and calls to order his new desk name plate.

No vacations around here, eh?
First thread as a super and already on the job.

Nicely done (as usual), and congrats, mate.

(better late than never)

[edit on 13-3-2007 by Jbird]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Congrats Djarums.
now we only need to get that plaque buffed and put on the ATS wall of fame

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Congrats Djarums

You may remember from our peasant point of view though, to us a mod is a mod.

Does a super duper mod,mod the members as well as the lowly mods

No offence lowly mods.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Congrats man!! It's about time!!

TheBorg

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Er, am I the only one that has noticed that this thread is from last November?

The thread with the current congratulations for the newer super moderators is here.

Just as a point.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by apex

looks like recently you are,oops,but congats anyways Djarums

The thread with the current congratulations for the newer super moderators is here.

Just as a point.

Cheers for the heads up apex.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
12m8keall2c

sanctum

DontTreadOnMe

masqua

Mirthful Me

Congradulations! I know that this is deffenatly well deserved

A fine example of promoting from within!

[edit on 13-3-2007 by whatukno]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by apex
Just as a point.

Yea, I noticed, just after I hit 'Post Reply'.

(notice my edit)

I obviously missed the announcement, first time around,
but wanted to return some acknowledgment ,
( in an unobtrusive way ) passed to me a few months ago, by Djarums.
( belated thanks for the applause, Dj)

Sorry if I mislead anyone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join