It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trouble Uploading Podcasts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Hello all,

While trying to upload a music Podcast to BTS Music I was presented with the following error:

Your file, btsmpod_2001.mp3, of audio/x-mp3 is not supported, please try a different file.

I've uploaded similar files in the past and have had no problems. Have any of you had similir problems and/or know how to fix it. Thanks in advance.

Inverential Peace,
Akashic

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
How large is the file size?

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Hello Simon,

Thanks for your quick reply. The file is only 3.75 MB.

Regards,
Akashic

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I had this problem as well... no one answered me though... is there a solution? ... my file was under 3mb..

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Hello PureEnergy,

As TrueAmerican explained to me, it has something to do with a digital copyright bit being written in the file. It's strange though cause I've uploaded music from this website before, and all it's music is Podsafe.

Inverencial Peace,
Akashic

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkashicWanderer
As TrueAmerican explained to me, it has something to do with a digital copyright bit being written in the file. It's strange though cause I've uploaded music from this website before, and all it's music is Podsafe.

Inverencial Peace,
Akashic

I suspected it may be the problem, but on further review, that may not be the problem at all. Akashic was trying to upload a classical piece which he had downloaded. I would see if SkepticOverlord can maybe help you by sending the file to him, as it could be an mp3 ID tag related problem, or some other issue, such as an upload interface problem. Akashic already sent the file to me, and I re-encoded it using the settings that have worked for me here many times. I sent the new file back to him, and the upload failed for him again. So that's where it's at.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I get this message every time I try to upload my song.

Your file, btsmpod_3338.mp3, of application/x-itunes-itlp is not supported, please try a different file.

It's an mp3 and meets all uploading file requirements, I've tried everything. I've taken the raw WAVE file and converted it to an mp3 in so many different ways. I've encoded with sonar, audacity, and every freeware program seemingly n the net. No matter what I do, I GET THIS STUPID ERROR MESSAGE. I've been trying for three weeks. I really want to share this piece, please, please help. Others have told me they get the same message.

new topics

top topics

join