It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beat My Tesla Coil Thread.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
ahhh what the heck...

You have voted Silcone Synapse for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
thought u might b interested in this online book by tesla - 'experiments with alternate currents of high potential and high frequency' available here

a short video of some other peoples experiments... here

and some other useful info...

best of luck to you and most of all - keep safe!

you also have my vote

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Unbelievable votes,Thanks fattyp,and all.

Hey little bird...I like your ideas but MAN PLEASE do not use a wooden stick to turn HV things on and off as wood can actually become a conductor at High voltage!!

Rubber,ceramic,plastic is what you need but always check the conductivity first friend!

Justyc,
Speechless,another vote!
Thanks dude,that book by Tesla is great reading,I have it here already.I do not pretend to understand everything in there-but its still one heck of a resource.
Well worth reading if anyones interested.

Cool coil vid too,the paper burning one looks like an SSTC (solid state tesla coil)which requires a different knowledge set from the sort I am attempting.They run on DC and micro electronics-and they are well cool.
Maybe one day ill make one like that-they operate within a more acceptable frequency range as well and you can use them in doors with a bit less likelihood of blowing up your electric meter.

I`ll try to get on with posting the theory and specifications over the next few days.
Thanks for the interest friends.

[edit on 16-11-2006 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Good luck with it, I've always wanted to make one of those or a Van de Graaf generator since I found out about them.

Can High voltage kill on its own? I thought it was just 6 milliamps across trhe heart that was lethal?
Oh, also on safety, I don't remember who did this, but don't try to measure the size of the bolts with a metal ruler, I know someone tried to once.

oh, by the way

You have voted Silcone Synapse for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
SS just reading the post again. High Voltage and HIGH FREQUENCY can kill.
I cant remember what Freq tesla coils operate at but high frequency can "walk" quit a distance. High freq em is "related" to ball lightning. So should you be using a cermic rod or whatever please put up a sheld on the rod. Look up some of the tecktronics high freq probes for an ociliscope. That will give you an Idea of what I am talking about. Also your friend that deals with 3 phase is good for understanding the voltage, please try to fing a HAM radio operator to help you understand the dangers of high Freq. No disrespect intended.

Also: you get my way above vote.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
To our new Tesla :

May you succeed beyond your dreams, my friend..
Lex

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
hey silicone, i figured id give you some ideas i heard about. try the tesla coil in a van de graff coupled to it. seriously. i do not dabble with such high volts, but know enough that a wood stick will insulate me at low voltages and low static electric shock, instead of my hand. big difference. that is what i meant. thank you silicone for the advice.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Some Tesla related videos I found:

Mini Tesla coil with 110v LED bulb

You see wireless transmission filling all space but when extra load is applied
the original lights dim in response. Well the gas filed bulb should light according to
Tesla and as he said ordinary devices would also be supplied with electricity as
any ordinary wall socket device. So wire less works as long as the power is big.

Iskupulssien käyttäytyminen kaksoiskipinävälin kanssa (c) J Hartikka.AVI

See amazing spark gap action as gap conducts to output capacitor into coil
during 4 ohm plasma arc ( just some figure Tesla once used) and opens to
send current to zero ( open circuit means a brief zero current period) that
sends the coil into a high voltage spark making the conduction arc again.

The spark gap coil is usually the primary that induces highly charged voltage
into the secondary air core Tesla coil. The continued spark gap circuit action
builds up Tesla coil voltage in what Tesla called the Magnifying Factor of
Reaction Impedance divided by the coil wire Resistance.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join