It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do the avatars reflect the posters?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Thanks DG!! I'll resize the dancing nanner...see fi i can work it in with my little alien LOL...

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
You're welcome.

Asala,
I dont look like an ET either. (i hope)

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 04:28 AM
link   

This is my way of reliving the days gone by avatar as you can probably tell. The road doesn't exist physically anymore, but it does in mind and spirit. Even though the paint scheme disappeared years ago and the C&O Cantilever style signals are beginning to disappear, they are still there in spirit.

The Chessie still lives in my book!!!

[edit on 11/13/2006 by gimmefootball400]

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I dont look like an ET either. (i hope)

So does that mean you look like a bird in Groucho glasses?

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I look like a turkey.

BTW, i loved that graphic.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
I'm not sure if my avatar reflects my personality, but I do know that it's a very important image to me.

I agree with Rasobasi's take on this one. My avatar is cropped from a very famous photo which shows up in many histories of the Korean War.
Here is a larger section of the image. It is of Captain Francis "Ike" Fenton, 1/5 Marines, and was taken at the Pusan perimeter early in the war:

Captain Fenton retired as a Colonel and died of natural causes on October 11, 1988.

I also thought about this one of a marine in a trench at Con Thien:

Both images are by David Douglas Duncan.

Believe me, I am no pacifist; I did my 6 years in the Field Artillery, and I know that there are times when war is a necessary evil.

However; in the spirit of "Denying Ignorance", both images serve to remind me that when we choose war we must remember that we will be asking people to do and see things most of us will never have to.

No wars for ignorant reasons...deny ignorance at all costs.

Now that you raise it dgtempe, I suppose it does come off as kind of melodramatic for a board like this...so be it.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
My avatars ALWAYS reflect me in some sense, my current one (Their Watching You) was created and picked for several reasons.

If you ever find me on other sites (Pshkwa) there should be the picture of the eye in the T.V., an eye, or the phrase "Two Minutes Hate", I have yet to make a two minutes hate avatar but it shows up in my sig allot.

The origanal picture is
and for all of you bad religion fans you should know where its from, if not, its in the song lyrics booklet that comes with "The Empire Strikes First" and the lyrics "Two Minutes Hate" show up in the song "The Empire Strikes First" (We just started out , you don't need to be afraid , yeah you deserve two minutes hate.)

I dont know exactly why I like the picture or the phrase so much, but for some reason I do, I have a really cool sig the has the picture in it, but its to big for ATS. So my avatar reflects me in the sense that, it comes from my favorite band and that I created the sig. The phrase in this one "their watching you" really doesnt mean anything other then to make it interesting, I do plan to change it to "Two Minutes Hate"

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Mine tend to reflect my thoughts or opinions in some way. Lately they've always been a rendition of some pop culture icon.

Johnny Knoxville, Tommy Lee, Dane Cook. I used to support nothing but John Lennon avatars at one time. I may go back to those days.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Not all the avatars I make represent me, though 99% of the
ones I use, do represent some part of me, or an interest of
mine.

For instance, my current is a theoretical depiction of a string
dimension.
It is representory of science, which is something that is a big
part of who I am.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   
so you choose a psychotic clown head as yours

I can safely say that my avatar does not reflect me, though it does reflect what I strive to be

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I do not know if my avatar reflects me.

I suppose it is symbolic of childish innocence but also slightly malevolent.

I just found it and liked it.

I like checking avatars out and it does make me think about the person behind them.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
What throws me off are when guys use a picture of a chick or when girls use a picture of a guy as their avatar. Some of the more 'opinionated' posters have used hot chick's as their avatars in the past and at first glance I thought they'd be harmless.

If there's a face or some prominent symbol in the graphic, I'm more likely to associate that with the poster. If it's just an image of a background however, I don't.

My avatar is an artful manipulation of a symbol I've always been facinated/felt attached with. A circle surrounding a triangle surrounding another circle. No idea what it means though, but I'd like to think of it as 'balance'.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I don't find I judge people by their avatars, but as said you get a sense of their style, I really like the clown jack in a box thing that DGTempe has, but I also really liked the creepy girl with the doll you had a while back.

If someone has a really awesome avatar maybe you warm to them a little more but I don't find avatars I don't like, make me judge them badly...

[edit on 5-1-2007 by chris01621]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
My avatar reflects me.

It's cool and I'm cool.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
jimi is the man.

no doubt about that.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Well, the name, the avatar, the custom titles,

I think they are fairly representative, I'd bet

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Now my avatar reflects the way I look.

My sisters say that it really looks like me.

[edit on 6/1/2007 by ArMaP]

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I think that my avatar says alot about me...

I've got my ensignia on there which I put on everything to let people know it was I who made it...
hidden under the avatar is my slogan, on the background...

My bad sense of humor is there, pointing out where the name and avatar are... etc...

I'm quite proud of being a roboticist, so I put that on there....

and the fact that it's cluttered and put on a crumpled paper shows how disorganized, but obsessed with my work I am. Here's the background in full...

I think it represents myself perfectly.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I like naughty monkeys.

It was also going to be a tattoo if i ever get around to it.

It sort of sums up my personality i think.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Not really. I like avatars. However, I don't pay nearly as much attention to a person's avaar as I do to what they post. I make my value judgements of aperson based on the things they post. If they seem vitriolic to me, I don't have much to do with them. Brashness, crudeness and generally hateful attitudes do not attract me at all.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join