It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

brain research experiments = animal cruelty

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 01:38 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 02:33 PM
link   
these sites always manage to tell only part of the story

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 03:17 PM
link   
www.anonymous.org.il...

yeah i see, this monkey is in fact all right... top shape, and barbaric science is cool... deny ignorence

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I haven't looked at the page or the picture, I don't intend to. I've seen suffering animals in labs too many times, it is sickening to look at.

However, if a few monkeys die in horrible ways so that mankind has a cure for some horrible disease like alzheimer's, does that change your opinion. It could ease the suffering of tens of thousands, at the expense of a couple of hundred monkeys. Is this ok?

I'm not saying this is a good or bad concept, just trying to weigh the consequences/results in my head.

I doubt they would ever just torture monkeys without point, they are expensive.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 03:24 PM
link   
-''Animal experimentation is the blackest of all the black crimes that a man is at present committing...
I abhor experimentation with my whole soul. All the scientific discoveries stained with innocent blood I count as of no consequence... The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.''
--Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948).

don't look at the picture and i won't look at human's brain diseases histories...

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Bingo...funny when people get all uppitty about animal cruelty, and then eat animal flesh that was deliberately raised to be slaughtered, hehe....

At least strict vegans practice what they preach...

Me? I just accept that I'm a carnivore, and say the hell with it.... I really don't see a difference between true scientific research on animals, and raising one for the sole purpose of eating it. It's not cruel, unless your intent is malicious. It's the way nature works....everything lives off of the death of another. Interestingly enough, even plants do this...so maybe vegans aren't so morally high and mighty after all?

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 03:30 PM
link   
kalki, I respect your opinion on that. I love animals and always have. This is why I will not look at the pictures, it upsets me. People who mistreat animals are beyond contempt.

I was simply trying to look at it from a wider point of view. Some people don't have any feelings for animals at all, I'm sure they don't feel anything when they look at these pictures. [edit] Or people don't see it's a problem to kill a few animals to save thousands of humans [/edit]

[Edited on 13-11-2003 by Zzub]

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 03:31 PM
link   
yeah.. it's not about veganism (even if i'm veggie), it's about the absurdity of vivisection.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Bingo...funny when people get all uppitty about animal cruelty, and then eat animal flesh that was deliberately raised to be slaughtered, hehe....

At least strict vegans practice what they preach...

Me? I just accept that I'm a carnivore, and say the hell with it.... I really don't see a difference between true scientific research on animals, and raising one for the sole purpose of eating it. It's not cruel, unless your intent is malicious. It's the way nature works....everything lives off of the death of another. Interestingly enough, even plants do this...so maybe vegans aren't so morally high and mighty after all?

HA. vegans are mislead, misplaced and idiots. i dont care if this offends anyone, and i also believe maddox can say it FAR better than i ever could: "...The heading of the vegetarian section was titled "Guiltless Grill," not because there were menu items with fewer calories and cholesterol (since there were "healthy" chicken dishes discriminated against in this section), but because none of the items used animal products. Think about that phrase for a second. What exactly does "guiltless grill" imply? So I'm supposed to feel guilty now if I eat meat? Screw you.
What pisses me off so much about this phrase is the sheer narrow-mindedness of these stuck up vegetarian assholes. You think you're saving the world by eating a tofu-burger and sticking to a diet of grains and berries? Well here's something that not many vegetarians know (or care to acknowledge): every year millions of animals are killed by wheat and soy bean combines during harvesting season (source). Oh yeah, go on and on for hours about how all of us meat eaters are going to hell for having a steak, but conveniently ignore the fact that each year millions of mice, rabbits, snakes, skunks, possums, squirrels, gophers and rats are ruthlessly murdered as a direct result of YOUR dieting habits. What's that? I'm sorry, I don't hear any more elitist banter from you pompous cocks. Could it be because your # has been RUINED? "

maddox.xmission.com...

[Edited on 13-11-2003 by forsakenwayfarer]

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 04:12 PM
link   
dont believe it? didnt click the link before? heres a real article

eesc.orst.edu...

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 04:16 PM
link   
btw: just wanted to say that im not bashing gazrok, its just "At least strict vegans practice what they preach... " is what set me off

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I'd support experimentation on human volunteers, provided they new what was going to happen. OR knew the possibilities of what could happen. But seing as that is illegal, I have no problem performing neccessary experiments on animals.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 05:55 PM
link   
this is a tuchy thing for me,

I think yes there should be testing on annimals, before humans like for example curing AIDS, cancer and stuff like that,

but seeing what a monkey would do without water or harming them for no reason?

im sure most people agree with me..

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Langolier
I'd support experimentation on human volunteers, provided they new what was going to happen. OR knew the possibilities of what could happen. But seing as that is illegal, I have no problem performing neccessary experiments on animals.

exactly why would they experiment if they knew exactly what was going to happen/knew what they were looking for???

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer
dont believe it? didnt click the link before? heres a real article

eesc.orst.edu...

The guy call vegan ''buttholes'' with his article writen by oregon state university (read about their electro-ejaculation experiments on monkey... and other useless cruel techniques...

/''A former primate technician caught this painful procedure, electro-ejaculation, on hidden video. Technicians strap down male monkeys and shock their penises to obtain sperm for reproduction experiments. It was discovered through human torture. At OHSU's Primate Research Center, it happens almost every day.

Jaws, monkey #14609, the 21-year-old rhesus macaque depicted here, is a long time veteran of this procedure and his penis has been shocked hundreds of times.''/

couple of links for u forsakenwayfarer

www.boycottohsu.com...
www.nocompromise.org...
www.nocompromise.org...
www.vivisectioninfo.org...
... i'll stop here.. maybe too ignorent and narrow minded to be able to read that anyways.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 10:27 PM
link   
from what i can gather, this procedure all of your sites deem to be so horrible and unfair is actually quite painless. ejaculation without orgasm is the only thing it does. no pain. it WAS discovered during human torture because they would arouse a male, and keep him in this state while using the electro-whateveritscalled over, and over, and over. in the end all he wanted was release.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 11:22 PM
link   
i would like to see them shock ur dick(head) hundred times while ur strapped on a chair and put u back in ur small cage for years day after day u scumfreak. Thanks to alf for that raid and if u know a place they test on animals, just tell me i'll break in. (not in the states though cause i'm bared 'till 2007. But i don't mind cause i hate amerikkka

sorry for that lack of unconditionnal love but sometimes
MAN IS THE BASTARD

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 12:34 PM
link   
learn to spell tard. then maybe people will take your halfassed views seriously. i have no problems with sacrificing a few animals for the benefit of quite literally millions of people. losers who value animal life more than their fellow man should be thrown out into the wilds to live with them.

edit: a swear word i used got through the filter, wanted to fix that.

[Edited on 15-11-2003 by forsakenwayfarer]

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 04:35 PM
link   
granted we should be more humane with the treatment of animals, but i feel no sympathy to the cause that we should discontinue any animal experimentation, on the basis that we could find cures for diseases that otherwise would continue to ravage the population. my grandfather, shortly before he died, could not even tell that my father was his son. i watched my grandmother as she couldnt even tell who I was. and to think assholes like you could be the very reason that i never got to see my grandfather, he died before i was born. i think that a few monkeys are worth the lives of human beings. get your #ing priorities straight.

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer
granted we should be more humane with the treatment of animals, but i feel no sympathy to the cause that we should discontinue any animal experimentation, on the basis that we could find cures for diseases that otherwise would continue to ravage the population. my grandfather, shortly before he died, could not even tell that my father was his son. i watched my grandmother as she couldnt even tell who I was. and to think assholes like you could be the very reason that i never got to see my grandfather, he died before i was born. i think that a few monkeys are worth the lives of human beings. get your #ing priorities straight.

it seems that you have a serious problem with what people have to say here on this site way are you here go some where else and do your name calling the only asshole i see is the person that go calling people asshols it a bad thing to bagging out other members becuse they post what they you think get lost

top topics

<<   2 >>

join