It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are Heaven and Hell to you?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
as usual Ill present you with a slightly different mind set. For me heaven and hell would be one in the same because it lasts an eternity.

Certain things are only a bliss to us because we dont get to experience them always, and we have the occasional kick in the ass from the down side(problems). If I never had a bad day, I cant say I ever had a good day either then.

I love every bad moment of life I get. Ive had alot of bad things happen to me growing up poor and such, but I can tell you that I wouldn't regret one second of it. You need your constant reminders, those ass kicking from reality, to make sure you appriciate what you have over time. If heaven is a constant state of problem free happiness, Id go nuts, and the feeling would dull over time, to the point where there simply is nothing to be happy about. You forget what you have because you never see the other side of the fence.

So to me and afterlife is "hell" whether I go to heaven or not, because unless it has its ups and downs, it will go from happy to ok to dull to depression because lack of feeling. Why do you think rich people end up spending a bunch of money on drugs? Because they want to feel something. Money solves most of their problems, and if they have no family problems, they dont really have any problems. Life gets dull and they turn to drugs, I see it happen.

So yea, theres my side. That this life is a greater gift then any afterlife.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
heaven would be a never ending orgasmic feeling imo if it was to exist.

hell?

uhh

I guess jet skiing on a lake of fire and having luau's with satan

Lysergic, I must say you are very funny. Is comedy only an earth-thing, or is it acceptable in Heaven or Hell, both or neither? Who loves and/or hates comedy more, God or Satan?

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
I believe part of each are experienced here on earth. In the afterlife, I believe that each is magnified but not always. In the afterlife, I believe that Heaven is extremely ecstatic and blissful, while Hell is extremely tormented and painful. Can we experience ecstasy and torment at the same time? Is the pleasure/pain ratio for each being always a constant or is it a variable? If it is a variable, how long does it take for the average being to even out? If life is not about feeling good, then what is it for? My belief is that any being would accept pain not for pain itself but only with the expectation that pleasure will enter his/her life. Is life more ecstatic or tormented? I believe the answer rests in learning more about God and what He experiences in life. Have we ever known this or will we ever know this?

I am interested in all opinion, especially from Esoteric Teacher and queenannie38, two gifted poets. My mind works much more with numbers than words.

Too bad hell and heaven don't exist. Two words. Are you ready for em?? SCARE TACTICS! Created by the government for the government. Hell does not exist and neither does heaven! That is what I love about life. I know that if I hate this life, who gives?! I can always have a better one in my next life.

Also everyone on Earth chose their name. Not liking your own name is do to multi-personality. Not Multi-pers-disorder but just multi-personality. Bascially they can't control which one is "on" at any time. So sometimes they say things that other personalities don't mean. Hard to explain.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
I believe part of each are experienced here on earth. In the afterlife, I believe that each is magnified but not always. In the afterlife, I believe that Heaven is extremely ecstatic and blissful, while Hell is extremely tormented and painful. Can we experience ecstasy and torment at the same time? Is the pleasure/pain ratio for each being always a constant or is it a variable? If it is a variable, how long does it take for the average being to even out? If life is not about feeling good, then what is it for? My belief is that any being would accept pain not for pain itself but only with the expectation that pleasure will enter his/her life. Is life more ecstatic or tormented? I believe the answer rests in learning more about God and what He experiences in life. Have we ever known this or will we ever know this?

I am interested in all opinion, especially from Esoteric Teacher and queenannie38, two gifted poets. My mind works much more with numbers than words.

Too bad hell and heaven don't exist. Two words. Are you ready for em?? SCARE TACTICS! Created by the government for the government. Hell does not exist and neither does heaven! That is what I love about life. I know that if I hate this life, who gives?! I can always have a better one in my next life.

Also everyone on Earth chose their name. Not liking your own name is do to multi-personality. Not Multi-pers-disorder but just multi-personality. Bascially they can't control which one is "on" at any time. So sometimes they say things that other personalities don't mean. Hard to explain.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Is the best mathematics, physics, chemistry, engineering, and biology in Heaven, Hell, or on the earth? If on the earth, is it because these subjects are not needed in Heaven or Hell?

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Which earth-religion is most favored in Heaven? In Hell? Are there new Heaven-based or Hell-based religions we must learn when we enter either? Or are there no religions in Heaven and Hell? But would not Seraphim have a different "religion" than Archangels?

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Which of the following living places, in any combination, are required for Life to Exist?

1) Heaven, but not earth or Hell.
2) Heaven and earth, but not Hell.
3) Heaven and Hell, but not earth.
4) Earth, but not Heaven or Hell.
5) Earth and Hell, but not Heaven.
6) Hell, but not Heaven or earth.
7) Heaven, earth, and Hell.
8) None of the three.

I choose 1, as God always has and always will Love Life!!!

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I would go with number 4 great. There doesnt need to be either for life to exist. Keep in mind the way you word things though, because I am answering your question right. You said life, and the only thing a living thing needs is a physical place to live, earth.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   
gps777,
thanks. To the poster who cited Luke 23 I'd like to point out that in the Hebrew text there are no punctuation marks. "And (Jesus) said unto (the thief) verily I say unto thee this day with me shalt thou be in paradise. Add the comma, if you must, after the word "day" and re-read the sentence. It will become clearer. Christ did not promise the man that he would be in paradise with Christ THAT day-and, in fact, Christ was not in paradise that day. He promised that day that the thief EVENTUALLY would be in paradise with Christ. Any and all verses that SEEM to point to consciousness after death or any sort of afterLIFE can be explained in light of clear scripture. Pick a verse, any verse regarding life after death and it can be shown from other scripture to be consistent with the concept of death/lack of awareness/lack of consciousness repeatedly mentioned in the Bible.

There are 3 types of beings in the universe: 1) Divine (immortal-can't die), 2) spirit beings (angels. mortal. can die or be killed but have unusually long life spans.), 3) earthly beings (humans, animals, etc. mortal. can and do die and have much shorter life spans). The Father is Divine and, because of his obedience "unto death", Christ has been rewarded with divinity. This is a reward promised to the elect "who loved not their (soul) life unto death". Not all believers can/will achieve this reward because "straight is the path and narrow is the way and few there be that find it".

Humans were made "a little lower than the angels" but one big advantage that we have that they don't is a promise of resurrection. The lake of fire was prepared for Satan and his followers (not human beings). In the end even death will be destroyed. There will be no more death. The angels are around G_D all the time and know fully well that He exists and the consequences of disobedience. Humans have been deceived and deluded. When Satan is bound for 1000 years and all the worlds' dead are resurrected (won't be all at once, btw.) then human beings will be given the chance to live the way we were originally meant to live. If, after a sufficient amount of time, the willfully disobedient refuse to receive instruction, they will be destroyed (that is the second death from which there is no return). The obedient, while not sharing in the promised reward of divinity, will still have a pretty groovy existence here on earth (the Kingdom) so there is much to look forward to and to be thankful for.

Hell, like purgatory and many other false doctrines, is a RCC contrivance. What a slap in the face of the Almighty to malign his good nature, name and character with such an evil doctrine! G_D is not willing that ANY should perish but that all should come to repentence.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Hell-eternal seperation from God(more than we can imagine).

Heaven-Living in God's presence eternally(more than we can imagine).

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Why can't you see!!!!! Chrisitiantity is mind control!!!!! OMG! The bible is real and Jesus is a great teacher! Actually only part of the bib is real, the rest was created by the government for mind control! God exists. But the truth is a mix between scientology and Jewish. Plus occarding to you, how is Christ Godly if he is an eartly being!!! Heloooo! He is not!!! He just knew a lot about what is right and wrong. But everything he supposedly "said" about sin is as false as Lee Harvey Oswald!! And that's false ****!

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human Defense
Why can't you see!!!!! Chrisitiantity is mind control!!!!! OMG!

Christianity is mind renewal/regeneration of your mind.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Good for you dbrandt!

What many worldly people don't want to admit is that there is such a thing as sin and that it does have a consequence-death. HumanDefense is it "mind-control" to foster and guide and unfold your children into becoming decent adult human beings? Of course not. It's good parenting. Our Father has gone out of His way to be a good parent to us. He has His reward with Him but for those who refuse instruction and correction, He also has punishment. I don't like to dwell on the punishment aspect but basically, if you want to avoid the fruit of sin-stay out of the orchard.

There is a lot of new-age, feel-good propaganda out there that says to just "be a good person", etc. but "there is a way that seems right to a man but the ends thereof are death". We DO need to be renewed in our mind and also to "trust in YHWH with all (our) heart and lean not unto (our) own understanding."

Heaven is YHWH's throne and earth is His footstool. "Hell" (the lake of fire concept) was not even meant for us human beings but for Satan and his followers. "Hell" (the literal meaning of a pit or grave) is the fate of all of us when we die. We will all have to die ONCE but not necessarily a second time. "It is appointed unto man once to die and after that, the judgment." "He that overcomes shall in nowise be injured by reason of the second death." (Rev. 2:11) Also, see Revelation 20: 4-6 for information about the second death (which is final).

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join