It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are Heaven and Hell to you?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I believe part of each are experienced here on earth. In the afterlife, I believe that each is magnified but not always. In the afterlife, I believe that Heaven is extremely ecstatic and blissful, while Hell is extremely tormented and painful. Can we experience ecstasy and torment at the same time? Is the pleasure/pain ratio for each being always a constant or is it a variable? If it is a variable, how long does it take for the average being to even out? If life is not about feeling good, then what is it for? My belief is that any being would accept pain not for pain itself but only with the expectation that pleasure will enter his/her life. Is life more ecstatic or tormented? I believe the answer rests in learning more about God and what He experiences in life. Have we ever known this or will we ever know this?

I am interested in all opinion, especially from Esoteric Teacher and queenannie38, two gifted poets. My mind works much more with numbers than words.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Do atoms or molecules exist in Heaven and Hell? Do force particles? Or are their only Spiritual particles never experienced by any human, animal, or plant in the history of the world? I would answer no to the first two questions, and yes to the third question. Nobody here on earth can prove it but this is where my faith has led me to this point.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Are the sizes of Heaven and Hell of limited capacity? Do their capacities change over time? Or are both of Infinite size?

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Can Heaven exist by itself? Can Hell exist by itself? Or do both require that the other exist?

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I've never had one doubt in God or Heaven until I saw the movie "The Island". Just the thought of that ending up being our reality would piss me off to no end. To make it short it's basically about science being able to clone and rebirth someone so they can use the body parts on the clone to live longer. They make all of the clones believe that they survived a contamination, and that there is a contest and whoever wins gets to go to the Island. www.blockbuster.com...

No thoughts on hell really. I don't believe in evil spirits or ghosts or excorsisms.
Crisis

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Have Heaven and Hell always existed? Will both always exist?

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Have Heaven and Hell always existed?

I don't believe in science, so yeah I think heaven and hell have existed since humans walked the earth.

Will both always exist?

For me they will.

Crisis

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I believe it is all in are mind and the way we think. Heaven is what make us feel good or what will make US happy. Hell is everything we regret the thing we don't tell anyone, the thing make hard for you to sleep at night that is hell.

Oh god is in all us. You'll see when the time is right then you see what I'm talking about.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Did Satan create all, part, or none of Hell? Did God create all, part, or none of Hell?

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
No god made hell. Well in the bible anyway. I truly think it is all in our head.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
I believe part of each are experienced here on earth. In the afterlife, I believe that each is magnified but not always. In the afterlife, I believe that Heaven is extremely ecstatic and blissful, while Hell is extremely tormented and painful. Can we experience ecstasy and torment at the same time? Is the pleasure/pain ratio for each being always a constant or is it a variable? If it is a variable, how long does it take for the average being to even out? If life is not about feeling good, then what is it for? My belief is that any being would accept pain not for pain itself but only with the expectation that pleasure will enter his/her life. Is life more ecstatic or tormented? I believe the answer rests in learning more about God and what He experiences in life. Have we ever known this or will we ever know this?

I am interested in all opinion, especially from Esoteric Teacher and queenannie38, two gifted poets. My mind works much more with numbers than words.

I think that the afterlife is what we make of it. If someone is addicted to causing terror or to drinking alcohol or smoking a cigarette in life, so much so that they must do so on a regular basis, these will be their goals for some time in the afterlife. Fortunately for them, I believe that none of these goals are achievable after we die, so they will hopefully eventually overcome these addictions. The time it takes to do so and the state that they are in is what I believe we call hell. It isn't so much a place (though it can be) as it is a state of being. Robert A. Monroe talks a lot about this in Far Journeys. I haven't finished reading his other books yet, but I think we could get a lot of insight from those too. I believe that after we have suffered through whatever addictions we have, there will still be pains, but they will be of a different nature. Our goals will be in helping others and in our own growth, so pain will be our failures and the failures of others after that point.

As far as heaven, that could be whatever you desire. Not necessarily your desires in this life, but whatever your heart truly desires you will receive in heaven. If your desires are evil, I don't think you'll be satisfied with what you get when you die, and your desires will change, even if that means it takes eternity to realize that you won't get any joy from your desires. If your desires are good, then you will get joy, but I don't think we'll constantly be strumming a harp for eternity. Our desires will change, so heaven is actually a changeable state (though the things that heaven can consist of don't change), but always something good.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Do beings in Hell ever experience Heavenly feelings? Do beings in Heaven ever experience Hellish feelings?

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   
This link from the paranormal forum pretty much matches up to what I have been shown. Without Grace we would feel so ashamed to be in God's presence we would turn our back on God to hide our face and look towards the dark, not towards God. We at that point realize everything we have given up and we see all the things God has done to bring us towards him and that we have rejected and then going further into the dark we realize that we are in Hell. Have a look:

www.aglimpseofeternity.org...

STM

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   
The Bible is quite clear on what happens after we die-it's the medieval misinformation that has muddied the waters. "The soul that sinneth, it shall die". "The wages of sin is death" (cessation of life-not life in eternal torment). The old Testament word translated "hell" is sheol (or hades). It literally means a "grave" or "pit". In old English "helling" potatoes just meant putting them in pits. Helling a house meant thatching or covering it.

There is no afterLIFE (in heaven or hell). Satan is still using his first lie to humans: "Thou shall not surely die..." and humans are believing it. When you die, you're dead. There's no consciousness, regret, joy, etc. "There is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom in the grave (sheol), whither thou goest"; "in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave (sheol) who shall give thee thanks"; "the grave (sheol) can not praise thee; death cannot celebrate thee" (Ecclesiastes 9:10; Psalms 6:5; Isaiah 38:18) "The dead know not anything"; "the dead praise not the Lord, neither any that go down into silence"; "his sons come to honor and he knoweth it not, and they are brought low but he perceiveth it not of them". Abraham and Israel in sheol are "ignorant of us". (Eccl. 9:5; Psalms 115:17; Job 14:21; Isa. 63:16) The soul is not eternal or immortal-it CAN die or be destroyed.

Satan has deceived many into believing that the dead are not really dead, but that at death they live on, and, without waiting for the resurrection day, go directly into heaven or into eternal torment which is in contradiction to God's word. If the penalty for sin had been eternal torment, Jesus would be suffering an eternity of torment to pay our debt. The Bible says "the man Christ Jesus gave himself a ransom (a corresponding price) for all (Adam and his race), to be testified in due time" (1Timothy 2:4-6). Since the wages of sin is death (cessation of any sort of life), "Christ died for our sins," He tasted death for every man; and He "was raised from the dead".

The good news is that eventually "all that are in the graves shall hear his (Jesus') voice and shall come forth" (John 5:28-29); when sheol or hades delivers up all who "sleep" ( a biblical term used to refer to the dead-good and bad), sheol (hades) will cease to exist forever. "oh grave (sheol) I will be thy destruction". None can come forth until Jesus calls them in the resurrection awakening at His second advent when the apostle Paul and others receive their crowns of life and rewards.

God's justice forbids His exacting a greater penalty than the one He declared-death. He told Israel that torturing children with fire in Molech worship was an abomination which never came into His mind. (see Leviticus 18:21; 20:2-5; Jeremiah 19:5; 32:34, 35) "Shall mortal man be more pure than his maker? Far be it from God that he should do wickedness" (Job 4:17; 34:10) Even mortal man wouldn't think of torturing a living thing in fire (unless they were totally psychotic).

As for heaven the bible says "No man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven". (John 3:13; Acts 2:34)

According to the Bible, after death we don't LIVE ON as "pure energy", "re-incarnated souls", etc. When we die we don't LIVE in any way, shape or form.

There will be a resurrection of all souls good and bad during which time we will all have the opportunity (and duty) to learn how we are supposed to live. "Judgment", in Biblical terms, is not just a sentencing but a time of trial, reprimand, proving. There are many who have died without so much as ever hearing the name of Jesus. They will be given a chance. Only the fully informed who remain willfully disobedient will "taste of the second death". Like Satan and his fallen followers, if those resurrected ones still refuse to obey the Father's will, they will cease to exist. It will be as though they never were. It is both a merciful and just judgment.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Here's a few scriptures I found and also some comments from a biblical site, please note the passages dealing with conscious existence after death and also Jesus's words to the thief on the cross.

1 Peter 3:18-20a: For Christ also suffered for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, in order to bring you to God. He was put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit, in which also he went and made a proclamation to the spirits in prison, who in former times did not obey . . .

The "imprisoned spirits" may be understood in the sense of evil spirits secluded or hiding from the presence and judgment of God. Thus Christ's proclamation brings them out into the open and brings them into submission, much like Philippians 2:10. This interpretation is supported by the statement in 1 Peter 3:22, which states that Christ received the submission of angels, authorities, and powers. The proclamation made is that death has been conquered in Jesus' resurrection.

Jesus confirmed that Sheol has two regions in Luke 16:19-31 that "Sheol" is a place of conscious existence after death, one side of which is occupied by the suffering, unrighteous dead, separated by a great chasm and the other side peopled by the righteous dead. In the New Testament "Hades" on the other hand is also considered to be the same region of the departed souls of the lost and corresponds to "Sheol".

"And Jesus said unto him [the thief on the cross, who knew who Jesus was and believed that he was forgiven], Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise." (Luke 23:43)

STM

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 01:57 AM
link   
The Bible has been changed and re-written too much for me to believe. I started reading it 4 months ago and I quit on the 17th page.
Crisis

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   
whitewave that was a really informative post on the subject.

Nice work i learnt a lot from it and WATS to you.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 06:40 AM
link   
heaven would be a never ending orgasmic feeling imo if it was to exist.

hell?

uhh

I guess jet skiing on a lake of fire and having luau's with satan

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I believe that Earth, here and now, is Hell.

Heaven is our hopes and dreams come true.

I knew this one guy who said 'Heaven-o' when answering the phone instead of 'hello' because he didn't want to be reminded that he was in Hell.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I say this universe we live in now is hell, full of cruel rules and limiations. This world is controlled by Satan and soon he will dissapair seens hes creation is collapsing (this universe). When that happens everyone who stand by good and love will go to the true reality where only love, purity and so on exsist. (i'm not religious ok?
). In this universe there are only two kinds of beings. Divine and demonic, we humans are divine beings that belong to the Light, but has been trapped in darkness by Darkness(aka Satan). The true divine god does not punish, or tests it's creation, the Light loves. Only and Evil can do that. This is something many religions have messed up in my opinion

Added: Just want to mention that evil is false and isn't needed for good to exsist, those who believe that evil and good combined is balance, it is not! Evil is an error, and it must be corrected! (which hopefully will do very soon)

[edit on 12-11-2006 by InSaneTK]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join