It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cnn censor outing of republican ken mehlman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 04:11 AM
link   
whilst being interviewed by larry king, bill maher outed the republican national committee chairman ken mahlman and said he would also name on friday some other closet gays including some very high up republicans including chiefs of staff. however, when the program was repeated later, they edited out all mention of ken mehlman.

cnn also ordered youtube to withdraw the original video from their site.

story

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
While I think it's the height of hypocricy for a gay person to fight against gay rights, I think it should be a personal decision to out one's self. I don't agree with forced outing. After all, it is possible to be gay and not support gay rights. Not bloody likely, but possible.

Politics suck.

And I do think Mehlman's gay. He's just totally slimy about it (among other things)...

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
OK, let's hunt down the gays! Make them admit it! If they don't admit it, let's burn them at the stake!

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Wow! Didn't mean to be a thread-killer.

I suspect that certain members of ATS are gay. They need to out themselves immediately, or we can find some way to alert the media about it, and out them on national TV without their consent.

I'm waiting!

Disclaimer: Isn't this exactly what the Democrats are doing to Republicans?

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
What????

Nobody wants to join the Democrats in a little gay bashing?

Let's join the Democrats and demand that all closeted gays come out right now!

But being gay is a good thing. Right? So let's embarrass the heck out of anyone who is not ready to come out. Let's inform the media! Let's hound them until they confess!

Does anyone see the hypocrisy?

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

When it comes to people who make their careers on discriminating against gay people, when they are in fact gay themselves, then yeah they should be outed.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nihilist Fiend

When it comes to people who make their careers on discriminating against gay people, when they are in fact gay themselves, then yeah they should be outed.

Am I just to take your word on this, or do you have examples?

Confess yourself gay, or we will burn you at the stake!

Sounds like the Witch hunts to me!

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Am I just to take your word on this, or do you have examples?

For instance look up David Dreier

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I think they should be outed because of all the laws and protections these days they should have nothing to fear from it. Furthermore, gays in high positions should be outed if they don't come out themselves because I want to know what their potential political biases are. I also want to know what a person's heritage and religion are too.

top topics

join