It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're gonna love this dog!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Maybe some of you have seen him before.
What a smart dog!
He's been on the tonight show, animal planet, and has performed all over the place.

It's the story of "Skidboot". And his best friend.

Check it out..

The story of Skidboot

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Hey Thanks Spacedoubt, I hadn't seen this before...

Amazing really when you think about it. Most people seem happy enough if they can get their dogs to sit and shake a paw let alone lead a full grown horse to another person, understand voice commands and god only knows how many words...

Pretty cool. I need to spend more time training my cat

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I know what you mean..
It's almost as if this dog could understand complete sentences, and numbers.

I'd love to have a natural like that..

Bit of a tear jerker at the end, don't you think?

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
yeah it was sad...wonder if the dog's died already? The owner had some pups he was working with...maybe a another wonder dog in the litter somewhere.

My cat has a large understanding of vocabulary...but cats are quite different attitudinally than dogs HA HA...it took weeks to get my cat to act on the commands"sit pretty" and "sit"...no food rewards though he does tricks for love

My sister's dog used to answer the phone whenever it rang...but it also went kinda weird to the alarm clock and the doorbell.I think it was just neurotic as opposed to genuine intelligence like the dog in the story

I love stories like that
Wonder how much of it is "connection" based? Would the dog have had the same kinds of responses if he'd had a different owner who tried to train him?

The owner obviously loved the dog and I think that may have been a huge part in training the dog too.

new topics

top topics

join