It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cop on a power trip? no way!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
first things first: i'm going to be honest, i am really not approaching this from an unbiased view. i'm only going by what i see.
and all i know is that if there were some elephant of a cop sitting on my neck, i'd be struggling with him too.

this was caught on tape in L.A.:
/yeh9x7

i think you'll need windows media player for that one. if it still doesn't work, go to
bbcnews.com...
and visit the "Video and Audio News" section

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I hope his IA unit sticks it to him. He had the suspect in the T2 position there was no need to punch him repeatedly.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Seem's alot of the good cops have to shut up and put up with the sick sub-culture that springs up from the ranks.

Recently in my town there was a report on sexism and racism in the force, many of the officers of color and females anonymously complained of its systemic nature.

Many older, wiser officers had retired and a whole new batch of young Rambo's had been hired, eager to burn out the tires on their souped up cars and play tough.

When my daughter was 17, she had an idiosyncratic siezure. The doctor could find no physical cause. Tox screens were negative. Apparently it's fairly common among females of that age group. Could be hormone related.

I called 911, the paramedics showed up first and were working on her. I had laid her on the floor on her side and they took over. Just then a young criminal with a badge showed up and pushed the paramedics away.

She was postictal and couldn't hear or see what was being said or done. He roughly grabbed her arms from behind her back and yelled -
"Sit up or I'll cuff ya, I'll cuff ya", while he tried to pull her up.

Noone in my house has a criminal record. The paramedics looked aghast and frozen with shock. Of course, the poor child couldn't respond.

Quick thinking mom could see his frustration -
"Let's search her room." That gave him something to feel officious about. Nothing was found.

The paramedics said I wasn't allowed to drive in the ambulance with them.

I asked the cop for a ride, he said - "Only criminals ride in my car."

He was the only one in the car.

Would have been different with a man in a suit around, instead of 20 years of slander from the ex-scoundrel.

I knew better than to file a complaint.

[edit on 10-12-2006 by clearwater]

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure i would be struggling too if "anyone" had their knee across my throat. It's basic human instinct to struggle when you can't breath!

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Cops all suck. There are good ones, but if they're truly good they should get a different job. If they truly want to help society, they should become firefighters. Those are the real heros.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by southern_cross3
Cops all suck. There are good ones, but if they're truly good they should get a different job. If they truly want to help society, they should become firefighters. Those are the real heros.

I'm not sure I would go that far. Yes, there are bad cops. But most of them are just doing their job. They enforce the laws that legislature makes. I'm sure there are plenty of cops that don't enjoy busting 16 year old kids smoking a joint, etc. Some people put to much blame on police for enforcing the laws they don't believe in. The issue here is officers that enforce the law in a violent manner.

I noticed the BBC "had" to mention that the cops were worried the assailant might try to grab for their guns. More anti gun propaganda from our European friends maybe? I have to admit there are some inner city areas in the U.S. where if I was a cop, I would take NO chances when apprehending a criminal. Now, resting my knee across a guys throat and punching repeatedly wouldn't be something I would do. But I may be a little more physical if I didn't know what a criminals mindset was.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
In my life ive only had a view run ins with the police ,3 to be exact .2 for underage drinking ,1 was for posesion (sp?) of Hashish,Both times i was let away , And both times they have made me throw away the drugs/alchohal myself while they watched witch was fair enough i suppose

So i myself have no bad judgements about the police ,But i do know there is heavy power abusing in the force,iam just thankful its not round my parts

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
You got very lucky. Those cops could have locked you up.

Doesn't it bother you that cops are the enforcers of unjust laws? For example, the underage drinking law. The U.S. drinking age is ridiculously high for a modern, responsible society. It ought to be, at most, eighteen. I wouldn't mind seeing it dropped altogether. Therefore, the law is unjust. It is, essentially, age discrimination. How can the government tell you you're not responsible enough to drink alcohol at age eighteen, yet you're somehow responsible enough to decide to join the military, then fight and possibly die in a war?

That got a little off-topic, but my basis for disliking all police is because I believe many laws to be wrong, therefore I naturally dislike those that seem to be supporting those laws. Drugs, alcohol, those are just some examples. It's true that police may only do their job, but in that case, why not do a different job? Like I said, become a firefighter. That's a job where you truly help people, never have to lock up an innocent person, never have to apprehend someone for breaking a law that shouldn't exist in the first place, and contribute to the community. In return, firefighters are respected, while cops are at the very least minorly disliked, even if only when you're driving fast on the freeway. I don't think anyone jumps for joy when they see a cop.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Doesn't it bother you that cops are the enforcers of unjust laws? For example, the underage drinking law. The U.S. drinking age is ridiculously high for a modern, responsible society. It ought to be, at most, eighteen. I wouldn't mind seeing it dropped altogether. Therefore, the law is unjust. It is, essentially, age discrimination. How can the government tell you you're not responsible enough to drink alcohol at age eighteen, yet you're somehow responsible enough to decide to join the military, then fight and possibly die in a war?

If you don't like the laws then work towards changing the system. Contact your elected officials and press them to change the laws you feel are irrelevant. If that doesn't work gather enough signatures from registered voters to force the issue to a general vote. That is how our system works ... that's the way medical marijuana became legalized here in California.

That got a little off-topic, but my basis for disliking all police is because I believe many laws to be wrong, therefore I naturally dislike those that seem to be supporting those laws. Drugs, alcohol, those are just some examples. It's true that police may only do their job, but in that case, why not do a different job? Like I said, become a firefighter. That's a job where you truly help people, never have to lock up an innocent person, never have to apprehend someone for breaking a law that shouldn't exist in the first place, and contribute to the community. In return, firefighters are respected, while cops are at the very least minorly disliked, even if only when you're driving fast on the freeway. I don't think anyone jumps for joy when they see a cop.

Yeah, become a firefighter ... it's about the only modern day profession where you get paid to sleep all night. I wouldn't say police don't contribute to their community but I guess that's your opinion.

I'm assuming since you think police are a waste of time that if someone stole your car or tried to rob you that you wouldn't call the police to investigate, right? After all the criminals think those laws are wrong so why should the police be there harassing them.

I guess it is all perspective ... Personally I have no reservations upon seeing a police car drive by or show up somewhere. Most police agencies offer ride alongs to citizens .. maybe you should try it once or twice and see what it is like on the other side.

Ex

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Isn't a policeman's job to apprehend....
Not To Punish....
That's the job of the court!!

[edit on 12/07/2006 by Ex]

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I wonder what happens when your car is stolen or your house is robbed, do you still hate the officers then? When your neighborhood has roving gangs and prostitutes on every corner, dont you wish that there was officers there to get rid of them? When you have neighbors that are blasting music at all hours of the night wouldnt you want an officer to make them stop?

Ex

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I really don't think the point is when and if we need policemen!
The answer is definitly YES ....we do!

My problem comes , when the police act as if not only is it their job to apprenhend,
but to punish in doing so.
1) planting false evidence to make a case
2) profiling ... .as in....... Driving While Black
3) extreme behavior like punching , slapping and general
degradtion of a citizen....BEFORE he is found guilty
Which may I add is the job of a COURTROOM

I realize there are some wonderful cops out there....
and that they have the best of intentions........
but seriously tell me. would you turn in a partner
if he did any of the above??

Ex

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   
JamesMcMahn
I know your one of the good ones

Your Here

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex

but seriously tell me. would you turn in a partner
if he did any of the above??

He would be in the Captains office so fast his head would be spinning. I am not the type of person to just sit by and let things slide.

new topics

top topics

join