It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think the Human race is ready for E.T.?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
I really believe aliens have no need to worry about human attacks. I fully believe we are like ants compared to them. Would we be scared about a bunch of ants attacking us? No. We would just take out the bug spray!

You could have something there retinoid.
So lets not provoke them into whipping out the bug spray when they arrive in force.
Maybe if we are nice to them,they won`t kill us all.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I dont believe much at all would happend.. a few would be shocked, wich would probably pass quickly.. some would be like.. yeah we known this all the time..

But also you got to wonder about for instance Tesla's notes on gravity, where did they go.. did the government duplicate these and used them before locking them away.. has there been any usefull research from this.. say triangle shaped or disc shaped anti-gravity crafts or somesuch ??

Like in the beginning of computer chips when the U.S. government had more advanced research than intel going on.. what do we have today ??

Im kind of thinking that not all strange craft sightings is human made even thought a whole bunch of them could posibly be. who knows just wich techs is classified above top secret

And yes I would love to see it on national television or somesuch when a government in the world published absolute proof about extraterestrial intelligent life forms and their vehicles.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I am new on ATS and I would like to share my views on the posted topic.

Firstly I would like to state that saying I believe in UFOs and/or Alien lifeforms would be inappropriate as I am aware these things DO exist based on factual evidence I have acquired in the many years of research I have done.

We are living in a 'modern society' and according to my knowledge of what is yet to unfold post 2006 it would be very likely the goverment will shed some light so to speak on the subject of extra-terrestrial activity.

This is only one factor of the global crisis the public will have to face up to in the coming years. We are living in the begining of the end of the world.

As for the question of will the public be ready, I sincerely hope so because if not, people will be if anything slow to understand what the next course of action may be which will also lead to people acting out the script provided and inforced by the controlling powers.

If you would like to know more about these things of which I speak please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards CYPHER XIII

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
A question to ponder:

What makes people assume that ETs have our best interests in mind and act thereby more than our authorities of Earth-born humans? In the end, leaders on Earth have families and friends who live here and are dependent on the ongoing functioning of society. ETs don't.

The fact that humans can be greedy and flawed does not make ETs intrinsically into angels. By their fruits you shall know them.

The experience of humans who encountered intercontinental-travelling beings of superior technology may be instructive.

There were many benefits, and at least as much pain.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
the answer depends on if the government disclosed the aliens' intentions, either good or bad.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
I don't think there would be a great deal of chaos, the general
public in the civilized world would have no problem, I mean,
as it is 70% of Americans believe that aliens exist, and consi-
dering the rest of the civilized world would'nt have a problem
with it either.

I think the only people who would have a problem with it are
the extremeist factions of the abrahamic religions.
[edit on 11/10/2006 by iori_komei]

I politely disagree.

There are only (2) important questions in life:

Is there a God ?

Does life exist elsewhere, outside the Earth ?

If it was proven that E.T. exist, it will shatter our belief system, especially if these other beings (more advanced than us), tell us quite blank, that all of our Gods that we believe in (Jesus, Mohamed, Bouddha, etc.) are pure bogus. The real one (with proof) is there (or none at all).

It this was the news, there will be life on earth, before that fact, and life on earth after, believe me.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Sure it is. We face this kind of things everyday, why woudn't we handle ETss visiting us?

Diseases, wars, new technologies. We are never ready to face these things, they just enter our lives without even ask, it's just the natural course.

If they really exist be sure, they're going to pop-up sometime.
Won't be easy, people are going to get mad, start running out the street thinking they're making 'Independence Day 2', but, we'll get used to it as always.
Well, at least I'm looking forward to it.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by probedbygrays
But our world does not have real hard proof that aliens are real. Non believers can still mock us all and they have the hardcore scientific community to back them up. Even an owner of this site called the ufo section 'crap' in a recent podcast I believe. There's just no cold hard proof that aliens exist. Ufo's are not proof of aliens either I believe.

So videos of ufos or government and official testimonies mean very little and are not conclusive proof that aliens are here. In fact I believe they are disinformation designed to lead people away from the aliens that are already here.
[edit on 12-11-2006 by probedbygrays]

It is sad that leadership lets down those that follows it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again that proof is out there and there is enough of it for people with open minds. Most people will need their own personal experience to believe and even then half of those people will chose to not believe. They will pass off their experience as a halucination or some such thing.

If it means ufo's landing on the white house front yard on national TV and the president bounding out to greet them then those deluded people have not understood what is going on nor alluded to in these many thousand pages on this website: the current human elite are in cahoots with a negative alien force to ensure a new form of slavery over the rest of humanity.

People who don't believe are both useful and not useful to aliens: those that do not believe are used by the negatives to sow dissention and confusion among the ranks of uninformed humans. Believers can be also used by the 'negatives' to delude humans or they may be contacted by the 'positives' in aid of humanity that does not want enslavement.

Slave drivers of course like our present system as it suits them well.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
are we ready for aliens??

no, we're hardly capable of living with other humans that are of a different race without some problems arising, imagine what will happen if we're told "oh btw aliens exist, they've been visiting here in secret for some time and they're here to say a few words" *hands over to alien ambassador*?

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I think humans will get along together when they want to and need to. We are being forced to now by the unseen hand and it is causing resentment. Maybe ex-president Reagan was correct that external threats help cause unity among divided people.

But the NWO knows all about that don't they?

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
Hello, hilroy, and welcome to ATS.

That is a very good question indeed. I tend to agree with you that we are not ready. Asking it in this forum, I'm sure there are many who will say that they are, mainly because they have considered it as they've read the hundreds of threads here and elsewhere. But, I still think it's a good question here, simply because those same members can now turn their attention on humanity at large and determine what the impact would be on them.

The first to be impacted would be governments, who for so many centuries have had to contend only with other governments on Earth, but now must consider how they should react to an alien race.

Second would be corporations, for if the alien culture was more advanced, they would be scrambling to keep some semblance of 'market share' when everyone wants the products that the aliens may be willing to provide.

As for individuals, well...I can only speak for myself, but I knbow my little world view would be dramatically altered.

And, lastly, on religions... I don't belong to any one of them, so I'll leave that for those who do.

I think you are forgetting the most obvious one. Imagine the race between Letterman, Leno, Oprah, Martha Stewart, Ricki Lake, Jerry Springer, et all. They would go absolutely nuts trying to be the first one to have an actual living, talking alien on their respective shows.

On a more serious note. Looking through this thread I get the general feeling that Hollywood has made a huge impact on us. Which definately is no surprise. Among the threads I can clearly see the plots of almost all movies with aliens in the that has been made. I for one do not believe that Hollywood has a sinister plan to condition us for the meeting with aliens. Their motive is simpler than that; cash. We like to be entertained. Many people like movies about aliens. Hollywood fills the need.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   
probed and riot good posts.

Earth is to be for everyone with no boundries. Money has to be done away with and everyone is to work as a whole to help one another. Education needs to be changed, to have a test on who was President and when is not important... but to learn how to appreciate your enviroment and care for fellow humans is.

We can continue to serve and make the elite rich while they destroy our soil, water and air or we can wake up and change. Our survival depends on only a few things clean air to breathe, safe foods, clothing and shelter.

We need to show love/respect for one another.

Does it matter if we win a war? If the money spent destroying/killing was used to feed, clothe, heal and show respect for all religions maybe the Earth would have the contact it seeks with other life forms.

I can see some change but it isn't fast enough.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Who says they are here? Or for that matter, if they have ever been here?
What proof do we have? Grainy vids, Testimonies that dont mean anything in the real world, supposed people in the know that tell us wonderful things, and most people
(outside of this site) just give a collective shrug. Is that the reasoning behind us
believing that we are not alone(on this planet)?

And yeh the comeback i will get, is that i want them to appear in my backyard. And
while this maybe true, I would settle for any type of evidence/proof that wakes the
whole world up, not just on conspiracy websites.

As for us being ready, ready for what? Being told everthing we thought about ourselves
was goin to change tenfold? That the world would suffer a complete upheavel in all walks of life?

there would be mass hysteria simple as that.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I say we are ready for them 2 come peacefully or in state of war

Excuse me? If anyone agrees with the above quote than I have some bad news for you. You are either delusional or very egotistical or probably a very serious combination of both.

As for the people who still don't believe there is enough evidence to validate the existence of UFOs being intelligently controlled machines, well you need to look farther than one forum on the internet. ATS is a great start and certainly fun place to find people who have similar interests, but there is a wealth of really great information on the topic (of UFOs).

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
yea aint ready i mean with all the war stuff you see goin around c'mon we can't be ready i mean we need to unite and be one cuz if we are a team then it'll be harder fo people or alien what ever they plan i don't know but what ever it is we can face we just have to unit. And as of right now we aren't there we aren't really ready for it. If all the countries came together we can achieve a lot.

Ram

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Is the human race ready for E.T contact?

--------------------------
First we will see them on the skies.

I think the human race is ready - but - IS OUR GOVERNMENT's ready?

I think not.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by hilroy
What do you think would happen if it was on the news stating aliens are real?

Very Bad Things.

Consider what happens to indigenous populations when they come into contact with human populations with advanced technology. Even long afterwards. Now consider that those problems would be amplified many fold, becuase they'd be inhuman, and have incredibly advanced technology.

After the novelty of the info has worn off, there would be acceptance.

I think that, whatever the initial reaction, that things would get worse as time goes on.

I am new here and this is my way of saying hello aswell

Howdy! Neat topic!

denythestatusquo
I think that one third of the people know they are here and accept it as reality.

The vast majority of teh public does not think that aliens visit the earth in spacecraft.
I do think though that many people realize that its iextremely likely that there is alien life on other planets. Whether there is intelligent life, its up for debate with the public.

funky monk
but i think that i would be relativly be the same as dgtempe as i am a christian

I am surprised that the religious here are thinking it wouldn't be much of a problem for them. If anything, it should be a big problem for them.
Where is there mention of other planets in christianity? Where is there talk of jesus dying for alien sins? For the bible to leave out the vast majority of existence like that, it'd be quite the statement that its just the blatherings of local humans.
And, what happens if the aliens have their own religion? Surely it'd spread on earth, at the cost of native religions. Just like when christianity came into contact with the new world. There aren't really many practioners of the native religions. Christianity could very well become like that. Or what if the aliens, with their advanced technology, are able to explain the things that humans can't, and that humans insert 'god' into? Many people look to quantum mechanics and the like, as 'strange happenings' that can be used to explain the existence of god, what happens if/when alien tech utterly refutes that?
Any aliens visiting earth are going to influence things by the sheer fact that they are so advanced, and also by probably by virtue of having more persuasive arguments and solutions.

riotcoming
Ordinary people are no longer afraid to speak openly about these things and not feel ridiculed.

All that means is that its popular. A fad like the pogo stick, hoola hoop, or britany spears.

lady of the lake
. The only reason those in power don't talk about it is that their power would be somewhat diminished if they admiited that aliens exist.

if aliens are visiting earth, and ahve been for a while, but the public doesn't know, its because both theey and the government don't want people to know. If they both choose to do so, then people will realize that the aliens have been working with the governments for along while. That'd be in the favour of the government, that these advanced beings are choosing to work with them.
And, if the aliens want to make the transition easier on humans, they'd have to try to keep local insitutions together, they'd have to tell people that their governements are good and should be listened too. Just like when the europeans would come to the new world, they didn't try to work with the lay people, they backed the local BTOs. It'd strengthen them. Short of causing collapse or causing a global permanent psychological depression, it'd be in the government's favour to reveal alien contact.

artsee
most people have become numb to shocking news

Thats a sign of apathy, not of a well developed and cosmopolitan psyche, able to resist true shock.
Just look at what happens to people when something shocking occurs to them, not what happens when they see or hear it happened to other people. Americans can sit back without flinching over an earthquake in Iran, but flood new orleans, and its devastation. Its years later and we still don't know what the heck to do. Prepare for a planet wide state of mind like that.

justgeneric
I agree with masqua...big business would have a heart attack!!

Unless, of course, the aliens are capitalists. Or even if they are in some bizzare 'our tech is so advanced we don't use money' kind of state, that doesn't mean that they're going to tell us to give up money. They might even try to reinforce those local powerstructures.
And if they just give us all their tech, why would anyone really care? Whats bill gates got to loose if we get super-near-magical-technology that can give him everything he ever wanted? At worst, its 'no change' for him. The corporate types arent' going to be angry that everyone else is living the good life in addition to them. And if the aliens reveal somethign to us that makes everyone realise that what we think is the good life is really empty and bad, then why wouldn't the people in the corporate world also be convinced by it?
Afterall, the most powerful and influential humans will be like ants to even the lowest of the aliens. We tend to think of them as powerful, but they're not special, they're going to react like everyone else. Here on earth, we have a narrow view, our limits are the limits of humanity. If aliens pop up, we're going to start seeing that all humans are pretty much alike.
If they are in direct competition with the corporations in the market, then yeah, it'd be a problem for the corportations. But I doubt that aliens came here to sell us lazer-toasters.

Personally, I'd be cool with it. My kid however would likely hyperventilate and curl up into a little ball of denial...same with many of my friends.

Not to knock you, and many people here have said that they think they'd be the ones to handle it better than other people. But lets think for a moment. This board is populated by, to a large degree, paranoids. We're all, in a sense, the worst prepared out of anyone to deal with this kind of thing.
Maybe if there was an announcement, we'd be the ones saying 'ha, I told you so. Chill out, its no big deal'. But then as time went on, all our 'conspiracy thought' would be given a far more serious edge to it.
Simply put, if we all, as members of the board, are suspicious about all these conspiracies when there's nothing truly unusual going on, how much worse do we get when something completely alien happens??
I think it might be the peopel on this board and other boards like it that'll be holed up in our basements drinking filtered water and seriously considering if there's any value to wearing tinfoil hats.

selfless
There is no difference between a alien and an apple.

i've never had an apple avoid trying to be eaten.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
fixed quotes

[edit on 13/11/06 by masqua]

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I hope we get disclosure soon or it becomes pretty self-evident that extraterrestrial life exists.

I mean.. hey it may bring about revolution, a lot of death, fear.. but the world for the most part turned out better for a majority of the revolutions. I would rather have a world of revolution.. and destruction.. which would lead to a better understanding of our universe and ourselves then live in this putrid failing materialistic society.. I guess it's just how far you want to go with your life...

... what meaning you want to give your life...

(Go to work everyday.. and come home.. get drunk.. party (its fun
) or (Fight for the betterment of the whole population.. shooting for greater knowledge and progressing in life (personally.. I choose this).

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   
do people really believe that the world government is going to allow aliens here and collapse the economy on them. Who would go back to work after an alien visitation. Who could just return to there day to day humdrum life if aliens visited them.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by enuffsed
do people really believe that the world government is going to allow aliens here and collapse the economy on them. Who would go back to work after an alien visitation. Who could just return to there day to day humdrum life if aliens visited them.

Viva la resistance mi amigo

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join