It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think the Human race is ready for E.T.?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I'm surprised so many think we are ready. I used to think this, but since I have been on ATS, an extremely open minded community, it has actually changed my mind to the opposite.

It seems clear to me that this won't happen on any sort of mass scale and I'm still not convinced it is ever the plan to get here, our own people want to dumb us down, they are letting us be dumbed down, probably because that is what is supposed to happen.

You may well find that as soon as disclosure takes place on such a scale, ten minutes later, six and a half billion souls will be fired across the Universe for a rebirth elsewhere, while Earth has a rest period to recover for the next human inhabitation where the cycle starts over.

But apparently, this theory is incorrect but I don't think it has as many holes as some "truths" that are claimed elsewhere.

The problem with this whole subject is that humans have no real method of measuring how far down the chain we are in this universe and from what I can see, we are pretty low down. Due to Ego, we will never drop our own self importance as a species long enough to give us the vision to understand.

We are not special, sentience allows us to be one step up from the animals we slaughter for fun but who love unequivocably. My dog is more enlightened than most people, perhaps I'll come back as a dog and it will be a step up from this human disease, trapped in this crappy container in this sludge of a dimension.

EDIT: When I posted this, I noticed a banner about killing the zombies, a guy with a baseball bat and blood spattered. Nice. I rest my case, this is entertainment for us. Sick, Sad and very very disappointing.

[edit on 11/11/06 by Prote]

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Contact would have to be handled very carefully is right.

If they came in peace and the people of Earth fired weapons at them and nothing happened to there ships then in return one of there ships fired back at us it would be all over the news that they are hostile., not that we started it .

I think you really need to think about this, do you really think you/we are ready?

I think what all the people here need is what I was shown one time. Hugh balls of brilliant white lights (the ships) flying fast and furious one right after the other all over the Earth so low that the ground vibrates and you can feel the magnetism of the Earth under your feet.

Yes, you will know it is real and not memorix or should I say Hologram. They will just be saying yes, we are here and you better stop and change now.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Many cultures and civilizations have had to deal with the sudden appearance of strange, pasty skinned aliens, intent on invasion, armed to the teeth with all manner of futuristic weapons.

Historically, the invaded culture has generally suffered and been exploited by the aliens, but at the time, this threat was not always recognized, and often they were greeted with curiosity, even friendship. Sometimes there were conflicts, and the aliens actually destroyed the civilization, but for the majority, their destiny was to be assimilated into the alien culture.

Of course, the aliens I refer to were of the white-skinned European kind.. How we would react to the the extra-terrestrial kind, I guess we can extrapolate from this..

Seriously though, I've seen some pretty unstable people who believe in E.T's (not saying all E.T. believers are unstable mind!) and if THEY can cope with the idea, I don't see why the rest of the world couldn't.

[edit on 11-11-2006 by nowthenlookhere]

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
No, I don't think we're ready.
I still believe that the majority of the people couldn't care less about the "extraterrestrial" matter.
Most are occupied with other matters such as reading news about Brad Pitt's private-life and thinking about what they are going to do the next weekend and many other unsignificant matters. And it matter not if these matters seem unimportant to some people since it surely are important to them why else would they spend time on it.

Lets take the global issue as an example. Al Gore and Kofi Annan and other important humans are encouraging us to start thinking about our planet's health. Most people care for the planet, but very few actually try to make it better.
They are too occupied with other matters, perhaps finding out the brand those awsome shoes Lindsay Lohan wore are from.
Personal matters will always be the priority for the average human.

If a "believer" would ask someone on the street about their opinion about the extraterrestrial matter they would just walk away, perhaps they would laugh a little as well. They would not take it seriously. And I think most people works like that.
Most humans are more interested in small matters, and that affects myself extremely much. I consider the "extraterrestrial" matter to be the most interesting question there is and I can't try to understand how someone can't share the same opinion in that matter as me. I cannot understand how some people find it far more interesting to read about what some actor or actress is up to.

I know some people that are really interested in extraterrestrials but I regret saying they are too few. I know much more people who don't even give it a thought. I cannot understand how they can be so narrow-minded, I almost think it's a little immature to be honest.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The aliens spent ten years teaching me everything about matter and how they are able to come and go from our world and control it from other dimensions, and one day I used my son's computer to go on the Internet and I found boards like this. I went straight on them and tried to explain who the aliens are and how we can live in peace with them and be totally free from 3D like gods are and people instantaneously attacked me in every way, calling me insane, devil possessed, suffering from Stockholm syndrome due to alien abuse, a servant of the evil grays, a government disinformation agent, a straight out liar making up fantasy. I really found that only about five percent of the people were interested in knowing about the aliens and yet they could not discuss such things because of the multitude of morons slinging abuse and trolling at every single moment. I went from being a person who could pass on the highest knowledge to being a beat up victim of the mindless mob. Now I don't even try to teach people anything on the web. It's just a place where chaos rules. Ideally any type of bad behaviour should be outlawed so that intelligent people can discuss information only without feelings getting in the way.

So my understanding is that humans in general are not ready to know about the aliens and in fact are quite against the idea that aliens should be our friends.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
probedbygrays: if what you say is true, it's not your fault for the bad reactions.

Why are the bad reactions there?

Because the ETs you describe have NOT made themselves generally known and made their intentions clear. Because there is no way for the rest of us to distinguish something honest said like that from somebody who is mentally ill, or perpetrating a hoax.

Any ET smart enough would understand that and yet they persist with non-verifiable and covert contacts. I think that's putting a load of problems on their contactees but they don't seem to have a conscience about that, or whatever they are doing overrides it.

If they did make contact in the open, with honesty and decency, and they seemed, and proved over time, to be peaceful or helpful, then people will accept that and not react badly.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
To the OP: Many of the educated population on Earth may be ready for E.T., as long as they turn out to be benevolent and passive. Too many are expecting only 'good guys' - that may be a mistake of grandiose, wishful thinking.

But the vast majority of Earth's humanity is still living a rather uneducated, primitive, subsidence existence. They barely accept cultures even just slightly different from their own, E.T. is a complete unknown quantity to them. If you go to the jungles of South America, the deserts of Australia or Africa, the far north - these fokks spend all day every day just trying to stay alive. E.T. is completely a foreign concept to them - I don't think they give it any thought whatsoever.

As for the rest of us in developed/developing nations, with communication, technology, etc., I agree with most of your responders: some are ready, some are not, some won't believe it until they land in their neghborhood.

Interesting thought-experiment, though - Thanks for posting it...

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
If disclosure happend some would rejoice, some would riot and others would commit suicide. What was the reaction when people found out the world was really round? Thats kinda along the same lines right?

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by justgeneric
I agree with masqua...big business would have a heart attack!! Imagine the chaos on wall street knowing that all of those commodities might actually be worthless in light of aliens coming out of hiding!

Personally, I'd be cool with it. My kid however would likely hyperventilate and curl up into a little ball of denial...same with many of my friends.

[edit on 11/11/2006 by justgeneric]

Business is about greed and anything that hampers that is not good. So yeah I agree with you.

You sure about your kids? Most kids would accept this in a minute I think. They probably already do but we don't ask them.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I believe most of the civilized technological portion of the human population will be able to handle it. Actually a good chunk already believe.

The low technological portion, which make up most of the human population. Will not be easily convinced at first and there could be some unrest for a little while, but nothing major. It will pass and life will return to 'normal' and accept it as real.

Now the extreme religious portions will be a problem... they will accuse the civilized portion of fabricating a grand hoax for their own agendas, and will try to wage a 'holy war' on the infidels. And/or believe the aliens are demons and devils that are bringing upon the apocalypse. They will try to spread these beliefs like a cancer, creating panic and fear and death and destruction throughout the world.

Hmmm, perhaps maybe thats why we are in the middle-east right now. Trying to spread democracy and civilization to Islam, to tone down their religious extremism. Maybe we are preparing for a grand disclosure to the world that aliens exist and we are trying to minimize global panic.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Are we ready for it? No

Do we have a right to know? Yes

Do we need to know? Yes

If we never find out the truth, how will we ever change.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Some open minded people are, but quite a few people may not take it well, namely religious people. The existence of alien life in some cases contradicts with some religions.

I for one and open about it. I can't wait for them to tell us.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I believe there are ET's all over the universe, but we are still to violent to deal with.

I believe they are watching us and see how we progress as a species.

A science experiment.

Unless they have moved forward in time and we cause bigger problems out there in 400 or 500 years. Which I do believe we are capabile of.

Ask yourself if you have the ability to travel the fantasic distances between galaxies, have the ability to have enormous power to get you there and protect yourself from the tremendous energy in the cosmos, ( Radation, Black holes etc...)

Would you want to deal with I will quote Star Trek, Mostly bags of water that can't get away from the oil industrial age?

I wouldn't land on this rock until we a a species could have a better understanding of Science and Diplomacy, and learned not to kill to dominate our world.

We are just interesting to some galactic scientist saying, you know we where like this a few million years ago.

Our governments are still not trustworthy enough to deal with a higher being.

Some think tank is still thinking they are here to control or eat us. HAHAHAHAHA

We are not ready......

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Why are we not ready to know!

If it was on the news, "yes, we admit aliens exist" why would there be mass panic???
I think there would be mass surprise and probably still half the people wouldnt believe anyway.

It would only be when they actually show up, that there may be mass panic.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by probedbygrays

So my understanding is that humans in general are not ready to know about the aliens and in fact are quite against the idea that aliens should be our friends.

I think you kind of have it backwards. People aren't condemning you because of your supposed contact with aliens. It is because you present yet another story, claiming outlandish claims, without the slightest proof. And many people, including me, are tired of it.

Now if alien existence is revealed, and they are peaceful towards us, and can help further the human race, I would be ready to accept them with open arms. Hopefully one day that will happen so I don't have to read these Dr. Seus stories about aliens anylonger!

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 01:16 AM
link   
If E.T.s showed up, or the Government admitted their knowledge of Alien activities on the planet, I do not think the world would be ready for it.
I guess what it comes down to for me is how people are so self obsessed; as others have pointed out in this thread, we demonize any culture that is slightly different than our own, it seems more and more that war is our only answer to any situation, and religion has been poisoning the minds of the people of this planet for millenia.

There is a huge difference between someone saying that they are willing to accept the possibility of Alien life, and actually turning on CNN and seeing craft floating over New York, Boston, London, Mexico City, Paris etc.

If that happened, I believe that a few people - more than likely an odd mix of enlightened scientific minds and everyday people would be ready and would welcome them. The rest of society would be terrified, generals would be drawing up war plans, religious people would claim that it was a sign of the apocolypse etc.
However, I don't think that there would be mass panic and/or looting. I think that if E.T.s showed up on the planet, for the most part, people would stay inside their homes, glued to their televisions and spending time with their families. I think that people would be too scared to cause panic in the streets.
For example, take 9/11. A huge event that was earth shaking in its ramifications, and for the most part, the citizens of New York and Washington remained calm, and the rest of America sat by their television sets, watching and waiting.

Personally, I hope that this planet does not have contact with Alien life (if it exists) within the next 100 years. I am so ashamed of how the citizens of the world are reacting to the disasters in Africa with indifference, for example, that I would not want to make contact with an Alien Race till we can get our own stuff on our planet worked out. Only then would I feel that we would have earned the right to make contact with such vastly superior civilizations.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I think the human race has grown in the most part to accept the reality of us being visited by other beings. We have to accept the fact that in this vast universe we are one small planet that is not alone in the multitude of the universe.

As scary as it may sound to some, we are not alone and it is foolish to think that we are superiour in intellect. Our technology is increasing in leaps and bounds, so who is to say that we weren't pipped to the post first.

We explore other worlds, so why shouldn't they come here? Besides, I do believe an invitation was sent out with the Voyager spacecraft, so if somebody answers the invitation we shouldn't be surprised. That was the whole point of sending out the message into deep space.

Besides, we have loads of time, since then to accept the idea of travellers to our planet from distant skies.

Let them come, I am ready. I have had my own experiences and I am ready for a more open relationship with them.I think the human race has grown in the most part to accept the reality of us being visited by other beings. We have to accept the fact that in this vast universe we are one small planet that is not alone in the multitude of the universe.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by hilroy
I think the governments of the world should just say "Aliens are real, these are their intentions (basic info) that is all" and let the public digest that info for a while.

What do you think would happen if it was on the news stating aliens are real?

I would imagine that there would be mass hysteria, looting, religeous movements (good and bad). After the novelty of the info has worn off, there would be acceptance.

p.s. I am new here and this is my way of saying hello aswell

If somehow the human race came upon an extra intellegent beings they deffinantly would great them with open arms.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
you present yet another story, claiming outlandish claims, without the slightest proof. And many people, including me, are tired of it.

-----------------

Now if alien existence is revealed, and they are peaceful towards us, and can help further the human race,

There is no proof of aliens in this world. No proof that would stand up to scientific testing that is. But you're still hopeful that aliens will appear and want to help you? They won't. Aliens control this world and always have. When they appear you will realize you're a puppet in their game and you will get mad or humiliated and probably go insane because your reality will fade away before your eyes.

I understand where you're coming from though, and I started a post about this type of attitude earlier today but then deleted it. people are expecting friendly aliens to appear and want to help the earth. That ain't going to happen. We have more than enough resources to help ourselves.

The aliens are here now if you have eyes to see. Babies and some young children see them before their minds are closed by the world's 3 dimensional thinking.

Many aliens take humans to parallel worlds where the humans learn about all kinds of different realities. Then the humans try to tell other humans what they have learned and they are mocked and called crazy. But those people do have valuable information or at very least wonderful tales to tell, so they should be allowed to speak without being mocked.

I know how manipulative the aliens truly are so I don't doubt peoples experiences no matter how strange they are. I know they probably really did happen and I look for patterns or traits in the aliens behavior so I can get a grip on what the aliens were trying to teach those people. Many of the experiences the aliens give to people are like parables. They are a philosophical message within a colorful story.

I'm sure Dr Seuss has some profound wisdom embedded in his stories also!

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Probed, I appreciate where you are coming from, but perhaps you are being overly pessimistic. For me, the Disclosure Project has pretty much all the evidence you need, including military and air traffic reports. These are not just fables composed like Biblical parables, these are hardcore undeniable smoking guns. The MJ-12 Majic Security Manual was never properly debunked either, and it's a goldmine of info. Throw in Roswell, the Alien Interview, and hours and hours of striking videos.. it's undeniable really.

Now if ET consider themselves too big for our boots then let us cross that bridge when we come to it. I remain of the feeling public perception is changing. Look at the recent blatant parade of UFOs witnessed in the Space Shuttle Atlantis mission. BBC news even showed it on tv. The triangular formation was among the main headlines for a couple of hours. I think people would get over it pretty quickly, and those who have been writing off ufo believers as quacks will need to swallow their humble pie.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join