It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think the Human race is ready for E.T.?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I think the governments of the world should just say "Aliens are real, these are their intentions (basic info) that is all" and let the public digest that info for a while.

What do you think would happen if it was on the news stating aliens are real?

I would imagine that there would be mass hysteria, looting, religeous movements (good and bad). After the novelty of the info has worn off, there would be acceptance.

p.s. I am new here and this is my way of saying hello aswell

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Well, first I'll state that I don't believe that the government has
any info about aliens accept that they exist, and have visited
the planet in the past, and may still be doing so.

I don't think there would be a great deal of chaos, the general
public in the civilized world would have no problem, I mean,
as it is 70% of Americans believe that aliens exist, and consi-
dering the rest of the civilized world would'nt have a problem
with it either.

I think the only people who would have a problem with it are
the extremeist factions of the abrahamic religions.

And welcome to ATS.

[edit on 11/10/2006 by iori_komei]

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Hello, hilroy, and welcome to ATS.

That is a very good question indeed. I tend to agree with you that we are not ready. Asking it in this forum, I'm sure there are many who will say that they are, mainly because they have considered it as they've read the hundreds of threads here and elsewhere. But, I still think it's a good question here, simply because those same members can now turn their attention on humanity at large and determine what the impact would be on them.

The first to be impacted would be governments, who for so many centuries have had to contend only with other governments on Earth, but now must consider how they should react to an alien race.

Second would be corporations, for if the alien culture was more advanced, they would be scrambling to keep some semblance of 'market share' when everyone wants the products that the aliens may be willing to provide.

As for individuals, well...I can only speak for myself, but I knbow my little world view would be dramatically altered.

And, lastly, on religions... I don't belong to any one of them, so I'll leave that for those who do.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Humans are ready, but we are being taught that there will be a mass panic of aliens are made official. This will not happen

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I'm Catholic. If I were to be told there are ET's among us, i would ask myself:

Who created them? Must have been the same God that created us.
Will they hurt us? They have been around for centuries and no harm has come to humans, why now?
At my age, could i deal with such a blow?
Heck, yes, i've dealt with worse.

It sure wouldnt make me think differently about anything. Well, maybe going out late to my backyard at night.
And maybe installing a low peep hole so i can squat down and see who's knocking at the door. (i hear they're small).

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I think that the human race as a whole is not ready and when/if the time comes it would have to be handled carefully.

As with the Grey's I was told that they would NOT interfere and would only confer to interfere one time and that is if we were about to destroy Earth. (INTERFERE INTERESTING WORD)

Even if the polls show that 90% of the people believe it doesn't mean 90% are ready.

To be honest I think it might end up like everything else, big news then all the hoopla gone. As far as I am concerned you should all apreciate whatever you have no matter how much or how little. This planet and my family are what make my world go round.

As the one I go to communicated to me long ago:
When it is time you will know , and whatever is to be will be.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I think that one third of the people know they are here and accept it as reality. One third could learn to accept it as reality and one third of people will have great difficulty accepting reality.

There is not much we can do about it frankly. There is no easy way to tell a difficult truth to anyone is there? There is only certain times that are better than others that is all.

WE cannot continue to hold back humanity because some of us wish the truth of reality to continue to be a fantasy.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
um, i think that i would probibly be really excited, but i think that i would be relativly be the same as dgtempe as i am a christian. but we will see when they do make it here

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Just yesterday, I was coming home from work with some fellow workmates - they suddenly got from the subject of global warming to signs of the apocalypse, World War 3, then finally in unison, said that they not only believe aliens exist but they have been here among us. All in a very cordial discussion, matter of fact. Ordinary people are no longer afraid to speak openly about these things and not feel ridiculed.

It blew my mind that other people, with families and lives different to my own, are thinking along the same lines. If you were to ask me a while ago is the human race was ready for disclosure, I would say 'probably not'. But all of us can feel changes in the wind. Changes on the Earth (we were all talking about this too). I think that even if it happened in the near future, we would soon accept it with no real drama. The drama would come not from us, but from the Illuminati puppeteers.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by RiotComing
Ordinary people are no longer afraid to speak openly about these things and not feel ridiculed.

I probably couldn't say this better myself. That is all.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Some aliens are simple worker beings without much power and humans could get along with them easily. However the head aliens are too much for humans to comprehend and chaos will eventuate.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I believe we are ready and I also believe millions of people are expecting it to happen. The only reason those in power don't talk about it is that their power would be somewhat diminished if they admiited that aliens exist.

I just hope they arrive whilst I am still on this earth - can't wait to be honest.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Good question

Like someone else said, I think most people accept the idea that there are "others" out there in the universe and that some even come to visit Earth once and awhile. If the government told us they were real and gave us proof I think people would just be more curious than frightened.

Are we ready to meet them? ...I think that depends on how they reveal themselves to us. If it's anything like "War of Worlds," of course people everywhere will run for the hills
But if it's in a more peaceful way, I think some of us will be alright with it.

Even if they were friendly we would probably have to be very cautious of any strange bacteria they brought with them from wherever they came from..

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by probedbygrays
However the head aliens are too much for humans to comprehend and chaos will eventuate.

I would love it if you could elaborate on this, and flesh it out further. A detailed view on how you believe this would play out. You sound like you have a specific vision on this, yet only revealing skeletal details. I'm all ears!

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I think the majority of people are ready. Everyday, there's an influx of crazy news, pictures, video clips, and media. With all that's going on in the world, most people have become numb to shocking news. Some people might even rejoice and see the news as a saving grace from society's downfall. But I do have one question: If aliens ever declared war on Earth, would all of the world's civilizations unite and fight? Jew next to Muslim next to Christian?

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I agree with masqua...big business would have a heart attack!! Imagine the chaos on wall street knowing that all of those commodities might actually be worthless in light of aliens coming out of hiding!

I'd pay money to see it.

I don't think the average person is ready for it though although the topic is less tabu than it ever used to be...it's one thing to talk about it as a mere possibility and another entirely to have it be known as a reality.

Personally, I'd be cool with it. My kid however would likely hyperventilate and curl up into a little ball of denial...same with many of my friends.

The effect it would have is really open to a lot of speculation and I guess it would depend on HOW they came out to the world and HOW they were received by our Governments...

I still say many would not be all that comfortable with it. Not that they'd all go Waco Texas or anything, but there'd be a lot of suspicion.

Still, I'd love to meet them (and actually be permitted to retain the memory )...I'd also have some questions... A LOT of questions...

typos

[edit on 11/11/2006 by justgeneric]

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 03:00 AM
link   
sorry for going off topic for a moment.

Originally posted by RiotComing

A detailed view on how you believe this would play out.

They're kinda hard to describe. Humans are used to observing 3 dimensional beings moving in time lines, but the head aliens are like gods who are not stuck in 3 dimensional space or locked into any time line. They know everything and can control everything like gods. They are just so far ahead of human understanding that they boggle the mind. They would appear as the supreme threat because our minds will recognize their absolute superiority and authority.

[edit on 11-11-2006 by probedbygrays]

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Good question with some great thoughts from members too. If they are here, and I lean toward EBEs being here - on, above and below Earth, they may be monitoring two things:

- Erosion of our planet, including environment and over population, and

- Above ground Nuclear detonation

Putting aside my religious beliefs (or including them), I feel the aorld in it's present state would be better off with a little outside help and people would come to realize there is a power exceeding the Governments of Countries on earth, that may be superior.

Yes, I feel earthlings can and will accept with greater ease than not all that many years ago, Civilian contact -- direct and in the open.

Dallas

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   
There is no difference between a alien and an apple.

Behind the shell of skin and materialistic perception,

ready for anything that exists.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   
hey

nice topic Hilroy!
I think we are ready for the ET's, And in different ways 2!!!
The human race has always adapted 2 al situations otherwise we wouldt be here anymore. And in the case of a ET-war being fought here on earth i believe :
if they don't have any weapons who could wipe out humanity pretty fast like in 2 or 3 simultanius blasts, we would survive the attack and maybe 1 day we could find a way 2 beat them invaders (kinda in the way they tell in Matrix/Terminator2/etc) Humankind are hunters 2 , and i believe that in case of an invasion if we arent outgunned, even if we are outnumberd by a ratio of 1/2 we would beat the sh*t outta them. We have alot of exp in combatstrategy (with or without weapons) we have hidden bunkers all over the world . Places like Vietnam, Afghanistan and as i believe US have a huge tunnelnetwork ready to hide in !!!
I say we are ready for them 2 come peacefully or in state of war

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join