It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Made in China buckets you tie onto your feet.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
OK the entire nation is flooded with crappy made in China buckets you tie onto your feet. Guaranteed to cripple, induce giant blood blisters and flatten your feet. There is one good shoe made in Canada. It is the Prospector Biowalk shoe.

The Prospector Biowalk shoe is a shoe befitting its name. Fine leather upper with a full arch comfortably molded for healthy posture - it is IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND HERE.

The only available retailer is Zappos online who DON'T SHIP TO CANADA.

This is really adding insult to injury. Here we see the subterfuge of the corporatcracy and their underhanded attempts to demoralize, bankrupt and cripple an entire nation.

Prospector has no web-site of their own that can be found. No company contact number available through Zappos. Are they defunct already? No a smattering of their shoes are available through E-bay, if you don't feel the need to try a shoe on before you buy it.

What the heck? Isn't it bad enough they have to derail all manufacturing - they have to attack our feet at the same time. China must be a flat footed nation, inured to the injurious insult of wearing only poorly made shoes, or no shoes at all. Is that what they have in store for us.

Many of you have probably not noticed the sharp and insidious decline in shoe quality since our politicians have decided to run our economies like third world countries - exporting raw materials and importing junk, since you are able to drive everywhere. That's probably the reason they attacked the shoes first. It will only cripple the poor, for now.

I have saved all my pennies for a pair of Prospector Biowalk made in Canada shoes - and it appears they are only available for export. The exporters will not even mail them back to us.

If anyone has a handle on Prospector biowalk shoes - please post it.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Alrighty. I can appreciate the need for shoes with good arch support, so I decided to devote some time to your quest.

What I have discovered is that Prospector Shoes are represented by a Canadian company called The Indeka Group with a completely non-helpful website. Here is their contact page. What I was thinking was that you could drop these people an email, and ask them if they know where you can buy a pair of these shoes.

Good luck!

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
DUZEY!!! You're my knight in shining armour.

I have also recently discovered that Prospector shoes are issued to the RCMP. So while they're practicing crowd control well shod with no risk of corns, blood blister, crippled achilles, and fallen arches - the unwashed masses are stomping around worse than barefoot. Yet another advantage for the big business corporatcracy in their plot to plunge the entire planet into corporate serfdom.

Like armored knights against pitch-forks. In this case it's well-shod mounties against over-priced buckets you tie onto your feet. (I don't mean you're that kind of knight Duzey.)

Canadians ought to be able to buy made in Canada, proper shoes - in our stores.

[edit on 12-11-2006 by clearwater]

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I have a bad case of fallen arches, and I find that Scholls are pretty good.
They seem to keep my arches supported.

The only downside is the gel pads they use seem to shift under weight a little more than I'd like.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Looks like if a person wants to preserve the integrity of their feet, they have to spend 500 dollars on orthotics each year, in addition to 2 or 300 on decent shoes.., That are not even sold in our stores or available by mail.

Absurd - must be a free trade agreement: 'Only shoes that will cripple the populace are to be available in Canada.' It's not like we can wear that crap during the winter. At least you can still get mukluks.

There's no response from that site.

Gel pads will not suffice. A pox on the arbitrator of that crime.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
That's very rude of them not to answer you.

Orthotic insoles cost $500?
Oh my. I had no idea they were that expensive.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Not going to be my problem in the next world. Rudeness, that is.

They sent emails asking for my postal code, but never responded after that.

[edit on 26-11-2006 by clearwater]

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Sometimes finding the right footwear can just be the luck of the draw.

I know when I found my steel toe boots for work, I was EXTREMELY suprised at how well they fit my foot. Yet the same company with a different style hurt my feel incredibly bad.

I love those steel toes. And theyre really warm too. Normally wearing steel toes in winter in Canada is a BIG mistake. But these are insulated so well, I wish my whole body could fit in there, if you know what I mean.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Steel toed boots are a weapon and a foot fashion.

I'm such a complete dough head, I was just organizing my deleted emails and stumbled across a return email with the numbers of 3 stores at which I can buy prospector shoes.

So now I'm very happy and intend to buy made in Canada footwear for everyone for Christmas.

Some of the made in China shoes are OK, I don't mind the wider foot. But with the amount of walking I do - the lack of arch is grievous. I find the foot part of the shoe is often shaped badly and all the tendons behind my knees get pulled.

Even the high cost runners are nowhere near justifying the price.

I'm just constantly astounded at the money people will shell out for garbage.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
HORRORS!!!!! All the prospector's are now MADE IN CHINA. With cheap slip in insoles with vasty too wide arches.

I settled on Cambrians - MADE IN CHINA. With cheap slip in insoles.

Those bastards.

Someone was just paid 2 cents an hour, so I could be gouged for a width measurement and an excuse for an insole. One notch above a bucket with no insole and less foot upper.

Overpriced crap.

Curses, A pox on those shoe manufacturers who downsize all quality in search of rising profits.

I know there's more people who care about their feet. Let's oust these manufacturing pirates and make homemade shoes.

I'm taking a cobbling course. @#@@###****&&&&$###@#

[edit on 18-12-2006 by clearwater]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by clearwater

I bought a pair of Biowalk shoes in Oshawa about 12 years ago and they're the best shoes I've ever had. The salesman told me at the time of purchase that if I ever required repairs to the shoes I could return them to Biowalk and they would fix and return them. I've been trying to find out if this offer still stands but I can't even find an address or contact info. If anyone knows if there's any truth to this offer please let me know.

Thanks.

Snappy

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Well snappy,
I too have a pair of vintage bio-walks. however they needed repair due to a split and delaminating sole after about 2 to 3 years. I kept them because I remembered the free repair warranty but mis placed the receipt. I have now found it and would , like you, like to restore these to their former glory as the most comfortable shoe I have worn. (and I have worn a few) The only one that could possibly compete for that title is the Hartt shoe which was made by the now defunct factory in Fredericton, New Brunswick Canada. They also share the distinction of being among the most expensive to buy with the prospector bio-walk. I will watch this forum in case anyone can solve our dilemma. apparently the Quebec factory closed some time ago due in part to pressure from the chinese imports!!
regards
gerry.....08/08/08.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I once had a pair of "Made in Canada" Prospector Boots. They lasted through six years of heavy use. They were the best boots I've ever owned. I've been looking for a replacement pair for years. I finally discovered them at Mark's and bought a pair right away. Of course I didn't notice that they are now "Made in China"... and after four months I have holes in the bottom of my soles and very cold and wet feet! These are easily the worst boots ever made!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
My Prospector Biowalk shoe is Made in China. The quality is not bad.

new topics

top topics

join