It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US/UK.Draft UN resolution text.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I'm reminded of some of Hitlers Pre-1939 Ultimatum to Germany's neighbours.
Is this Draft resolution going to secure peace?or is it simply unexceptable to Iraq and so a pretext for war.
I can't see the British public supporting war with this resolution Blair's only mandate.

Decides that false statements or omissions in the declaration submitted by Iraq to the Council and the failure by Iraq at any time to comply and cooperate fully in accordance with the provisions laid out in this resolution, shall constitute a further material breach of Iraq�s obligations, and that such breach authorizes member states to use all necessary means to restore international peace and security in the area;
Decides to remain seized of the

full text:www.msnbc.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 04:44 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Got a problem with that?
Let's not forget that this isn't Hitler threatening neighbors writing this but nations that have already been at war with Iraq, who won, and have reasonable expectations that Iraq should follow through with the guidelines set down that stopped us from mopping the desert up with Hussein's mustache. This is the two leaders of the free world responding to the real danger that Hussein poses to the free world, and in response to his continued support of terror, both financially and with training support.

The Hitler comparison is getting as tiresome as it is inaccurate - and that is prett inaccurate.

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Hi TC,I'm not comparing Bush to Hitler yet.

"If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier � so long as I'm the dictator." �George W. Bush, Dec. 19, 2000

I'm looking at the form this Ultimatum has taken.

I just feel that this resolution would leave no *honourable*way out for Saddam.We are forcing him into a corner he will become desperate and the consequences could be hard to swallow.

Yet again you mention Iraq's support of International Terror.Could you please supply a link.

top topics

join