It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq Civil War Starting

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   
All out War against the middle east would be easy to win.

All you need to do is poison all the Water supplys, then start trading 1 barrel of Water for 2 Barrels of Oil.

Forget the food for oil programme, its the Water for Oil programme.

Then well make Oil powered Cars obsolete and start selling Water at $200 a barrel.

Oil is damn overated, who ever controls the Water controls the World.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I think it's going to be absolutely hilarious when the whole world converts to ethanol

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Yep i cant wait, change is happening now, Ethanol, Bio Diesel, Electric, Hydrogen, Hybrids, LPG etc..... We will always have a demand for oil but where reducing that at a fair pace, but not fast enough.

Governments are jumping on the wagon now because of Climate change, thatll get this ball moving faster!

The ME is going to learn the true meaning of biting the hand that feeds it.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   
yeah, my wife's from the midwest, and you can get ethanol pretty much anywhere up there (cornbelt and all). unfortunately, the east coast isnt up to par yet. i have only found three places that offer it, all of which are more than 100 miles from where i live, and two of those locations are government facilities.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DickBinBush
I think it's going to be absolutely hilarious when the whole world converts to ethanol

I hate to burst your bubble, but production of Ethanol uses MORE oil than just burning oil.

At current production, it takes 2000 calories of oil based fertalizers and pestacides to produce 1 calory of crop. Then you convert the crop to ethanol and you further lose effiancy (not all the calories for the crop become ethanol).

Unless we find some magical replacement for oil based fertalizers, ethanol will never become a replacement for oil.

Edit: here's a link for you to read up on the relationship between crops and oil: Link

[edit on 13-11-2006 by BitRaiser]

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser

I hate to burst your bubble, but production of Ethanol uses MORE oil than just burning oil.

hate to burst your bubble back but your wrong .....

Production of ethanol from sugarcane (sugarcane requires a tropical climate to grow productively) returns about 8 units of energy for each unit expended compared to corn which only returns about 1.34 units of fuel energy for each unit of energy expended

Yes i know most US Ethanol is made from corn, but its still a big difference from your false information.

The US makes heaps of Ethanol, and subsidises it big time, just shows us how keen the US is to get away from oil by creating an industry of Ethanol that only returns 30pc gross.

ME take warning your oil is going to be worthless one day (in comparison to current prices). Traders take note, close your Oil futres asap.

PS. Ethanol is less efficent (by like 30pc) than Oil petrol which adds to the Argument that the US is hell bent on reducing its reliance on ME oil.

[edit on 14-11-2006 by NumberCruncher]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join