It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS "Dee dee dee" Moments

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I just had a "dee dee dee" moment.

I've been using ATS about 2 years now. The ENTIRE time, I've only used the tiny mini-subscription list in the "My ATS" area. I've always been irritated about how hard it was to navigate all my subscriptions, what a pain it was to only delete one at a time then refresh, and how I could never have more than 20-something at a time before they disappeared, etc...

Just now. Today. After two YEARS of using this site, I figure out there's a "manage subscription" area from the member center where I could have just used a simple checkbox submit form to clean them up and find old ones more than 20-something threads back. Two years... Jeez I'm unobservant.

Dee dee dee!

Anyway, I figured I'd start this thread for anyone else who's had an embarrassing moment like that on this site?

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Do you also know that you can find most of your authored threads by clicking your own username? Of course you can click any members username for their authored threads.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

...just in case you didn't already know

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Its nice to have some real people here with a sense of humor!!!

All is forgiven.

Come Home!!!

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
OP...Don't you just hate it when that happens

For me, that was one of the first few functions I figured out....sorry it took you so long. I still don't know how to use everything here. Took me over a year to figure out how to get an avatar

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Dee Student

Originally posted by thelibra
Anyway, I figured I'd start this thread for anyone else who's had an embarrassing moment like that on this site?

Every day, my friend.

Every day.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I've been here for just over a year, and only last week I uncovered the possibilities of customizing myATS. ATSNN and BBQ have been set as the default, never really caught on to it. Also the myNew button is used to display all new posts that we have checked off in myATS.

It was like Christmas when I actually seen the capabilities. I selected 8 or 9 of my favorite forums and now I finally use the myNew button. I find myself forgetting about the New Posts all together.

If you go to myATS, You will see this.

Clicking on this button will show you:

Dee Dee Dee!

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Ok, this is perfect for my duh, duh, huh, or dee dee dee.

Last night I was on this site and my granddaughter was playing with the keyboard, I hollered Hey, HEY to get her to stop and I highlighted what she wrote (she's two, so it was gibberish) then the highlighted gibberish became :hey : hey and I thought something really wierd just happened. I was convinced there was some kind of voice activated spyware in my computer and it heard me say hey hey and wrote the words I had said. After asking anybody who would listen, with the general response by most of "I wouldn't be surprised, they can do anything these days" I communicated with a friend here on ATS who solved the mystery.

I hit the icon by the smiley faces the triangle with the exclamation mark and it turns into.............. :hey : hey

Wow. I guess I am getting a bit paranoid!!!!!!!!!!! But what would you have thought?

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Do yourself a favour and manage you subscibed thread often. I just did after about 3 months and it took over an hour.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Interested,

That ws too funny.
You could have started a thread about that one being a conspiracy bug on computers now, able to type back text to "headquarters"

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Interested,

That ws too funny.
You could have started a thread about that one being a conspiracy bug on computers now, able to type back text to "headquarters"

Hahahahah

Edit to not spoil it, I will let interested tell it.

[edit on 10-11-2006 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   
dee,dee,dee

Hmm.. My most often and most embarrassing Deedeedee's are when I find something that someone said and spend a lot of time typing 10,000 characters blasting them for what they say. Feeling proud of my self and after submitting it.. sitting back waiting for the responses to come in I find to my horror.. the person I just argued with was being sarcastic and I am asked to shamefully delete my post, or let it stand as an icon of ignorance.. but usually delete it lol. I can remember off the top of my head at least 3 times that has happened.

Also, when I first learned how to change the color on my background I thought once I paid to change it once.. I could do it how ever many times I wanted! .... my poor poor points.
took quite a few to find a color I liked lol.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
(whew)

I am so glad I'm not the only one who's had some real "dee dee dee" moments.

What's cool is some of the things mentioned in this thread I still had no idea about. I need to spend a day just figuring out all the tricks of the site.

new topics

top topics

join