It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What a hero!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This sends chills down my spine. What a great sacrifice in the face of danger. May this hero rest in peace...

This guy saved his friends by jumping on a grenade with his helmet to reduce the blast. He was awarded the Congressional medal of honor posthumanously.

AAC

www.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I saw that, awesome dude.
Very sad. You read stuff like that and you feel so proud of those men and women over there, but at the same time I want them home more than ever.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Very true lardo.

God bless america and her future positive developement.

You know Geraldo Rivera said that it would be crucial to have a referendum vote from iraqis, and have them vote yes or no. "Do you want america to stay?"

I'd like to see the results of this vote if it were to come to fruition.

AAC

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
Very true lardo.

God bless america and her future positive developement.

I hope it is positive.

You know Geraldo Rivera said that it would be crucial to have a referendum vote from iraqis, and have them vote yes or no. "Do you want america to stay?"

I'd like to see the results of this vote if it were to come to fruition.

AAC

Only if we coul have an honest vote. I highly doubt we could.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
That's pretty awesome, I agree, it makes you feel good about the men and women at iraq and all of a sudden there is an awesome act of heroism.

>_>.

I really envy people like that who arent afraid to do whatever they put their mind too.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Strange...

Just today I was talking to a friend of mine about the odd fact that there have been no heroes of the Iraq war. In every other major conflict, heroes have been used to promote and honorable picture of the wars. When no hero emerges, heroes are made up.

So far, the only attempt to make a hero was... er... whats-her-name (sorry, suffering from a massive brain fart ATM) that was captured and later liberated from Iraqi millitants. It was later revealed that the story had been over-dramatized in the media and she was quickly forgoten (my brainfart being a case in point).

Now, just before Rememberance (sorry, Veterens) Day, this story is brought up.

Maybe I'm just too damned cynical these days, but the timing makes me think propagandist tactic more than "here's a hero".

That sucks.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
At least, this suit the true definition of hero.

Otherwise, some peoples apply the word Hero to almost anybody.

If you are at war, and you get blown up in pieces by a road side bomb, does that make you an hero ?, it sure make you a brave man or woman, just to be there in the first place, but an hero ?

An heroic gesture, has to involve, a great danger to your own life, willingly accepting that risk to save the life of others, with (or without) saving your.

But just being at the wrong place, at the wrong time, it is not heroism, brave no doubt.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Bit makes a good point.

Bushco has turned this mans sacrifice in to nothing more than propaganda to promote his illegal war. Its sad.

Then again, if you want to be truely realistic about this. 40 years ago he wouldn't have gotten a Medal of Honor for throwing him self on a grenade. Seeing as two Medal of Honor awards can be awarded in any one campaign.

I'm not trying to down-play this mans courage. I just think it's pathetic how Bushco can exploit this as propaganda so openly, and its just swallowed up by people.

I've seen so much excitement for the last two weeks.
Demis take control, Rummy resigns, we have a new Iraqi War hero to celebrate..

It all seems to be to well timed to me..

Like one big play,
And everyones dancing to the tune.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
A true act of bravery but to what ends? Still nobody should lose the message given that the greater good is always worth fighting for by even the weakest of us.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I agree, what a hero! Now if we can only get people like him to run the country, we would be in great shape
It seems as though the bravery doesn't extend past the battlefield.

top topics

join