It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

bigfoot steals deer carcass out of truck???

page: 2
0
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
In Wisconsin if you hit a deer the local police will tag it and you can take it home. Many counties have list of people who want them if the people who hit them do not. The guy in the story really could not say for sure what he saw though and we do have bears in the area. The funny thing is that I was 3 miles away from where this happend that night and I stop there almost every night. I will be watching much closer from now on and if I see any county workers around I will try to get a interview for ATS.




posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I saw some video footage of the area where this supposedly happened. I did seem pretty spooky, I could almost imagine a bigfoot hiding out in those pine trees!



posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by FalseParadigm
If you read the other links, he was employed to do just that


Yes, I was aware of that. However, that doesn't mean he couldn't have given the deer to someone.

Just to update, there is apparently a second witness to this cryptid.

www.cryptomundo.com...


[edit on 13-11-2006 by jbondo]



posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Twice now this guy has said that he didn't think what he saw was a Bigfoot, but still the media and CNN put "Bigfoot" in the headlines.

I watched CNN's story and I love how the affiliate reporter goes to Cabelas and asks guys there what they think he saw...like they are really going to say on TV: "Oh hell yeah that's a werewolf or bigfoot!". One guy is saying he was drinking when he saw it...ha ha so funny how original. What a waste, I'm sure if the people they interviewed actually talked to the guy then their response would be different. More media wink-wink to discredit stories right off the bat.

I doubt we have some crypto-animal, but still it would be nice if the media could research and educate a little more instead of run off to the local soda shop to get the common man's opinon.



posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
If Mister "foot" were so apt or hungry for that matter to reveal himself in broad daylight, that close to a highway for a quick bite, why did'nt he just steal the truck and head on down to the local Sizzler ?

I don't buy it. Even if Bigfoot is completely aware and unfazed by humans, I just don't see that happening. He seems to be too reclusive. I am sure that still being a primal "whattevadaheck" he is, that he stalks his prey and uses either simple weapons or brute strength to obtain his meal. I think there would be more reports from the Mountain-folk homeowners that theres a 8 foot Hamburgler on the loose....



posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Here are some links where the witness denies that what he saw was a bigfoot.

www.cnb-scene.com...
www.gmtoday.com...



[edit on 13-11-2006 by outofstep]

[edit on 13-11-2006 by outofstep]



posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atomic
"Oh hell yeah that's a werewolf or bigfoot!"


Hell! Me N' my kin seent wun when weuz cleenin possims out ol' lady Checkrwoods seement pond! It uz bigr' en at bar kuzin clueliss wrasteled at thu county far!

How in the world would someone shopping at Cabelas know anything relevant?



posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
i think its a hoax, what are the chances that all the sudden bigfoot would steel roadkill? Besides theres not much to back it up. If i say bigfoot i definetely wouldn't forget it.



posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by FalseParadigm

Originally posted by jbondo
I kinda doubt this one too. I know that in PA or at least when I lived there those road kills were handled quite deliberately. You couldn't just take a road kill deer home. The game commission would have to have it removed and rarely would they allow anyone to have the carcass.


If you read the other links, he was employed to do just that

I drove thru PA this past weekend. Dozens of dead deer alongside the roads. I doubt very much if anyone would object to you taking your own roadkill.

I hit a deer a coupla years ago, right in the middle of a metropolitan area. I didn't kill it, I only paralyzed it. The cops came along and shot it (they actually missed the first shot!
) The cop says to me, "Sir, I have to tell you, you have first dibs on the deer, since you hit it". I said No thanks, what am I gonna do with a dead deer? If it was alive, maybe the kids could pet it or something, but dead?



posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
The cop says to me, "Sir, I have to tell you, you have first dibs on the deer, since you hit it". I said No thanks, what am I gonna do with a dead deer? If it was alive, maybe the kids could pet it or something, but dead?


for crying out loud , do i need to spell it out for ya ??

venison steaks - grilled or barbequed , the best bits - always eaten first


roast vesison - the joints , cooked on the bone

venison stew - all the second grade cuts that need to be slow cooked - in a big pot with lots of chubky vegatables and a red wine fortifued stock

game pie - is for when you get sick of the sight of venison stew
its pretty much the same stuff that went in the stew - but with a hearty pastry crust


feed the offal and offcuts to the dogs - mine loves bambi scraps


too many " modern civilised " people are so divorced from the realities of food production and what they eat it is just not funny


i meant what sort of daft question is " what do i do with a dead deer ? "

really



posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo

Originally posted by Atomic
"Oh hell yeah that's a werewolf or bigfoot!"


Hell! Me N' my kin seent wun when weuz cleenin possims out ol' lady Checkrwoods seement pond! It uz bigr' en at bar kuzin clueliss wrasteled at thu county far!

How in the world would someone shopping at Cabelas know anything relevant?


That must be the Appalachian Wisconsin Mountain Man that stumbled down out of his Green Bay Packer decorated cave. Almost as rare as bigfoot himself...you betcha. I've decided to go back to Cabelas University to get my degree so I can talk on CNN.


After reading the gmtoday link, I think this story has lost some of its luster.



posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
i meant what sort of daft question is " what do i do with a dead deer ? "

really

I'm past that point in my life. I once was an avid hunter and fisherman, not any longer, tho.

Now I just buy my meats freshly butchered, inspected, and packaged.



posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by parapsyk676
If i saw bigfoot i definetely wouldn't forget it.


I can vouch for that. I saw one once and it scared the pee-water right out of me. I have friends who say they would have gotten out of the car and offerred it fruit or tried to be peaceful and approach it. I tell them they have no concept under god what they are talking about. With my encounter I had one goal and one only, to get the hell away from it.

If you ever run across one, you will never forget it. The fear that runs thru your body will burn itself into your very soul. I have no idea why that is.

I feel sorry for them. When they encounter mankind it's usually in a rural setting and we either start shooting, or hit the gas and try to run them over or simply freak out.

They have good reason to avoid us at all cost.



posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy

Originally posted by parapsyk676
If i saw bigfoot i definetely wouldn't forget it.


I can vouch for that. I saw one once and it scared the pee-water right out of me. I have friends who say they would have gotten out of the car and offerred it fruit or tried to be peaceful and approach it. I tell them they have no concept under god what they are talking about. With my encounter I had one goal and one only, to get the hell away from it.

If you ever run across one, you will never forget it. The fear that runs thru your body will burn itself into your very soul. I have no idea why that is.

I feel sorry for them. When they encounter mankind it's usually in a rural setting and we either start shooting, or hit the gas and try to run them over or simply freak out.

They have good reason to avoid us at all cost.


Pee-water? Pee-water?! I almost pee-watered myself when I read that!

As for your friends that think they would offer it fruit, I think a more realistic reaction from them would be....you guessed it! Pee-water all over themselves!

Anyone that would stand their ground in front of BF is a better man than me. "Fear burning itself into my soul" sounds about right.

IA you are way above voted with your venison tribute. I haven't hunted in quite a few years either but I would pee-water myself for a hunk of loin.



posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
The cop says to me, "Sir, I have to tell you, you have first dibs on the deer, since you hit it". I said No thanks, what am I gonna do with a dead deer? If it was alive, maybe the kids could pet it or something, but dead?


Here's what happens if you pick up a so-called dead deer, they're dangerous, listen:

www.realwacky.com...

STM



posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Deer hunting starts here in a couple of hours, man here in Michigan them hunters carry some serious rifes. My house is too close to the wilderness makes me scared some backwoods hillbilly is gonna shoot my dog.

They think them dogs 'r some good vittles...



[edit on 14-11-2006 by LoneGunMan]



posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo

Originally posted by FalseParadigm
If you read the other links, he was employed to do just that


Yes, I was aware of that. However, that doesn't mean he couldn't have given the deer to someone.


You started your quote with you doubted it, because in PA where you live, where I live as well, there are crews that are supposed t pick up roadkill.
I was pointing out that this guy WAS one of those roadkill cleaners.
That having been said, I do know that there are people that WILL snag a fresh kill. I was even told that if the legs aren't sticking straight out from the body, the deer is fresh enough to take home.. Though I would think you'd want to field dress it right then and there, to keep the deer good enough to eat.
Something to file away with things I never knew I never knew, and would have been glad not to know, though it could come in handy one day...
Digression aside..
I know that is "I" were on a roadkill crew, and "I" decided that I was going to snag a fresh kill, "I" would not even say that I had picked up a body. That makes more sense than, Oh I picked up a body, and SOMETHING stole it from me.
As far as I know, they aren't on the radio calling in every deer, fox, or raccoon they clean up from the road, and there isn't likely to be someone waiting back at the landfill, or where ever they take the bodies to tally up the body count, with the reported count.
And if there WAS, it would be far smarter not to report that particular carcass, as I stated.



posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by FalseParadigm
You started your quote with you doubted it, because in PA where you live, where I live as well, there are crews that are supposed t pick up roadkill.
I was pointing out that this guy WAS one of those roadkill cleaners.
That having been said, I do know that there are people that WILL snag a fresh kill. I was even told that if the legs aren't sticking straight out from the body, the deer is fresh enough to take home.. Though I would think you'd want to field dress it right then and there, to keep the deer good enough to eat.
Something to file away with things I never knew I never knew, and would have been glad not to know, though it could come in handy one day...
Digression aside..
I know that is "I" were on a roadkill crew, and "I" decided that I was going to snag a fresh kill, "I" would not even say that I had picked up a body. That makes more sense than, Oh I picked up a body, and SOMETHING stole it from me.
As far as I know, they aren't on the radio calling in every deer, fox, or raccoon they clean up from the road, and there isn't likely to be someone waiting back at the landfill, or where ever they take the bodies to tally up the body count, with the reported count.
And if there WAS, it would be far smarter not to report that particular carcass, as I stated.


I think you need to go back and reread my initial post. My doubt statement was regarding the idea that it was a BF. Furthermore, I do not live in PA, I was raised there but I have since left. I lived in a very rural and forested area of NW PA. The closest big city is 90 miles away. Therefore all those things you make commonplace in your post were not the norm in my neck of the woods. Usually a game commission representative personally went out to a road kill himself, not a "road kill crew". What happens is the sheriff would usually call a game warden and the game warden would send out a subordinate to pick up the animal. That makes 3 people that are aware of this animal already. Not to mention all the motorists that drive by, all of which probably know the cop, game warden and subordinate personally. Each animal picked up is logged and tracked.

I would venture to guess that you are from a metropolitan area. Am I correct?



posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I will go back and re read.
Define metro, lol.
I was raised in Philadelphia/Springfield/Brookhaven. I live in the Reading area now, which I concider the back of beyond.. Ever take a drive through Boylestown? Royersford? In Boyertown, I can if I wanted to break the law, take my deer off the back porch... The closest neighbor is a half mile down the hill, and a mile down the road, which makes borrowing a cup of sugar a daunting process.
Philly is actually a great one for road kill deer. Take a drive through Fairmount Park at night.. Keep your windows up, and your doors locked though. And no matter what Will Smith said in his rap SummerTime, even if you are courious, stay off The Plateau at night. Once night I came across two bucks having at it, and all I could think was, if only I had a crossbow.. There were houses maybe 500 feet from where they were tussling, lol.
I think we are on the same page with the doubting. If it were a stituation where the carcass was logged, I have to say, I think I would have come up with a better story than something stole it off my truck, lol.
In fact, if the were tagged, then if no one saw the kill being cleared, it would make more sense to say it wasn't there when I got there..
Who would know? Other people might have saw a fresh kill and decided to take advantage.. It has been known to happen, as I found out, lol.

[edit on 11/15/2006 by FalseParadigm]



posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   
We heard that bigfoot was a vegetarian! Are these accusations true?



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join