It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bigfoot steals deer carcass out of truck???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Wierd Story. Highway worker claims that as he was picking up roadkill, he turned around to see a 7 foot tall bigfoot like creature stealing a deer carcass from the back of his truck! There's not much local coverage of this yet, so far it's just local radio that's picked up this story, but heres one link:

www.620wtmj.com...

I'll keep updating this if any local news papers pick up this story.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Interesting, but where's the proof?

My bet is that it will stay like this, nothing new will come about and it will disappear into oblivion.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Interesting, Cryptomundo has got it covered here -
Bigfoot Steals Deer Carcass
If this is true, we should get the exact location, drive a truck full of roadkill up there (bring a few HD cameras and a few tranquilizer guns) and we should be able to capture a bigfoot in no time! If this man is lying, then we are wasting are time. But seriously, if this man is telling the truth, I suggest doing what I posted above.

-Jimmy-

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   
People steal deer, too. Happens all the time. They are mighty fine vittles.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
well ??

if this story is true [ which i doubt very much - btw ] , then it is another exaple of what i would term " big foot goes ape " < pun > a temporary psychosis - which allows the handawving away of bizarre atypical behaviour totally inconsistant with the " bigfoot ledgent " ie timid , elusive etc - but , and this is the rub - these atypical big foot actions are always claimed to be an abberation - a one off - why do they never escalate

in other animals - aggressive behavioiur which brings an individual into hostile encounters with humans , always escalates - untill the animal is shot or captured

why does bigfoot never escalate ? [ to take this case as a poster child - if the bigfoot concerned will bazenly steal from a truck today - what will he do next week ? - why would an animal prepared to take a dear from a truck simply return to timidity ???? ]

basically "bigfoot " shows a marked lack of consistency in behaviour paterns , yes i know that agiven population can have personality traits , and a group will have the " shy one " , " the agrssive one " , " the curious one " etc

but in studies of any normal animal - the inviduvuals that exhibit a given personality type , stick to that type in most situations - usually with behaviour either increasing or decreasing with age .

look at any long term study into primates , big cats etc - thier personality types are identifable , predicatable and tracable - why does bigfoot psychology present differently in every encounter .

being a cynic - i contend that the " big foot " psychology is recast every time to fit the specifics of a claimed encounter .

just how much variation and psychological pathology can credibly exist in a given [ small ] population - which despite the extreeme ranges of behaviour paterns , always manages to totally disapear after each incident

big foot proponents cannot have it both ways ,

a remote possibility is that a desiese [ akin to rabies or cannine dispemper ] or a neurological condition triggers atypical behaviour in indivituals - but if that is the case why does the " affected " individual not continue a cycle of the atypical behaviour and degeneration ??

instead we are expected to believe that the " normally timid " animal preforms one " act of wanton madness " - and gets it out of thier system , then reverts to a totally polar behaviour

a last point worthy of mention is the posibility that " bigfoot " undergoes a condition akin to an bull elephants "musth" phase

but again why is this behaviour single incident specific - elephant musth can last weeks / months

the same with a dears rutting season - a stag can be bloody vicious and violent towards anything that gets in its way - but when it runs over a hill it does not suddenly rediscover its timidity and react totally differently in the next encounter - its behaviour is consistant - untill rutt ends .

why does bigfoot not follow any predicatable animal or human phsycholocal trails or behaviour patterns that are consistent to a given set of circumstances ?

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Could it be this. The bigfoot is an intelliegent animal, and though shy and timid, has been desensitized to man and our comings and goings.
Should the oppurtunity for a windfall fall across it, wouldn't it reason that though it fears the gain would be worth it?
Not all animal abberant behavior escelates.
Berny Geotz hasn't gone postal on anyone else.
The racoons haven't started breaking into my mothers house.
If indeed they are an off shoot of the branch that produced up, wouldn't be likelier that they think more like we would, in that they THINK, and do not react to instict alone?
That to me would explain why these incidences are one offs, usually.
There may even be types that display pychotic behaviors in the reports of bigfoot terrorizing an area for a certain amount of time.
Could it be that they had a break down of sorts>
Just thinking out loud here, and am very sleep deprived.
Sorry if this maks no sense.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Here is another article on the alleged sighting.

Is 'Bigfoot' roaming around Holy Hill?

Holy Hill is just North of the Milwaukee county line and a very populated area, so I highly doubt it was the mythical creature.

The local media for the most part have not even mentioned the story with the exception of WTMJ and the chatter on the police (Sheriff radio bands) are making jokes about it.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by herm
People steal deer, too. Happens all the time. They are mighty fine vittles.

That is one of the funniest lines I have read in long time. I could almost hear the banjos playing.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Maybe he wanted to carve it into a Deer mat, for his nice plain cave?

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
It has to be a hoax. Seriously, you can tell in every Bigfoot Pictures it is a man in a suit. Plus, there is no fossil evidence and the whole "missing link" theory is outdated and wrong, so it is a hoax as far as I think.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I kinda doubt this one too. I know that in PA or at least when I lived there those road kills were handled quite deliberately. You couldn't just take a road kill deer home. The game commission would have to have it removed and rarely would they allow anyone to have the carcass. That being said, I would imagine if you went to Joe pickup drivers cousins house and looked in his freezer.....As long as Joe doesn't have it and the game warden doesn't know where it went other than the BF story, well then, Joe drivers story is the only explanation. I think if pressed, ol' JD might crack and confess or they could just follow him to the next cookout at his relatives house.

If in fact a BF did do this it may be an example of mental illness in the species or he could have just been so hungry for protein that he had to chance it. We all have read the stories lately about carnivorous squirrels and other animals being forced to do things not in their usual nature. Habitat reduction and starving hunger can drive animals and humans to do unbelievable things.

I think we should keep an eye on this one and see if it plays out any more.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Hmm, yeah this doesn't sound too realistic to me either.

Is deer common roadkill to be just picked up like this? I thought when cars run into deer they both lose. The car is totaled and the police have to go and tow away the car and remove the deer at roughly the same time.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
How could a guy in a suit pick up a deer from the back of a truck and carry it away? I don't know too many people that strong.. do you?

First of all the guy has to prove he had a deer and he was where he was and the deer was in the back of the truck if he can that is.

The deer went somewhere and if anything can grab it and run with it we have to consider the fabled bigfoot above anything else.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I think jbondo is spot on about this scenario. Reminds me of the dude that came home late and told his wife that the scratches on his back and lateness were from escaping a chupacabra.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Hmm, yeah this doesn't sound too realistic to me either.

Is deer common roadkill to be just picked up like this? I thought when cars run into deer they both lose. The car is totaled and the police have to go and tow away the car and remove the deer at roughly the same time.

No people hit them all the time with just minor damage and keep on going. They jump and a lot of time it just a glancing blow. I just hate giving the wounded deer mouth to mouth. yuk!

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Also, The average white tailed deer weighs between 60 and 125 lbs and most young Doe's will come in under 75 lbs easy. Some states grow heavy animals but on average I think I'm accurate. That is assuming it is a white tail.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
For those interested CNN is stating they will interview the individual who saw the alleged Bigfoot tonite Sunday Nov 12 at 10 EST. Adjust the time to match yours.

[edit on 11/12/2006 by shots]

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
Also, The average white tailed deer weighs between 60 and 125 lbs and most young Doe's will come in under 75 lbs easy. Some states grow heavy animals but on average I think I'm accurate. That is assuming it is a white tail.

That is light compared to what they get up to in the north. They can be hundreds of pounds easily and hunters drag them out or winch them out if alone.

If an animal was skinned and prepped then it could weigh a hundred pounds.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Where in the "north" are you referring to? There are areas adjacent to farmland and other favorable habitat that allow for very heavy animals but I am talking about a national average. The largest deer I ever shot was around 165 lbs. This was in PA.

Yes, I know of areas in the US and Canada where WTD can get well over 200 lbs. For example Texas, Kansas, Ontario, etc...

That being said, I don't think the average BF would have any trouble carrying off even the largest deer. However, the average man would probably have a heck of a time with a gangly and uneven weight distribution of say 100 lbs. If I were a betting man however, I would wager that the animal in question was less than 80 lbs.

I think you realize where I'm going with this. I could be wrong though and it wouldn't be the first time.

As always, JMO Lds & Gmen!

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
I kinda doubt this one too. I know that in PA or at least when I lived there those road kills were handled quite deliberately. You couldn't just take a road kill deer home. The game commission would have to have it removed and rarely would they allow anyone to have the carcass.

If you read the other links, he was employed to do just that

Cryptomundo Link

A man contracted by the Department of Natural Resources to pick up road kill came to the Washington County Sheriff’s Department to report a 7-foot-tall “animal” had taken a deer out of the back of his pickup truck at about 1 a.m. Thursday, Sheriff Brian Rahn said.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join