It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm an American...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I want to know what news media has been censored. Most of the news here in america is really censored and that's true but I want to know what news has been censored over here... they make BS like "if you look like this you are a terrorist"... then they say that this is a religious war over here and they make it impossible to overlook these articles.

What news sources are trustable over here... where I can get the most information uncensored? I have approximately four news sources: Fox news, NBC, CNN, and BCC >_>.

I could use some tips here... I know that the media is controlled (but what could I do here)?

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maverickhunter
I could use some tips here... I know that the media is controlled (but what could I do here)?

You're in luck Mav, Look at the top of the page and in the black bar, click on News!

Critical thinking might help a little bit, too. Question Authority!!

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Learn to differentiate facts from opinions.

Check out this Gary Webb video (8 minutes)
video.google.com...

Media will sometime tell the story. San Jose Mercury News reported the CIA/drug connection but was eventually pressured to drop it.

Media outlets are routinely embedded with intelligence agents. This site is embedded with intelligence agents.

You’re on your own…

[edit on 11/11/06 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Well, I would'nt say it's censored, true stories that may be important
are'nt always run, but that's more because it's not considered inter-
esting to the general public.

It's my opinion that CNN is the best mainstream news source, since
they report on things that others have'nt before, and because they're
pretty unbiased, providing both sides of the story.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   
iori_komei, would you say that the Gary Webb story was intentionally killed? (not just unreported to the general public for lack of interest)

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23
iori_komei, would you say that the Gary Webb story was intentionally killed? (not just unreported to the general public for lack of interest)

I believe that the media diod'nt want to report on it after awhile
because of the unbelievability of it, and there were probably a few
individuals pretending to be alot of anonymous people complaining
to the media about it being untrue and things like that, and because
of that they pulled it thinking that the general public was starting to
turn against it's truthfullness.

On a side note, I don't consider the whole CIA drug smuggling thing to
be as important as alot of other bad things the government does.

EDIT:
Spelling.

[edit on 11/11/2006 by iori_komei]

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Thanks IK,
Although I was alive during these events, all I remember really is the shots of Oliver North taking oaths and Reagan caught lying. (visual sound bites?) I came to find out about most of these events after the fact, including Webb’s Mercury News reports. (Webb claims that the story (and sources) were on his site for all to verify.)

Originally posted by iori_komei

Me neither, I just tried to give a good example of mainstream media complicity in a cover-up. Do you have any better examples?

Maverickhunter, I guess you have to decide for yourself which issue you, as an individual, care the most about. Then choose whichever media devotes the most time to the issues you care about.

Although, since you obviously have the Internet, why are you restricted by these 4 choices? You have access to plenty of alternative news sources. Burn your TV.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Me neither, I just tried to give a good example of mainstream media complicity in a cover-up. Do you have any better examples?

No, but I have the nagging feeling in the back of my mind that I
know of one.

I'm more or less just saying I don't think it's this big huge scandal,
compared to what the government has done and does.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23
Thanks IK,
Although I was alive during these events, all I remember really is the shots of Oliver North taking oaths and Reagan caught lying. (visual sound bites?) I came to find out about most of these events after the fact, including Webb’s Mercury News reports. (Webb claims that the story (and sources) were on his site for all to verify.)

Originally posted by iori_komei

Maverickhunter, I guess you have to decide for yourself which issue you, as an individual, care the most about. Then choose whichever media devotes the most time to the issues you care about.

Although, since you obviously have the Internet, why are you restricted by these 4 choices? You have access to plenty of alternative news sources. Burn your TV.

>___>
okay I'll try to burn my TV. The arrogance of "outstanding reporters" is incredulous. I used to like the news but eventually it got on my nerves. I wonder what conspiracy theories get out on the news. They probably only get showed once. I think I can try other news sources but (i spent the last five years asleep), so I didnt get to read about anything I liked and I basically missed out on every conspiracy theory on the net or on the TV that was out there.

I suppose the best thing to do is what you said which is to find an interest.

Hey living in america is better then living in france though in france you only get four channels.

new topics

top topics

join