It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Storms, winds, power outage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Anyone else in the midwest/ great lakes region lose their power over the storms and high winds last night last night?

(not only did I lose power, I lost a lawn chair that blew away
)

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 11:40 AM
link   
No power loss yet, but windy as all hell and snowing like crazy. (rochester NY region)

Time to get snookered and party. :w:

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reporting ... few power outtages.... winds gusting to 50mph last night... some snow showers today !

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 02:06 PM
link   
It's so beautiful!! I love it! But this wind is crazy..it must be gusting at about 50-60 knots
Wonder where this strange weather came from..? Hah! El Nino'

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 10:23 PM
link   
OK, we can all stop worrying now!
I found the lawn chair, just wanted to give you all an update. Thanks for the prayers from you all, without them I am sure my lawn chair wouldn't have been found. It was a rough 12 hours though. We were worried to death! I almost did one of those Amber alerts but the cops said they couldnt do that for a lawn chair. The chair was located today in the neighbors yard, across the street. He spotted the chair and contacted authorities. Had it not been for his quick thinking, we could have lost the chair for good! It could have blown away to who knows where!

Right now, the lawn chair in question is safe and sound in my garage, next to the other matching chair. Despite a few bumbs and bruises baby chair will be alright, according to the paramedics.

[Edited on 13-11-2003 by Bob88]

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I think a blizzard is happening here in Syracuse. For some reason everyone's acting like nothing is going on... Hell, I'm from Houston, I'm not used to this kind of stuff....

On the other hand....it's a great excuse to get hammered!!!

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I live in Toronto, and while it was windy as hell I didn't lose my power. When I went to visit my parents about an hour and a quarter North of Toronto, they'd been without power for two days. They got a lot of snow there, too.

new topics

top topics

join