It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 000 Al Quaida In Iraq "mobilized"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
A new audio tape released today by Al Quaida in Iraq has claimed that they have mobilized 12 000 fighters in the country to fight the Americans.
The tape goes on to tell Bush to stay in the country as they wish to kill more US soldiers.

www.mercurynews.com
Al-Qaida in Iraq claimed in a new audio tape Friday to be winning the war faster than expected in Iraq, saying it had mobilized 12,000 fighters. The leader meanwhile vowed his fighters will never rest until they have blown up the White House.

The group also said it welcomed the Republican electoral defeat that led to the departure of Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld.

Abu Ayyub al-Masri, also known as Abu Hamza al-Muhajir, also urged the U.S. to stay in Iraq so his group would have more opportunities to kill American troops.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It does not explain in the tape if these 12 000 fighters are newly mobilized,or if they are the total strength of al quaida in Iraq.
The tape also claims that the Americans have voted the Democrats in because they have "realized their presidents betrayal in supporting Israel."
Any hopes that the election result may have reduced the violence in Iraq have been shattered if this tape is real.
Sure it stinks of propaganda,but still does not bode well for the troops.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Another article stated that those are 12000 embedded now, and that there are 10000 more to equip. This is looking more like afghanistan/russia than vietnam.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

[edit on 10-11-2006 by esdad71]

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   
This is pure propaganda.

They're so predictable. This is all so predictable its laughable.

OMG.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
dgtempe I agree with you 100%.

It is laughable and it's just tragic how many people not only desperately want to believe it, but do believe it.

Pokey Oats

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Dgtempe,
Is it possible that this is another US Pys-op?Is that what you are thinking?
I have to wonder myself as the timing is as usual,perfect.
This`ll shake up those Dems eh?
The "whitehouse" threat,asking for the USA to STAY in Iraq...
Sure does smell funny,ah but we are used to funny smells these days.

Esdad,I hope you are wrong,but if the ties of AQ in iraq extend back to Afghanistan...you can bet they know a fair bit about how to bleed superpowers to death.
Ironically,we all know who trained them to defeat the soviets don`t we...

[edit on 10-11-2006 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The UK MI5 comming up with the same kinda propaganda on the same frigin day is also a big pointer at whats really going on imho.

Fun thing with human beings is that a fear of something passes when one is constantly confronted by what he fears and once that happens, our brains take over from instinct and chemistry again, at which point we start thinking.

Whats not so fun about this is that they'll need another way to get people to be in a state of fear. ...

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Dots well joined,thematrix
I didn`t think of that angle.
When you consider the story i posted yesterday:

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

(which after further investigation with help from the Pieman,seemed to point to an Israeli Psy-op type media event)

And the Mi5 Speech you mentioned,it begins to look more like a synchronous "media" event.

I had to laugh BTW,on sky news today the news bar kept saying:

Mi5chief:Al queida nuke threat etc...

MISCHIEF/mi5chief...

Priceless dudes!

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
What can I say has to keep the war in Iraq going and fresh with more scare tactics.

After all Saddam was hidding all these Al-qaida during his regime waiting for the right time to strike because he knew that US was going to invade his country.

Sorry I forgot the new al-qaida recruits are the ones that US are training within the military and police and then has allowe to get weapons missing after giving them to the Iraqi alias Al-qaida forces.

Yeah, they are ready and well trained to keep the war going.

What a joke

Denied Ignorance people we already has been deceived over and over again.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
As I understand it Al Qeada had, at its peak, about 25,000 or so active members. After Afghanistan, the numbers were reduced dramatically.

Now....either they are lying which is the assumption of most of the posters on this thread, OR they are telling the truth and that Bushes invasion of Iraq has been their greatest recruitment tool ever OR the truth lies somewhere in between which is where I am placing my money.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
As I understand it Al Qeada had, at its peak, about 25,000 or so active members. After Afghanistan, the numbers were reduced dramatically.

Now....either they are lying which is the assumption of most of the posters on this thread, OR they are telling the truth and that Bushes invasion of Iraq has been their greatest recruitment tool ever OR the truth lies somewhere in between which is where I am placing my money.

Actually they had about over 100,000 members in the camps, mostly they trained them and then sent them back to their homes and commit acts of terrorism. Others joined the 55th Brigade to fight the Northern Alliance. The others were picked for special missions worthy of their trust to execute the operation without hesitation, like the 19 hijackers.

new topics

top topics

join